bestbuy has halo2 in stock

nba4life2k

CAGiversary!
I work there and I saw them yesterday... they are cool... if you ask someone to get you one from the back im sure u could try and do it... i just wanted to let people know that im sure a dumb employee would get it for you

Now i'm starting to regret preordering from EB :( I keep hearing about more and more stores selling this early. Thanks for the heads up OP

That isn't likely to happen...MS made the big chains all sign contracts with severe penalties for any chain selling the game now and breaking the street release.

However, Meijer stores, and at least one Wal-Mart in Canada don't seem to have many quams about this and have been selling Halo2 since the beginning of the week.

:roll:

[quote name='-^Cro§Bow^-']That isn't likely to happen...MS made the big chains all sign contracts with severe penalties for any chain selling the game now and breaking the street release.

However, Meijer stores, and at least one Wal-Mart in Canada don't seem to have many quams about this and have been selling Halo2 since the beginning of the week.

:roll:[/quote]

Those people that got it are so lucky...

It's funny that all these street dates are broken. Taking the retail test, evrery other question was a reminder that "Thou shalt not sell Halo 2 before November 9th!"

My local record shop breaks street date as soon as they get it. CD's DVD's Games, you name it, they dont give a fuck

Some pics of proof from GameFAQS:

Picture34.jpg

Picture39.jpg

We will all have it soon anyways so I am still enjoying the games I have now....I have over 370 XBOX games, 128 Gamecube games, and 280 PS2 games so I can surely wait a few more days for the real release day. Plus he has the "regular" edition and I am getting the badass Limited Edtion Halo 2 in the armor plated case....HA!

Very few places have actually broken street date, especially when compared to the sheer number of places that are selling the game. Also, I don't really believe that picture A) mostly because it's from gamefaqs B) he could've just taken the pic in the backroom of his work C) he could've just stolen it, which to me is not really getting the game early (not legally anyhow).

[quote name='Goodtone']He is the coolest...He got Halo2 first[/quote]

no, he's the coolest because he tries so hard to look tough.

what a tool.

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='Goodtone']He is the coolest...He got Halo2 first[/quote]

no, he's the coolest because he tries so hard to look tough.

what a tool.[/quote]

Agreed.

yes, he is a tool for all the above reasons...but perhaps mostly for still having the plastic on the box....i'm not sure about you guys but if i had halo 2 i think i'd have that sucker ripped open and playing it...not bragging on gamefaqs....but hey, that's just me

[quote name='TonyC']Why is erryone hating on this cat? What did he do to you? Let's be nice up in hurr.[/quote]

mostly, i'm just playin'. i mean, i tend to dislike people who dress like that; but that's mainly because of the music taste and attitude that usually goes with that look.

...and he needs to open and play that damn thing....

[quote name='yeldarb367']Do they all have that 'Do Not Sell before 11/9/04' sticker?[/quote]

yes all of them... even the LE ones

yea it was cool... I was holding the stores supply of le ones... must have been about 40 and the le cases are definitely worth the extra 5 bucks.. they are awesome

I'm sure some people can try to push their luck on a Best Buy employee, or Circuit City (since CC employees, you can just ask, and in the process, print out a picture of somebody holding Halo 2, ask if they have Halo 2 in store, and they'll hopefully they go to backroom, then perhaps miss the street release date sticker on the game, and head down to a cashier kiosk, and do it there for you instead of going to a cashier in a cash register desk.. good luck. :wink:

[quote name='TonyC']Why is erryone hating on this cat? What did he do to you? Let's be nice up in hurr.[/quote]

You have now lost your right to speak.

[quote name='dustyeff']You guys are harsh on that dude. He's just some kid that got Halo 2 a week before you; let it go.[/quote]

Same, goes for you.... LOL, I don't care about the halo 2, the thing is that he thinks he is tough...

How can you tell what the hell he thinks he is by a picture? Get over stereotyping people, jeez.

