Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - General Discussion & Info

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)

Features

Return to Sin City in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas 2, the sequel to IGN.com's 2006 shooter of the year. This time, the stakes have been raised. It's your chance to rescue America's wildest city from an escalating terrorist siege. With massively expanded multiplayer, new seamless co-op, and customizable character creation, you have the tools to put an end to the terorist threat for good.

• It's Vegas, baby: Sin City is back and bigger than ever before. Explore new areas and the challenges that come with daylight battles, as the game takes place from dawn to dusk.
  • New features: All new gameplay features include 11 new weapons, sprinting capability, bullets penetrating through thin cover, and smarter teammates and A.I.
  • Complete customization: Customizable character creation (including gender, facial features, hair, face paint, body armor, clothing, and camouflage) is compatible with the Xbox LIVE® Vision camera. Look your best.
  • Cross-mode customization: Your customized character carries over across all game modes—from single player to multiplayer to co-op—as well as all unlockables and achievements. Reap the benefits of your single player play in multiplayer and vice versa.
  • Seamless co-op: A state of the art co-op mode features a jump in, jump out option which allows a friend to join you in your single player campaign at any time. When he leaves, continue on from that same point.
  • More multiplayer: Massively expanded multiplayer includes two new adversarial modes, smaller maps for more intense face-offs, an improved terrorist hunt mode, a new online matchmaking engine, and vastly improved graphics.
November 20, 2007 - Ubisoft Montreal announced today that it is developing Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, a sequel to the Sin City-based tactical shooter released in 2006.

The game, which Ubisoft said is planned for "next-generation consoles and PC," is scheduled for release in March 2008 to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the Rainbow Six gaming franchise.

In an announcement today, Ubisoft didn't reveal much about the upcoming game but promised improved graphics, new gameplay features and new Vegas settings. The tactical solo campaign will return, and the sequel will build on its predecessor's popular multiplayer modes.

Co-op and adversarial multiplayer will return, and Vegas 2 will provide "unprecedented interaction between the solo and multiplayer modes," Ubisoft said.

"Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas took the gaming world by storm in 2006 thanks to its technological advances and gameplay innovations," said Yves Guillemot, president and chief executive officer at Ubisoft. "We are convinced that Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will remain a pioneer in the highly competitive first person shooter genre, bringing more of what Rainbow Six fans love to the table."

[quote name='Mojimbo']Achievements are up.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/achievements.php?gameID=504[/QUOTE]

Latest News
4.22.08 Upcoming patch notes
[quote name='kromekoran']I read that a title update is out that fixes the PFC achievement glitch. it also fixes the terrorist infinite respawn XP glitch.

