Gene Simmons...douche bag extraordinaire!

Nobody has wanted to listen to, let alone download, Kiss music since the early 80's. He's been known to be the biggest money whore in the industry.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Yeah, he's a douchebag for wanting his intellectual property rights protected.

Makes total sense.[/quote]You make Gene Simmons look like Time's Man of the Year. He basically blames college kids for the decline of the music industry. Why don't you read the article, and take in his full Assholery (that IS a word) before making YOURSELF look like a douche.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']he makes money selling Kiss themed Coffins, I think that already put him in that category[/QUOTE]

Not to mention toothbrushes that at a press of a button has a loop of "Rock & Roll All Night" playing.

Last Christmas, I was in line at a theater in Sherman Oaks, CA to see Dream Girls. Right behind me was Gene Simmons, his wife and a couple of bratty kids. He had a constant stream of bullshit coming out of his mouth.

One guy in line was talking about downloading music, and Simmons starts making comments out loud directed toward no one in particular, and packs up the family and leaves.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Not to mention toothbrushes that at a press of a button has a loop of "Rock & Roll All Night" playing.[/quote]

I would have thought that someone would have mentioned condoms by now. The only reason to watch his boring ass show is to see how crappy a musician his son is and how washed up he is. Oh and a douce bag.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Yeah, he's a douchebag for wanting his intellectual property rights protected.

Makes total sense.[/quote]

Not so much that, but the fact that he dismiss' What Saul Williams and Radiohead did as retarded, and his refusal to even think about a new idea. That makes him a douchebag, and an idiot.

Not only he is a douchebag but he is a talentless moron and his 'band' has always sucked and always will.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Not so much that, but the fact that he dismiss' What Saul Williams and Radiohead did as retarded, and his refusal to even think about a new idea. That makes him a douchebag, and an idiot.[/QUOTE]
Oh, shit, did he (I didn't read the article =p)?

fuck 'im then. NiggyTardust >> anything Kiss ever put out.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Oh, shit, did he (I didn't read the article =p)?

fuck 'im then. NiggyTardust >> anything Kiss ever put out.[/quote]

[quote name='Gene Doucheba-... I mean Douchebag']

BUT SOME ARTISTS LIKE RADIOHEAD AND TRENT REZNOR ARE TRYING TO FIND A NEW BUSINESS MODEL.

That doesn't count. You can't pick on one person as an exception. And that's not a business model that works. I open a store and say "Come on in and pay whatever you want." Are you on f---ing crack? Do you really believe that's a business model that works?

[/quote]

Gene has always spoke his mind and been a pain in the ass .

I was watching Vol2 of the Kissology and there's an interview , with almost a 60 minutes feel to it .
It was during the late 70's when they were really becoming popular and he was the exact same back then !
I was surprised to hear he had an attitude from way back , it was almost as if it were new audio on old footage .

There's an interview he did with a woman from NPR where he's being a super-douche , look around for that .

Check it out here ... http://www.erim.net/archives/gene-simmons-and-terry-gross-interview

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']You make Gene Simmons look like Time's Man of the Year. He basically blames college kids for the decline of the music industry.[/QUOTE]

I blame them too , I used to like going to used record stores and buying CD's .

Good luck finding one now .

Thanks you internet theives for ruining it .

[quote name='Cracka']he needs a kick in the gene simmons family jewelz

whats up with his son being like 7 feet tall[/QUOTE]

Maybe he inherited the platform shoes gene . :lol:

I kid , I kid .

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Not so much that, but the fact that he dismiss' What Saul Williams and Radiohead did as retarded, and his refusal to even think about a new idea. That makes him a douchebag, and an idiot.[/quote]

I couldn't have said it better.

[quote name='Cracka']he needs a kick in the gene simmons family jewelz

whats up with his son being like 7 feet tall[/quote]

That's from his Mom's boob genes, or her plastic surgeon.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I couldn't have said it better.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you wouldn't mind having your steady income of 30 years of work suddenly diminish .

[quote name='Javil']Wow...

From start to finish, this was the most awkward interview I've ever heard. I never knew much about Gene Simmons at all. This guy takes narcissism to heights I never thought possible.[/QUOTE]

And he was always like that , even when they were starting out .

This is nothing new from him .

[quote name='Richlough']I'm sure you wouldn't mind having your steady income of 30 years of work suddenly diminish .[/quote]

So do tell, where do you get your horse, carriage, and buggy from?

The guy should drop to his knees and lick the ground out of thankfulness that his untalented ass ever got anything. If there was any justice in the world he would be bagging groceries, poorly.

[quote name='porieux']The guy should drop to his knees and lick the ground out of thankfulness that his untalented ass ever got anything. If there was any justice in the world he would be bagging groceries, poorly.[/QUOTE]

I'm not defending just him , I agree with what he said about downloading music .
It's true for any 'artist' .

And I really miss my indepedent used record/cd stores .

[quote name='Richlough']?[/quote]

In layman's terms, do you still see any mass carriage builders around or did the car pretty much abolish that trade.

Horse and buggy.....

[quote name='Richlough']I'm not defending just him , I agree with what he said about downloading music .

