Good co-op games for the Wii??

BrerDan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi all!

So my boyfriend and I have been playing WAAAAY too much Lego Star Wars II because it's a fun co-op game that we can play together. I've tried looking for other co-op games, but it's really hard to tell from the packaging or reviews. Usually multiplayer ends up referring to online--which is not what I am looking for. I'm looking for games that we can play together sitting in the same room.

I also would like games in which we both are basically playing on equal footing, not where the second person is just a "helper" as is the case in Zack and Wiki or Super Mario Galaxy.

I'm still unsure on Resident Evil 4 Wii (I think it's only 1 person, but not sure).

Bottom line, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm mainly looking for Wii (or 360 games).

Thanks much!!

Mario Strikers Charged (Up to 4 Players Offline, or 2 Players Online)
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Great Co-Op)
MLB Power Pros (Baseball Game, 2 Players; 1v1).

Pretty much the only ones I know..

Coming out this week is Trauma Center: New Blood.

According to the IGN review that is already up it's got a pretty good co-op mode.

"Also included this time around is an impressive co-op mode, which absolutely makes the experience as far as we're concerned. Two players can grab a pair of controllers, and work with full co-op on any mission or challenge in the game. It'll take a ton of coordination and speed to rank highly in this mode, and it really improves the overall entertainment value of New Blood."

Full review - http://wii.ign.com/articles/835/835977p2.html

Also, Mario Galaxy has a cool feature that allows a second player to join in and assist player 1. There's a whole thread about it here - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159584

I clicked on the thread just to suggest lego star wars, but if thats taken, then how about you check out CAGs front page? if your interested in Mass Effect, wombat and cheapy have just posted a video of them playing in co-op

hope that helps.

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance is a great co-op game but is unfortunately for the Gamecube not the Wii ... well at least it's compatible!

Lego Star Wars is a good one as mentioned above.

Looks like I'm in for Trauma Center and RE Umbrella Chronicles! Now I hope my TRU has them in stock today.

What I can't figure out is whether Medal of Honor Heroes 2 has co-op or just online multiplayer. That makes a big difference for me....if it does, I'll get that, but if it doesn't it looks like I'm stuck with Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games for my third choice.

[quote name='pittpizza']CO-OP RE4 would be really awesome.[/QUOTE]

Super Mario Galaxy allows a second player to pick up items around the screen while the first player is doing all the fun stuff.

Thanks for the info!

I'm a little disappointed (I'm not a huge shooter fan) as it seemed like it would be a lot of fun to play co-op with someone.

A lot of the other suggestions seem good for my needs though.

Thanks all

Dan

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Heroes is only 1 player online. It's a good game though. A+ on Replay Value.[/QUOTE]

Ok so this thread is a week or so old.. meh :)

Me & my BF go through the same problem. There really never seem to be any co-op games these days! Resident Evil: UC is pretty fun in Co-op.. Have you gotten it yet?! If you haven't, go check out my review on it in the review forum here. (I am way too lazy to go link it.. lol) You will see that I praise it, but there's a few things about the co-op mode that make me wanna break the game.

We just got Trauma Center New Blood yesterday. Now THAT'S an amazing co-op play. It is a PERFECT example of co-op. Seriously. You said you were going to pick it up at TRU, well did you? :)

WARNING: You WILL end up in a few fist fights in co-op Trauma Center. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! DRAIN THE BLOOD!! DRAIN THE fuckIN BLOOD!!!!!" ...:lol:

Mario Strikers Charged, NBA Live 08, Madden 08, FIFA 08, Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution, and pretty much all fighting and sports games are 2 players

Super Mario Galaxy is 2 players as well, but i don't its that fun for the 2nd player, but you can try it out

I love the last warning! My bf and I have already gotten into those arguments with Lego Star Wars! :)

So, I picked up RE Umbrella Chronicles and we played that one night....until we got stuck at a point where we both had to run--for some reason we could not get through that. We haven't picked it up since....but I'm sure we will at some point. It's fun, but is somewhat repetitive. We both like the puzzle solving sometimes in Lego Star Wars.

I've also picked up Gears of War (through a trade) and Halo 3 (neither of us have played 1 or 2, but I couldn't resist the deal here on CAG for the set with the helmet for $59.99--I figure we'll watch the DVD with the cutscenes from 1 and 2 to get up to speed).

I haven't picked up Trauma Center yet....my wallet's hurting--but I might ask for that for Christmas :)

Thanks again for the suggestions!

