Tired of the 051330 error!

Judhudson

CAGiversary!
I've had it up to here with this 051330 error. I keep getting it all the time. I still get the weather channel, the news, and mail, but it prevents me from going into the news channel, mii contest, shopping and playing online.

I've tried all of the things I could think of. Changed my router channel numerous times. It does work, yes...for a few days and I'm back to that error. I tried to enter in my router code manually, but it does not seem to do anything.

My router is linksys BEFW11S4. Would I need to buy a new router to get this to work properly? When I read on this issue, it says the error is something regarding security settings...

If possible, I'd love to hear some suggestions. I'd like to get back to playing online with GH3.

[quote name='Corvin']Nintendo's page on your router.[/quote]

A quote from the link above:

Important Note: It has been our experience that this router typically requires specific changes to be made on the Wii console in order to have a stable connection to our online services. You will need to perform a manual configuration of the DNS servers on the Wii console. For more information on how to perform the configuration of these settings, see the "Settings Needed for Manual Setup" section below.

So it looks like you need to manually input the DNS settings from your router into your Wii connection settings in order for it to be stable.

I had the same problems. Tried all the recommended settings, actually had to call Nintendo and nothing so I had to break down and buy the Wired Adapter. If your router is close enough it will save you hours of headaches.

Thanks for the information. I inputed the DNS manually into it and now the connection is lightning fast. I would like to say it fixed the problem - it has actually. I just hope it fixed it for good.

bread's done
Back