via Xbox360Fanboy:
  • Weapon Switch: Swapping to & from Pistols are now faster in Multiplayer.
  • Sound Loops: Optimized sound bank to improve weapon firing and helicopter sound clips that loop over and over.
  • Pings: Servers now update their pings more often so that players have a more accurate value of server performance.
  • Team Leader Respawn Modification: Spawn Shield is shorter when respawning with the Leader.
  • XP Modifiers: When there are more people on a team than the other, there is an overall XP modifier applied to all XP gained during the game.
  • Outfitting: By pressing the start button, players now have access to the outfitting menu in observer mode.
  • Team Deathmatch Respawn Modification: Respawning in Team Deathmatch now work like regular Deathmatch (random points throughout the map) which intensifies gameplay and minimizes spawn camping/trapping.
  • Faster Respawns: Faster respawns for Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch. You no longer have to wait a full 10 seconds!
  • Custom Search: Players who enter a room using custom search then exit will be brought back to an automatic search with the same criteria.
  • Fixes
  • Rank Reset Glitch: Fixed. Players will be able to use their Xbox guide during the game loading without risk of losing their rank.
  • Private First Class - Achievement: If you are ranked Private First Class or above, you will automatically get the achievement after the title update is complete and you load your gamer profile.
  • Freedom Shall Prevail - Achievement: If you've passed all checkpoints on Story Mode on Realistic and finished the game, you will automatically get the achievement after the title update is complete and you load your gamer profile.
  • That Wasn't So Hard - Ribbon: Your ribbon now unlocks when you get the achievement.
  • Light Machinegun Sound Glitch: When firing continuously with any light machinegun, the sound of the weapon will no longer get cut off.
  • Civilians & Hostages on Tactical Map: No longer are displayed as terrorists.
  • Shield Teleport Glitch: Players can no longer teleport when trying to take cover with a shield.
  • Out of Map Glitch: Players can no longer cover-peek into each other to raise a team mate above their heads that allows them to walk into areas outside the designated map.
  • Friend Invite in Ranked Matches: Inviting friends in Ranked Matches now work correctly.
  • Custom Face: Previously, Custom faces were sometimes copied over to another player's face. This is no longer the case. Custom faces will display the proper faces.
  • Radar Jammer: Radar Jammer now work for clients, not just hosts.
  • XP Farming: That one famous area in ACT 1 "Ambush" will no longer allow XP Farming.
  • Observer Mode: Players will no longer be stuck in the respawn screen at 0 seconds while in observer mode.
  • Weapon Restriction: The weapon restriction configuration is no longer kept in Terrorist Hunt, Story and Co-op Story.
  • Custom Camo 3 Save: The colour and pattern of Custom Camo 3 now saves correctly.
[/QUOTE]
3.17.08 Free Gun Code + Comcast/MLG Map Code
[quote name='Scorch']GameCrazy is handing out codes with a preorder of this. Fortunately for you guys, it's one generic code. Here you go. This is for a TAR-21 Assault Rifle

(Hold RB) Down Down Up Up X B X B Y Up Up Y -- (Enter this at your character outfitting)[/QUOTE]

Comcast/MLG Map
Step 1: Go to the Main Menu of ‘Rainbow 6: Vegas 2’.
Step 2: Select “Extras”.
Step 3: Select “Comcast Gift”.
Step 4: Enter the code “Comcast Faster” when prompted and enjoy the new multi-player map, ‘Comcast Event’, the next time you play.

Streets Multiplayer Map
Step 1 Go to Main Menu of Vegas 2
Step 2 Select "Extras"
Step 3 Log into your UBI account via menu
Download and play.

Old News:
2.15.08 - http://kotaku.com/357107/rainbow-six-vegas-2-limited-edition-video
Coming March 18th, Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Limited Edition will run you $69.99. This video is the salespitch that hopes to squeeze that extra $10 out of you with some Frag Doll teasing, a poker chip key chain, pro tips and a super over-orchestrated finish.

2.8.08 - http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/850/850587p1.html
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Multiplayer Hands-on: The star of Rainbow Six has always been the multiplayer, and while it's the single-player and co-op that seem to be getting the bulk of the development attention for Vegas 2, don't think that you Xbox Live lovers are getting left out in the cold. Packed under the hood you'll find 13 new maps, some of which were pulled directly from Raven Shield (some are straight copies, others have seen some architectural changes). Not to mention the new abilities, customization options, modes and the newly designed leveling system.
Few multiplayer videos. Thanks drbutchevil. http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/2158/Rainbow-Six-Vegas-2-Multiplayer-Videos/p1

12.21.07 - http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165151
With that in mind, today it's nice to see now that behind those bright lights is game content. Ubisoft sent out a press release today stating that the game is slated for release in March of 2008, predictably enough for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. It claims this is the "last chance" to rescue Vegas, which we can only assume means there won't be a Rainbow Six: Vegas 3 and instead the developers will move on to some other flashy locale. Rainbow Six: Tokyo?

The keyword of the press release is "more." The multiplayer mode will include 13 new maps, new modes and rewards, and a new matchmaking system. Customization options are being enhanced for the title, including the ability to take rewards from single-player into the multiplayer mode and vice-versa. The co-op mode is getting an upgrade by letting players jump in and out at any time, and the maps were designed for co-op mode. Of course, it also promises the staples like improved AI, new weapons, armor, gear, and locations.

