Contra 4 (DS) $20 at Fry's unadvertised?

cartman414

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Someone over at NeoGAF just said that they found Contra 4 at Fry's for $20 even though it was unadvertised in the latest ads. Can anyone confirm this?

Oh, and please lock this if necessary. I hope I'm not spamming here.

Yup I can confirm this. The Fry's at City of Industry, CA has about 2 copies left and they were not in any protective plastic case and have a price label of $19.99.

This game is awesome.

Awesomely hard.

So awesome I want to throw my DS out the window every time I play it.

Almost as awesomely hard as Contra for the PS2 on expert mode.

That game made me go through many controllers. =)

got contra 4 last week. super good. but like nikkai said, its unapologetically difficult. highly recommended to those who like a challenge, though.

man... store opens at 9 and it's freakin 2:30am rite now...

at least... I am glad I took the effort to check this forum before sleeping!!

I'ma busy dood, I needa go early!!!

This was not at Fry's but I finally used the $10 apology coupon code Circuit City sent me back in May. I bought Contra 4 $19.99 plus tax and free shipping.:)

I just grabbed a copy. There were still three copies on the shelf at the City of Industry Fry's. Thanks for the heads up, OP!

Confirmed at the Roseville Fry's. They still had copies too.

Edit: Be sure to read the instruction manual, it's pretty fucking funny.

[quote name='baruflea']Would be awesome if I could get it. Any west coast CAGs want to help out an east coast member? :pray:[/quote]
I'll check it out since I'll be heading there in a little bit. Sent you a PM

three copies in Burbank, I picked up one leaving two more.

They also had Lunar Knights for $24.95, as well as a bunch of DS games I never seen or heard of!!!

All sold out at the Fry's in Plano, TX.
Apparently they have 1 left at the Garland location, 2 at the location off 635, and 4 in Arlington. Still debating if it is worth the trip and risk of it being sold out... Good luck to anyone who gives it a shot

Dang, which I knew....

I was just at Frys last night. Contra DS is one of the only games I want enough to buy right away right now.

[quote name='JEKKI']three copies in Burbank, I picked up one leaving two more.

They also had Lunar Knights for $24.95, as well as a bunch of DS games I never seen or heard of!!![/quote]
two copies in Burbank, I picked up one leaving one more.

No more monkeys jumping on my bed.

Just got the last copy in the IL, store. Thanks to the original poster!

Also, to my surprise, they were selling Uncharted for PS3 already.

Bit late, but was at Woodland Hills in the early afternoon and picked up a copy confirmed for $19.99. There were four hidden behind a copy of Crash Racing (I didn't do it!).

[quote name='gunm']Bit late, but was at Woodland Hills in the early afternoon and picked up a copy confirmed for $19.99. There were four hidden behind a copy of Crash Racing (I didn't do it!).[/quote]

Thanks, I'll be sure to check for Crash Racing if I can't find Contra in its proper place tomorrow!

[quote name='nujen']also picked up the last copy at frys city of industry. thanks op![/QUOTE]

Damn, if only I knew about this sooner I would have gotten in on it. How many CAGs we got who shop at the Industry Frys ?

I'll stop by sometime this week (but not Friday) and see if they have a restock.

[quote name='JEKKI']three copies in Burbank, I picked up one leaving two more.

They also had Lunar Knights for $24.95, as well as a bunch of DS games I never seen or heard of!!![/quote]
Ahh crap. They're all probably sold out by now :/

Wish I had seen this yesterday when I actually WENT to Fry's!!!

Hopefully I can get a Raincheck or somethin'....

I want to thank picktlnt for graciously buying a copy of Contra 4 for me at his local Fry's and expediently mailing it First Class with delivery confirmation. Let me know if there's ever anything I can do for you, picktlnt.

Cheers,

--BF.

Dang it, I went to the Woodland Hills Fry's a couple hours ago and they were already sold out. But I'm hoping that this is their standard price since people are reporting that the price tags read $20.

Sounds like it's the standard price - were there any special yellow or red labels near the game to indicated it was on sale?

Perhaps this is the MSRP for it...

[quote name='karkyco']Sounds like it's the standard price - were there any special yellow or red labels near the game to indicated it was on sale?

Perhaps this is the MSRP for it...[/quote]

It's definitely not the MSRP -- the game sells for $30 everywhere else.

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up a copy. They had about 4 in Phx, AZ the Fry's on T-Bird with the sticker priced as $19.99. Maybe that will be the regular price for Fry's.

Has anyone gone to the Fry's near Camelot (forgot what city) in southern CA? Are there any copies left? How long is this going to last?

[quote name='spuffin']All sold out at the Fry's in Plano, TX.
Apparently they have 1 left at the Garland location, 2 at the location off 635, and 4 in Arlington. Still debating if it is worth the trip and risk of it being sold out... Good luck to anyone who gives it a shot[/quote]
Wow. The 1 copy at the Garland copy made it through until today when I took it off of their hands.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='Scarface7']Looking to get a copy at cost + shipping or CML. Send me a PM if you can help.[/quote] [quote name='michaema']Looks like price went back up to 29.99 today. Deal is dead[/quote]For anyone who managed to get an extra copy.

bread's done
Back