does this sticker look tampered with?

i wouldn't say its tampered with just because it's not a hundred precent straight. if there any creases in the sticker, then i'd say it was.

[quote name='triforcer']i wouldn't say its tampered with just because it's not a hundred precent straight. if there any creases in the sticker, then i'd say it was.[/quote]

I'd say don't risk getting it anyway. Odds are it's broken AND you have no warranty.

~HotShotX

Looks very suspicious to say the least. triforcer brings up a good point about creases, but with all the splots of discoloration I can't help but think they tried to take it off with heat or some kind of chemical.

might as well find out why it was opened. If they did the x clamp trick it is probably better than a MS warranty.

Tough to say really, I just popped off the faceplate on mine and mine looked somewhat similar... Mine was just purchased brand new on Saturday.

yea, i pulled one off and the silver came off just like that one.

if you call xbox - 1800 4my xbox they can look up the history of the xbox - if any.

you can get it serviced for around $100 at esales.com

Wait, if you peel that stick off, it voids your warranty? That's crap. It doesn't say so on the sticker, or anywhere else, so I peeled it off after being curious as to what it was. I hope MS still decides to fix my FOURTH broken 360.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Wait, if you peel that stick off, it voids your warranty? That's crap. It doesn't say so on the sticker, or anywhere else, so I peeled it off after being curious as to what it was. I hope MS still decides to fix my FOURTH broken 360.[/quote]
i think it will cost you money know to get it fixed or if you can somehow explain to them that you were curious and dident know that it would void your warranty.

btw what does MS do if they see that the sticker is messed up? do they contact you or how does that work? do they just assume that your were attemping to modify your box and not give you a chance to explain why the stick looks messed up or what happened. does the warrenty cover accidental stuff like for example if fell from off a table or something. that dident happen to me im just saying if did im trying to figure out if indeed it is voided that i could find a lopool in the system to get it fixed.

topic moved WHY?

Yeah, that definitely looks tampered with.

You should see if it plays burned games.

MS will notify you when you send it in for repairs that they won't fix it since the warranty has been voided. I'm not sure if they charge you for shipping back, but I would assume so.

But, my friend opened his, put it back on (it looks like how yours does) and they still fixed it, so I wouldn't worry.

I'm guessing most of the time they aren't too worried about the sticker, as long as it's there.

Yup, it just depends on how well and who will inspect it. You might get someone who takes it as being tampered with and void the warranty, or maybe someone who thinks it's just a little worn...

Either way, some friend you have there. I'd personally get my money back and go and buy a new one. How much did you pay for this 360?

It does look like it's worn, but it doesn't look like it was tampered with imo. I know the ones on the back of PS2 systems say VOID on them when you remove them, since I've taken it upon myself to clean/repair quite a few systems over the years.

Thing is, you need to know if your friend modified the system in any way before you go any further. If they did, you may even be barred from XBL due to the mod. It definitely pays to ask questions.

If your friend tells you it's never been modded or anything and you need MS to fix a possible RROD problem before the 3 year warranty is up, do NOT mention how the sticker looks. I know that I bought a PS2 once from a local shop, which had a broken seal and I mentioned it during the call to their 800 #. The CSR hung right up on me. So, since then, even if something looks like it may have been messed with, don't mention it even if asked.

bread's done
Back