Vegas 2 Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avgol8HjRZo

11.28.07- Word has it that this year's Spike TV Video Game Awards, set to air on Dec. 9 at 9 p.m., will feature a cornucopia of new trailers and other goodies.

Among the list is the first footage from the new downloadable content Halo 3 Maps hitting next month, the world premiere of the first trailers for Borderlands and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2. There will also be new trailers for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, TNA iMPACT! and a few other surprises that haven't leaked out yet.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/new-border...2-to-premiere-during-spike-tv-vgas-327737.php

Source:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/836/836746p1.html
http://kotaku.com/gaming/breaking/rainbow-six-vegas-2-announced-325012.php

Screenshots:

Courtesy of Gamersyde.com

I absolutely loved the first one. I thought its cover, pacing, and tactics were all superior to Gears of War. I can barely play FPSs now that don't let you take cover...(Orange Box being the only exception...)

I really, really enjoyed the first iteration but the bugs and the polish in general left much to be desired (one of the annoying things for me in general was the loading screen that you'd often look at before entering a MP game.)

I'll probably still end up buying it though regardless if they had a similar setup though >

For anyone who finished the first this was a no-brainer. Then again, for anyone like me, it's also a no-brainer that this will be a purchase. I'll wait for the typical Ubisoft $40 price drop a month after release though.

[quote name='xeno']never played the first one...maby i should or just wait for the second one....advice?[/QUOTE]
The first one is great, plus it's $40!

Yea, I really enjoyed the first one and played a bunch of MP too. We had a good CAG group playing for a while until 100 different FPS came out this fall. Come to think of it I still need to finish the campaign up on Realistic difficulty.

[quote name='Archaic']I absolutely loved the first one. I thought its cover, pacing, and tactics were all superior to Gears of War. I can barely play FPSs now that don't let you take cover...(Orange Box being the only exception...)[/QUOTE]
[quote name='pop311']The first one was sooooo much better than Gears, so that means that this cheapass will buy it on day one[/QUOTE]

u cant compare GoW to this, they are two different games.
GoW = duck and cover/run and gun
RB6V = tactics/realistic squad based combat

however, i rly enjoyed the 1st one and planing to buy this on release date ;)

[quote name='slickkill77']They need to make this more like Rainbow Six 3. That was one of my favorite shooters on the xbox[/quote]

I spent countless hours playing online with friends in that game. Best online shooter on the xbox.

I've had more fun with R6: V than I think I've had with any game I've ever played. I've been running through co-op T-Hunt since mid-August and loving it. Met some great friends and had tons of laughs on the way becoming an Elite.

Having said that, I'll wait up for some more info before I get too terribly excited. This game walks such a fine line between brilliant and bullshit that I honestly fear a Call of Duty 3-esque let-down. Will be interesting to see how they maintain the balance and keep the experience fresh.

i hope the multiplayer graphics aren't toned down again like in the first. i'll pick this up on the cheap since i playing so many FPS's right now and the shooting is now a bit too slow for me.

Vegas absolutely ruled. Here's hoping Vegas 2 isn't just a cheap knock-off. Especially since it's going to cannibalize the online community on Vegas 1.

[quote name='sasukekun']Trailer sucked, didnt even show gameplay. I put a link to it in the OP incase anyone missed it.[/quote]

agreed, that trailer was a joke. I think the footage you could see in the background was just from a Vegas 1 trailer.

Here's hoping Ubisoft makes the gameplay better and doesn't just upgrade the graphics...

Hopefully, they won't tone down the graphics so much for the multiplayer. It's really crazy how crappy the graphics were in Multi compared to most games using Multiplayer(a la CoD4).

[quote name='hollow2g']I have to sell the first so I can get this. The trailer was garbage.[/quote]
anyone know how much they are going for at eb? Cagwiki's price is a couple months old.