[quote name='lilboo']Ok so this thread is a week or so old.. meh :)

Me & my BF go through the same problem. There really never seem to be any co-op games these days! Resident Evil: UC is pretty fun in Co-op.. Have you gotten it yet?! If you haven't, go check out my review on it in the review forum here. (I am way too lazy to go link it.. lol) You will see that I praise it, but there's a few things about the co-op mode that make me wanna break the game.

We just got Trauma Center New Blood yesterday. Now THAT'S an amazing co-op play. It is a PERFECT example of co-op. Seriously. You said you were going to pick it up at TRU, well did you? :)

WARNING: You WILL end up in a few fist fights in co-op Trauma Center. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! DRAIN THE BLOOD!! DRAIN THE fuckIN BLOOD!!!!!" ...:lol:[/QUOTE]

This is sort of on topic for this thread so I'll ask it here. I just picked up Ghost Squad which is Co-op for every level and I heard that RE Umb. Chronicles has only about half of the missions avialable for co-op. Is this true? Which has better co-op? Which has better single player? thanks in advance for your opinions.

bump - I'm looking for the same type of thing - co-op games. Any new suggestions over these? I see this is a month old... thoughts?

Some have already been mentioned, some have not...

- Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
- Ghost Squad
- Truama Center: New Blood
- Spider-Man: Friend or Foe
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- Batallion Wars II

The best Wii co-op I've personally played to date is Trauma Center: New Blood. I also found Spider-Man: Friend or Foe to be a pleasant surprise. On the flip side, I had hopes for Alien Syndrome, but the game's camera is so bad that the co-op is nigh impossible to play.

If you want a real ordeal, go back and get the GameCube's Tales of Symphonia. It's got co-op... 60 hours worth of co-op.... :)

Yeah I played Ghost Squad for an entire mission with my fiance. She said it was "okay" yet she still constantly asked "how much longer, how much more is there?"

How fucking frustrating is it that I purposefully buy casual gamer games to try to get her to play (wii play and ghost squad) and she simply won't. she doesnt like shooting games or violent games. Any good co-op suggestions?? Rabbids any good? I played mario party and meh...

[quote name='pittpizza']Yeah I played Ghost Squad for an entire mission with my fiance. She said it was "okay" yet she still constantly asked "how much longer, how much more is there?"

How fucking frustrating is it that I purposefully buy casual gamer games to try to get her to play (wii play and ghost squad) and she simply won't. she doesnt like shooting games or violent games. Any good co-op suggestions?? Rabbids any good? I played mario party and meh...[/QUOTE]

Trauma Center New Blood is an amazing co-op game. It's kinda hit or miss with people. There have been some people who have their NON gamer friend/girlfriend play with them and enjoy it.. so.. ::shrugs:: Maybe rent that?

So you can use a second controller in Mario Galaxy to just aim and pick up the star bits and what not? That's kind of cool. May try that.

What is the 2 player in Fire Emblem like and why did one of you not recommend it?

um pittpizza I really dug RE umbrella chronicles, but I would do a rental. The game is so much fun for about twenty hours but the parts that I could not get to(to see the Real ending) were too hard and were the single player missions. It is pretty fun shouting at your friend to toss grenades or dont grab the herb yet! I got Trauma Center New Blood for Christmas and I have the opposite opinion of the female CAG above. My best friend and I had a blast for the first few missions but then the game just gets ridiculously hard. I'm pretty good at games but that one kicks my ass. I would just wait for Super smash bros.

Thanks for the suggestions Lilboo Dingo and ZL.

ZL I tried (pretty hard actually) to get her to play Galaxy, both by herself and co-cop with me. I made her a deal the night I got it: I said "You sit here and play (tutorial stuff like catching the rabbits in the beginning) and I will cook you dinner and do the dishes." It worked, she played and enjoyed it for a little while (it was funny watchign her turn her head sideways to get oriented in galaxy, I did it too lol) but then never picked it up again. Probably twice I bugged her to play co-op while I was moving through the game and she got bored quickly (there really isn't a whole lot for 2p to do).

She would NEVER play umb chronicls b/c she doesnt like scarry or violent or fighting and shooting games (Doesnt leave much does it???) THough I really want ot get that game with the Nyko.

Do you guys/gals know if UC has a set up for teh Nyko or is it just the two setups for the Zapper and Wii/nunchuk?

Trauma center may work, though I've heard complaints about the difficulty of New Blood before, is Second Opinion co-op?

Was it you liboo who said it can get crazy to play "Drain the Blood DAMN YOU!!! DRAIN THE fuckING BLOOD!!!"""

bread's done
Back