• Read Toro Station 3 times
  • Read Toro Station 10 times
Silver Trophies

• Read Toro Station 30 times
  • Read Toro Station 50 times
Gold Trophies

• Read Toro Station 90 times
  • Read Toro Station 120 times

I just ran it on my US account, and I got the September Update Trophy I think, so you don't have to log in with your Japanese account like the article says. I don't think I will try to get all the trophies, but it's nice they are adding trophy support to it.

[/quote]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YGZDxD8UKOU

_______-------_______FAQ/Starter's Guide_______-------_______

-Where do I start?/How do I download this?-
First, create a Japanese PSN account (click for tutorial). From there proceed to the Japanese PSN store on your new account. Download the free game title that has the picture of the two cats, install, and you're set! Also note you can download fromy our Japanese account, and play from your US account if you wish.

-What do I do?-
After initially setting things up in the game (don't worry, if nothing makes sense since it affects very little) once you come to the main game screen after the title logo, press X. This will bring up a menu. The first option is the News Reader which is the meat of the program (from the news section's sub menu, you'll want to use the first and second options mainly). The second is the gift option where you can use items you have gotten or received and either give them to the cat or decorate your room. The other options are neat little distractions like brain games and setup as well as friends type of stuff. Fool around with the menu for a while since anything you do won't mess the game up at all.

-What else?-
You can play this 'game' via remote play on your PSP (seen below) if you have one and the game supports custom music.
523132799_e1dd46213f_o.jpg

-I'm stuck at the clock and some weird grey box?-
If this happens, quit the game and go to your time/clock settings on the system. From there just fiddle with the date or time (just change it once, then go back and change it to your regular time if you want). After that, hop back into the 'game' and it should be off to a good start.

-Are there free room items?-
Yes, look at the following pic of my room for an idea of what's mostly available ATM so far (as of 12/22/07):

my_room.jpg

(from left to right)

-- Devil May Cry Dante Figure
-- Rachael Ninja Gaiden Poster
-- Loco Roco Stickers (scattered in pic)
-- Virtua Fighter 5 poster (random on what you get... either Akira or El Blaze)
-- Time Crisis 4 Poster (you choose between the one shown and another poster design)
-- Namaikida Figure (fucking awesome game, downoad the PSP demo!!! you choose between a dragon, villian, or hero)
-- Anime Singing PC Software Poster (????)
-- Tekken Heihachi Head Trophie
-- Ninja Gaiden Ryu Hyabusa Poster

__Not Pictured Free Items__
-- PS3 Console (get it on 12/24/07 news day; choice of black or white PS3)

everything else was already with the game or was bought using the points in the game.

also, there are more items then this, but you sometimes have only one chance to answer questions correctly to get them.

So what is this and the point of this thread? Well, if you have a Japanese account you can download this free news reader. Unlike ordinary internet news readers this one stars a lovable cast of animals that read you the news every single day of the year. You can then also, depending on what you read, get free items or gifts alongside points to buy more gifts and items to deck out your home. Proof of this is that I have a devil may cry toy alongside some snazzy loco roco stickers and a nice tissue box. Here we will also discuss whatever the cats are talking about, new free items, and updates.

(note, this will be further edited by the end of today)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it (obviously) mainly because of the free items and always knowing that there are news stories that arent boring most of the time. I like the fact that you get to see alot of stuff with pics and items rather than just the news being read, even though I have no idea what they are saying.

Just keep hitting X and if you get a good news story usually there's pictures so you can know what they are talking about. Some recent one had an anime girl singing to the cats over and over again.

I tried to get this thing to work before when I first got my Japanese account set-up, but couldn't figure it out. I'll have to try again with the info here.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I tried to get this thing to work before when I first got my Japanese account set-up, but couldn't figure it out. I'll have to try again with the info here.[/QUOTE]

if you or anyone has questions, feel free to ask here. I did all of the above through learning and time with the thing.

How do you create a japanese acccount? I tried the tutorial linked, but one of the screens would not let me past it.

I used the info and same exact website to setup mine. just fuck around with it. it´s not like it´s all official info for a real person, you´re just making it for the PSN Japanese Store to download this.

OK cool thanks I got a JPN account registered, and managed to get in the JPN version of Playstation store.. but the tutorial doesnt show where you go in the store to download it.. So where do i go from here? :)

OK I think i found it.. it had a picture of both the blank and white cats on the cover. And i clicked on it it looks like the price was "free" downloiading now.. I hope this is it, it's 113 MB. :)
What's the other program in that same category? It looks like an expansion pack of some sort?

Also while I'm in the JPN store, are there any other free/demos/stuff I can grab that aren't in the USA store?

[quote name='Sinistar']OK I think i found it.. it had a picture of both the blank and white cats on the cover. And i clicked on it it looks like the price was "free" downloiading now.. I hope this is it, it's 113 MB. :)
What's the other program in that same category? It looks like an expansion pack of some sort?

Also while I'm in the JPN store, are there any other free/demos/stuff I can grab that aren't in the USA store?[/quote]

GT5 prologue was the reason I signed up for a JPN acct.

if anyone wants to know, you can get a free tekken trophie for your room if you read a recent news from sometime around 11/23 or 11/24... forget where... it's pretty sweet, especially since I'm a tekken fan.

OK I finally got this working.. but I don't know what to do lol..
Can I have it set to read english RSS feeds or is it only ones in the program?