How in the world is this coming out in 3 months when the first trailer we see has no gameplay footage in it at all? My guess this is a Nov. launch just like its predecesor.

[quote name='MSUHitman']How in the world is this coming out in 3 months when the first trailer we see has no gameplay footage in it at all? My guess this is a Nov. launch just like its predecesor.[/quote]

Just because a developer doesn't release gameplay, doesn't mean they can' t be almost done. All they have to do is make the graphics better, remember? It will sell like hotcakes even if their is nothing new in the game.

The game most likely will be the same graphics as the previous RB with new missions and some new multiplayer types and maps. Probably similiar to what they did with Rainbow 6 and Rainbow 6 black arrow, but with a new single player.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']My money is on a delay until June.[/quote]
Hopefully it is before then! I can't wait that long for this game.

[quote name='refusedchaos']u cant compare GoW to this, they are two different games.
GoW = duck and cover/run and gun
RB6V = tactics/realistic squad based combat
[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not, you can compare anything to anything else. If you say I prefer R6V to GoW, you are comparing them on the basis of preference, and it's only too easy to compare their graphics, controls, game play, and realism.

It looks like everyone else agrees with me; that trailer kind of sucked. I hope they make some changes to this one other than new levels or else I might just stick to the first one.

Ugh...this is getting to be like GRAW where they crap out a sequel too quick. Where so little is added that it isn't even worth it. A glorified full MSRP expansion pack.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Ugh...this is getting to be like GRAW where they crap out a sequel too quick. Where so little is added that it isn't even worth it. A glorified full MSRP expansion pack.[/quote]

don't buy it. they probably can't offer what they want to expand on just from live updates. Yes, it is an probably just an expansion but its not like I have the first anymore or even would play it with so many other games I play.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29755.html

New Dev revelations like the original Vegas had. I like them.

*EXP offline(Might mean the grind will be even worse)
*EXP for actions on top of games.
*Using PEC character as main in single player(What happened to the original main?)
*I swear, the character either sprinted or changed weapons after throwing the flashbang.
*Weapon unlocks modified.

Essentially, CoD4 weapons system melded with R6:Vegas gameplay. Hopefully, no prestige junk. Now, if only the single player would be better...

^thanks dOOd!

1041.gif
I soooooooooooooooooooooo can't fucking wait for this game now!

I haven't played the first Rainbow Six: Vegas game, but this looks fun. I expect our city's great Mayor will once again protest the game's portrayl of the city, because, you know, Las Vegas is so very revered. -_-;

[quote name='ddrpower']http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29755.html

New Dev revelations like the original Vegas had. I like them.

*EXP offline(Might mean the grind will be even worse)
*EXP for actions on top of games.
*Using PEC character as main in single player(What happened to the original main?)
*I swear, the character either sprinted or changed weapons after throwing the flashbang.
*Weapon unlocks modified.

Essentially, CoD4 weapons system melded with R6:Vegas gameplay. Hopefully, no prestige junk. Now, if only the single player would be better...[/QUOTE]

I definitely far prefer the COD4 system of unlocks/perks/etc to R6. I know Wombat likes being able to dress up the characters, but grinding for 5 hours to get a new hat really annoyed me.

[quote name='MikeydCT']I was about to get the first one I wonder if I should do that.[/quote]

I was going to pick up the first Rainbow Six: Vegas at Target for 40 bucks, but I figured there are other games to keep me occupied to March when this sequel is released.

I'm not too sure about having a customizable main character. I like it when a series builds a solid mythology for itself...even if the main character happened to be a redneck.

IGN talks about all the changes. Sounds like COD4 meets R6:Vegas. Theres now Sprinting, a more in-depth leveling system, more crap to unlock (and it goes by levels of course still), boot camp (but instead of just getting XP u can get items to, unlike COD4). Just keep in mind the framerate/game willl still seem just as slow, not CoD4 pace which doesn't bother me one bit but other people who knows...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/850/850587p1.html

bread's done
Back