Anyways, pretty stupid to take a picture of yourself with Halo 2 before it comes out. I don't really mind, I have it preordered. I'll get it when I get it.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Very few places have actually broken street date, especially when compared to the sheer number of places that are selling the game. Also, I don't really believe that picture A) mostly because it's from gamefaqs B) he could've just taken the pic in the backroom of his work C) he could've just stolen it, which to me is not really getting the game early (not legally anyhow).[/quote]

A) Okay...
B) I wish the bathroom at the place I work had curtains. :(
C) Wow, that's quite an assumption. Stolen? Could be, but do you really doubt the probability of dumb Best Buy employees? ;)

[quote name='Zingela'][quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Very few places have actually broken street date, especially when compared to the sheer number of places that are selling the game. Also, I don't really believe that picture A) mostly because it's from gamefaqs B) he could've just taken the pic in the backroom of his work C) he could've just stolen it, which to me is not really getting the game early (not legally anyhow).[/quote]

A) Okay...
C) Wow, that's quite an assumption. Stolen? Could be, but do you really doubt the probability of dumb Best Buy employees? ;)[/quote]

Word.

It's obvious the guy is in his bedroom since you can see his closet behind him. Anyways get over it.

[quote name='nba4life2k'][quote name='yeldarb367']Do they all have that 'Do Not Sell before 11/9/04' sticker?[/quote]

yes all of them... even the LE ones[/quote]

thats asking to get sold early....

Why does MS care if the game is sold a little bit early? I don't understand it. As long as the game is selling they should be happy.

[quote name='OGHowie'][quote name='Zingela'][quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Very few places have actually broken street date, especially when compared to the sheer number of places that are selling the game. Also, I don't really believe that picture A) mostly because it's from gamefaqs B) he could've just taken the pic in the backroom of his work C) he could've just stolen it, which to me is not really getting the game early (not legally anyhow).[/quote]

A) Okay...
C) Wow, that's quite an assumption. Stolen? Could be, but do you really doubt the probability of dumb Best Buy employees? ;)[/quote]

Word.

It's obvious the guy is in his bedroom since you can see his closet behind him. Anyways get over it.[/quote]

Ah, that's a closet? Oh, I see it now. Damn, I need new glasses. :(

[quote name='centraldogmae']Oh thats a closet....I thought it was a Dark Wizard Galion (Lunar) outfit[/quote]
Ha. Not closet, dear Quark... MAGIC EMPEROR CL--*bricked*
;P

You guys are too busy talking about that dude- You forgotten what we should really be talking about.

We should be naming stores and specifically locations!!!!!

[quote name='Scorch']How can you tell what the hell he thinks he is by a picture? Get over stereotyping people, jeez.

Anyways, pretty stupid to take a picture of yourself with Halo 2 before it comes out. I don't really mind, I have it preordered. I'll get it when I get it.[/quote]

oh, christ. can't somebody joke around?!?! i'll rephrase and clarify my comments about the dude in the pic for you sensitive types:

"that guy looks like he is trying desperately to appear tough."

here's the math:
crusty white guy + rag on head + sideways hat + goatee + hoody + piercings on face + limp bizkit cds + bragging with a webcam photo about having HALO 2 early = DOUCHEBAG.

sorry. needed to be said.

[quote name='Xevious']You guys are too busy talking about that dude- You forgotten what we should really be talking about.

We should be naming stores and specifically locations!!!!![/quote]

true enough.

i think almost all major retail places have it by now. we have over 400 copies in the back room at GS. we also have over 400 reserves and still getting more. all the GS' in my district have them already, but we can't sell them or put them out on display.

I preordered from overstock.com awhile ago and today i got an email saying it was shipped. Might not get here before midnight tuesday when everyone else is getting theirs, but I'm just glad I'll be getting it sooner than I thought. Anyone else order from overstock that was shipped today or sooner?

The rumor on Slashdot is that Meijer has broke the Street date on Halo 2. Anyone confirm this? I was just there today but, I did not go check out the video games. :(

[quote name='Indiana']The rumor on Slashdot is that Meijer has broke the Street date on Halo 2. Anyone confirm this? I was just there today but, I did not go check out the video games. :([/quote]

It is discussed in another thread and an ign article.

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='alfonsosoriano']BTW...that ain't me...[/quote]

good. that guy looks like a jerk-off.[/quote]

Those were my thoughts.

I called my local Meijer and when I asked for electronics, she already knew I was going to ask about Halo 2, and she said that it is going to be released on Nov 9th...

bread's done
Back