[quote name='Sinistar']OK I finally got this working.. but I don't know what to do lol..
Can I have it set to read english RSS feeds or is it only ones in the program?[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried it, but yeah, I think it can work.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I haven't tried it, but yeah, I think it can work.[/quote]

OK, if you get it working please post here how you did it. :)

Yeah, I downloaded this and let it load up whatever the red bar meant and now it stays at a screen with a box of text and a clock in the bottom right corner of the screen.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, I downloaded this and let it load up whatever the red bar meant and now it stays at a screen with a box of text and a clock in the bottom right corner of the screen.[/QUOTE]

if you read my instructions I (probably not clearly) stated how to fix this...

just go to you date and time settings.. change the time or date... dosn't matter.

then just change it back to the normal time.

run the game and it'll start.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What can I use these points I'm getting on?

Edit: I figured it out.[/QUOTE]

yeah, about 70% of this thing is mostly just fooling around with the menus. the nice thing is that it's entirely impossible to fuck anything up in this game/thing.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Can you only get points on the newer news bits? I looked at some of the stuff in the archives and didn't get any points.[/QUOTE]

all older stuff you can get points on. Only sometimes there are special reports where you get no points at all. The nicest thing is when you get items just for reading the news... so far the special stuff I've gotten:

- Devil May Cry 4 Figure
- Tekken DR Trophy
- Ninja Gaiden Ryu Poster
- Ninja Gaiden Rachel Poster
- Random Anime Poster
- Loco Roco Wall Stickers
- Isso Wall Flag

and that's all I can remember...

If you want to be able to translate some of the things you can use this chart for the hiragana and katakana:

http://www.saiga-jp.com/img/character/japanese_language/hiragana_katakana_list.gif

In the case of katakana, you'll find a lot of english words just written using japanese characters (which is generally good for menus). They are also used for exclamations, names, and sound words like "don."

example: メインメーニュ would look like "mein mennyu" in romaji which if you say it quick enough comes out to "main menu." Hiragana will not translate into english words as that's not it's use so don't try that one.

The kanji is a lot harder and your going to need a book that separates them into number of strokes if you ever wish to find out what it is.

You can use this site also to give you a helping hand in translating http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wwwjdic.html

here's a shitty pic finally of my room:

my_room.jpg

I'm adding it to the OP.

it gives you an idea of what alot of the free items you can get.

from left to right of free items (don't know dates of when they are free... sorry >_

Update:

Check news (12/24/07) today for an awesome free item: your choice of a black or white PS3 (pictured below):

ps3__added.jpg

the first choice when shown the PS3s is the black one with the second choice being the white one. have fun!

Ah! that " Anime Singing PC Software Poster (????)" as you put it is for Vocaloid, a speech synth tuned for J-pop songs. The character is Hatsune Miku, and her voice data is provided by Saki Fujita. There is supposed to be another character release soon, so maybe another item?

Anyway just YouTube Vocaloid and you'll come up with a bunch of stuff folks have done.

Rolento, I still can't figure out how you get all that stuff added to your room.. Like I just read the news for 12/24 and then I think i won a white PS3, but it didnt get added to my room..

[quote name='Sinistar']Rolento, I still can't figure out how you get all that stuff added to your room.. Like I just read the news for 12/24 and then I think i won a white PS3, but it didnt get added to my room..[/QUOTE]

go to the option of the first suitcase... from there, choose the first option in the new menu. Click on the items that come up and ou can put them wherever yu want in your room :)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']go to the option of the first suitcase... from there, choose the first option in the new menu. Click on the items that come up and ou can put them wherever yu want in your room :)[/quote]
OK thanks, got it working.. although I got in some camera mode where I can pan up and down.. but I can't get out of it.. it won't let me push circle button to escape like the prompt says on the bottom... oddd.. the only way I can get out of by the PS button..

Oh I also noticed you can press SELECT to take a picture. Where does it save the pix?

[quote name='Sinistar']OK thanks, got it working.. although I got in some camera mode where I can pan up and down.. but I can't get out of it.. it won't let me push circle button to escape like the prompt says on the bottom... oddd.. the only way I can get out of by the PS button..

Oh I also noticed you can press SELECT to take a picture. Where does it save the pix?[/QUOTE]

that room thing where you get stuck... I have the same problem and have yet to figure out how to get out...

the pictures save into you PS3 HDD and will be under the pictures section in the XMB.

LOL thanks.. I was just about to edit my post to say I found where the pix were, I just checked there after I restarted my PS3.

Is there a way to make the "virtual" PS3 stand vertical? I see L1 and R1 rotates, but no option to set horizontal or vert.

Rolento, a couple of other things I messed around with, I have no ideas what they are:

from Main menu
3rd item down (cat body) > Tree item
It takes to a backyard at night, then the 4th item down on that menu is some sneaking game I think, no idea what to do, and the other menus don't select anything else.. Maybe I have to unlock items?

The "Buddy" icon from the main menu.
In that mode he goes into a room and the last option is to see your PSN firends list, but what do the other 4 selections do from that menu?

Also do you know what all the settings are in the options menus?

Is there any way to get points other than reading stories? It seems all the archived stories don't give any points and...well...THERE'S A LOT OF CRAP I WANNA BUY!!!

Any help is much appreciated.

There's some kind of free wallscroll given out today. Looks real nice on my door.

edit: I'm at the point where I'm almost willing to shell out two bucks and buy a couple more sets of shelves to house all my crap.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Is there any way to get points other than reading stories? It seems all the archived stories don't give any points and...well...THERE'S A LOT OF CRAP I WANNA BUY!!!

Any help is much appreciated.[/quote]
You just have to keep up with the newest news stories, or at least just check the few oldest items if you're not going to check everyday.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You just have to keep up with the newest news stories, or at least just check the few oldest items if you're not going to check everyday.[/quote]

Aye, that's what I did but I just signed up for this so I missed a year's worth of points. I would have really like a set of all the character dioramas but it will be a long time until I can afford those so I think I'm going to just get a clock for now...or just wait.

I really like this toy and it give me a good reason to practice characters every day.

bread's done
Back