And I really miss my indepedent used record/cd stores .[/QUOTE]

I was just making a general comment, not directed at you.
If it wasn't obvious, I despise that douchebag and his suck ass band. I didn't even read the article and don't care what he said :)

Fortunately we still have a lot of great stores around here such as Amoeba and Rasputin. Plus eMusic.com also fills that niche, for me.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']In layman's terms, do you still see any mass carriage builders around or did the car pretty much abolish that trade.

Horse and buggy.....[/QUOTE]

So you're saying since we have advanced technology now that enables this 'theft' , it's ok because it's the norm now ?

That's a pretty selfish way of thinking and I disagree .

But hey what ever works out best for you , right ?

[quote name='Richlough']I'm not defending just him , I agree with what he said about downloading music .

And I really miss my indepedent used record/cd stores .[/QUOTE]

i sure dont miss those. saves me gas/time/and dissappointment knowing that i cant find the record/cd i wanted..thats where the internet made it easier for me.

i dont really care about KISS or Gene Simmons...Him and Lars Ullrich can share a bed together.

[quote name='Richlough']So you're saying since we have advanced technology now that enables this 'theft' , it's ok because it's the norm now ?

That's a pretty selfish way of thinking and I disagree .

But hey what ever works out best for you , right ?[/quote]

:lol: You miss the point entirely, but that's ok. You've got to change with the times and move forward, not stagnate. The VCR came out and everyone cried oh no they'll just tape what they want from the tube and never go out to see movies, etc. etc. etc. Stuff change, deal with it or die like the dinosaurs.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']:lol: You miss the point entirely, but that's ok. You've got to change with the times and move forward, not stagnate. The VCR came out and everyone cried oh no they'll just tape what they want from the tube and never go out to see movies, etc. etc. etc. Stuff change, deal with it or die like the dinosaurs.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I still did , even after that explaination .

Like I said whatever works out best for you .

People like you who only care about themselves are a big problem these days .

I like free stuff too .

Just because you can easily take something , and now make it free , doesn't make it ok .

[quote name='Richlough']:lol: I still did , even after that explaination .

Like I said whatever works out best for you .

People like you who only care about themselves are a big problem these days .

I like free stuff too .

Just because you can easily take something , and now make it free , doesn't make it ok .[/quote]
Right:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

I hate these arguments since all that happens are that people like you come out and start talking like they know something.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Right:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

I hate these arguments since all that happens are that people like you come out and start talking like they know something.[/QUOTE]

Congrats ! Your title has , once again , been upheld .

Makes total sense.[/quote]

You and I both know why all of this makes him a scumbag.

You just like playing the Devil's Advocate.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']:lol: You miss the point entirely, but that's ok. You've got to change with the times and move forward, not stagnate. The VCR came out and everyone cried oh no they'll just tape what they want from the tube and never go out to see movies, etc. etc. etc. Stuff change, deal with it or die like the dinosaurs.[/QUOTE]

I agree here. If technology yeilds something more accessible, then why not harness and use it? They just have to find a way to regulate it.

My musical utopia... 99 cent lossless tracks straight from a band's independent website. I don't buy into small, independent bands not being able to sell there music to fans in today's climate. Myspace basically offers free advertisements for bands. If a band makes good music, has a website that streams there music for sampling purposes, and tours well ... then there good music would certainly be discovered and enjoyed.

Alternatively; What we have now is Exec. Big Whigs bribing DJs who pollute our radio with crap they want to succeed. Honestly; does anyone think in truly competive radio, that shitty bands like Hinder would succeed? No! They get help.

Honestly; I just hate that most of the money I spend on a cd winds up in the hands of an individual who could give a shit about how good the music is and had nothing to do with the direction of the music in the first place.

[quote name='Javil']Wow...

From start to finish, this was the most awkward interview I've ever heard. I never knew much about Gene Simmons at all. This guy takes narcissism to heights I never thought possible.[/quote]

90% of musicians and actors have a much higher opinion of their importance in the world than they should anyway.

[quote name='Richlough']Congrats ! Your title has , once again , been upheld .[/quote]

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I absolutely love it when someone congratulates me on my title. It seems so befitting.:D

I'm no Kiss fan but I am against illegal downloading. Just my opinion though. I know lots of people do it and that's their decision.

You guys act like illegal downloading is what caused the loss in sales of cds and the closing of record shops. Wrong.....it was the crappy quality of the music put out....

[quote name='chickensit']You guys act like illegal downloading is what caused the loss in sales of cds and the closing of record shops. Wrong.....it was the crappy quality of the music put out....[/QUOTE]

Really? I could have sworn Mozart, Charlie Parker, and Bob Dylan were all available on CDs, at record shops. I'm not taking a stand pro or con, but this doesn't hold water.

Richlough, why do you keep on putting frivolous spaces after and before your punctuation marks?

For example, your periods are used incorrectly.

It should be:

word.

You do:

word .

Why?

[quote name='chickensit']You guys act like illegal downloading is what caused the loss in sales of cds and the closing of record shops. Wrong.....it was the crappy quality of the music put out....[/quote]

Why would people even bother downloading music if it was low quality? You're wrong, CD sales obviously went down as a result of downloading.

bread's done
Back