how to shrink wrap a game

LilPaintballer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
70 (100%)
i am not sure if this is off topic, if so please excuse my stupidity. I have a few games that bought "new" but were gutted and i cant give an opened gift. instead of dealing witht his select company i decided i will just shrink wrap the game which i have seen done to game accessories at this select store. any idea how to get the game shrink wrap according to what i saw all u need it a hair dryer and cling wrap

If you bring the games back to the store you got them from, they should wrap em for you no problem. Most Gamestops have a shrinkwrap machine and a heatgun.

Yes,Gamestop sold me my preordered copy of 50 Cent Bulletproof "opened" and I didn't really care before.I told him why it was open he said to try it out and I told him to shrinkwrap it.He gave me that "fucker" face and went to shrinkwrap it.It was pretty funny.I later returned it and I kept the shirt and rebought it later on when it was cheaper.

[quote name='snakelda']Yes,Gamestop sold me my preordered copy of 50 Cent Bulletproof "opened" and I didn't really care before.I told him why it was open he said to try it out and I told him to shrinkwrap it.He gave me that "fucker" face and went to shrinkwrap it.It was pretty funny.I later returned it and I kept the shirt and rebought it later on when it was cheaper.[/quote]

Why would anyone who actually got rid of 50c:Bulletproof actually rebuy it? You some kinda masochist?

[quote name='snakelda']Gamestop sold me my preordered copy of 50 Cent Bulletproof [/quote]

Whoa. What the fuck did you do to piss them off?

I saw a bastard on eBay who sold a lot of used games buy a shrinkwrapping machine. I'm going to guess that soon he'll be selling a lot of "factory sealed new" games.

if your gamestop won't do it, I'm sure blockbuster will. atleast mine does.

and reference to the 50 cent bulletproof post, why in the world would you own that game in the first place?

[quote name='Run4Fun']I saw a bastard on eBay who sold a lot of used games buy a shrinkwrapping machine. I'm going to guess that soon he'll be selling a lot of "factory sealed new" games.[/quote]

Which guy is that? I'm pretty pissed because I just bought a "NEW" FF:CC game which was obviously re-shrinked. There are even stickers on the case under the shrink! Definitely NOT the same as the pic with the folded original shrinkwrap. Still waiting to hear back, but I am not happy because this is going to be a gift.

When I worked at Blockbuster we had a shrink wrapping machine and from what I seen from the machine all it is is cling wrap and heat.

If I were gonna try it myself (which I have not) then I would wrap the game in cling wrap, hold a lighter to the open edges w/o touching the wrap, just close enough for it to stick together w/o turning black and then the hair dryer thing we had just made it stick to the box.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']cant i do this myslef?? using hairdryer? lol any tips[/quote]
you cant use a hairdryer, it will ruin the case since the plastic wont shrink fast enough. the HD isn't hot enough for the job. you'll end up focusing on the same area and will likely to create a hole on your cellophane. i used to sell cdrs on ebay and i would used a shrink wrap machine.

what you need is a heat gun set on low. it will do the trick but be careful, it could burn your skin! and dont set it too close to the case or it will overshrink it.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']cant i do this myslef?? using hairdryer? lol any tips[/QUOTE]

First off its not saran wrap, you need special shrink wrap material. Secondly you need to seal the ends of it, also its not going to be right on the first try. You will have to do a few tries or more to get what ratio of the wrap will shrink.

Ideally you will seal the shrink wrap with about 20% left over, so when heated it will shrink tight to the game.

Lastly a hair dryer probably would cut it, commercial machines have a much hotter blower though.

Its not as easy as you think, and it probably wont pass at your local Walmart if thats the intent.

Get some saran wrap, wrap your game, and throw it in your dryer. The dryer will shrink the seran wrap and... I forget the rest. But I'm sure it's a good idea.

Protip: throw in a dryer sheet and the recipient of the game will think, "Wow! This is the best smelling present I ever got," assuming nobody gave him dryer sheets as a present.

[quote name='snakelda']I have no fucken clue why I wanted that game.It was fucken horrible.I guess I was curious how it would turn out.[/quote]

Do you have no shame?! ;)

bread's done
Back