Downloadable PSP and PS1 Games from the playstation store!

Um. Where's the grand royal treatment for this? People have been demanding this for ages and Sony isn't a making a huge media deal out of this? No wonder they suck.

oh and time for Spyro!

Ok, I figured out what my problem was. My PSP was on 3.40 - OE when I first tested the software. I upgraded to 3.71 M33-4 and I was able to download a free theme.

hmm...$6 for spryo on the go (only game of interest for me)

might just do it, but do you only get the save file once?

[quote name='Foo228']hmm...$6 for spryo on the go (only game of interest for me)

might just do it, but do you only get the save file once?[/QUOTE]

The PSN DRM rules are much more flexible than Live. If I recall correctly, you are allowed to re-download the game up to 5 times across 5 different consoles (i.e. PS3 and PSP). The download rules are listed at the bottom of each download page. At least, the ones I've seen anyway.

Well, PS1 games couldn't be more than 700MB (unless they are multi-disc games) and the Socom Demo I downloaded was about 400MB...

From what I've seen, the PSOne games run between 100-400 MB. I think my biggest one at the moment is Real Bout Fatal Fury - Dominated Mind which is only large because it has a fair number of videos for a fighting game.

You can get them on PS3 and then transfer them to your PSP. I haven't heard of anyone going through the JP PSN store on their PSP and downloading them directly.

[quote name='FurryCurry']HEY GUYS!

Does this mean we can get the Japanese PS1 games somehow? Please please pleeeeease tell me we can.[/quote]

If you delate your history, it forgets the country (At least with IE) and I've tried going into the Japenese store, but it's obvisiosly in the Kanji or whatever it's called. You could try downloading them I guess, I'm not sure it'd work, you could try a demo first.

weee
now to see what they have

so these download to your memory card meaning if you lose your memory card you lose the games right?

what happens if the memory cards comes messed up ......

Spyro the Dragon® (PS3™/PSP...
Twisted Metal® 2 (PS3™/PSP®...
Castlevania: SotN (PS3™/PSP...
Hot Shots Golf® 2 (PS3™/PSP...
CoolBoarders® (PS3™/PSP®)
WipeOut® (PS3™/PSP®)
Destruction Derby (PS3™/PSP...
2Xtreme® (PS3™/PSP®)
Jet Moto® (PS3™/PSP®)
Rally Cross™ (PS3™/PSP®)

Jumping Flash!™ (PS3™/PSP®)
Medievil® (PS3™/PSP®)

Crash Bandicoot® (PS3™/PSP®
... Syphon Filter® (PS3™/PSP®)
Tekken® 2
(PS3™/PSP®)

Destruction Derby is tempting for 6 bucks. I wonder if its the full verison and how badly it plays on the PSP . i wonder if you can save and everything

Hell i only found out about this by watching WAIT FOR IT G4 spooky lol

QUESTION WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

Purchase indicates acceptance of the PLAYSTATION®Network Terms of Service/User Agreement and this item's use restrictions. If you do not wish to accept all those terms, do not purchase this item. One time fee for use on downloads on up to 5 activated PSP® systems and 5 activated PS3™ systems.

does that mean we have to buy 5 games or does that mean we can download this 5 times ?

ALSO it say DOWNLOAD TO PS3 i dont see anywhere how to go to

PC to PSP

[quote name='FurryCurry']HEY GUYS!

Does this mean we can get the Japanese PS1 games somehow? Please please pleeeeease tell me we can.[/QUOTE]

The Japanese offerings really aren't that special. Titles of note are "R-Types", "Popolocrois", "Echo Night" and "Biohazard: Director's Cut". Most of the others are on the U.S. marketplace.

[retard]:dunce:
I had my PSP get custom firmware..it's 3.52 M33-4. How do I get this app? Everytime I try and run the update (I don't care for a custom PSP anymore, actually..) I get this message..:lol:.. "The Game Could Not be started. (DADADADA)" :lol: What the hell does that mean?? I downloaded that 3.72 update..soo..yeah. I guess when you get custom you can never go back? I've been waiting for a while to get the PSN on PSP..and now it's finally here. :dunce:[/retard]

[quote name='Sarang01']The Japanese offerings really aren't that special. Titles of note are "R-Types", "Popolocrois", "Echo Night" and "Biohazard: Director's Cut". Most of the others are on the U.S. marketplace.[/quote]

Ha. I need my stupid 2d treasure style shmup!

[quote name='lilboo'][retard]:dunce:
I had my PSP get custom firmware..it's 3.52 M33-4. How do I get this app? Everytime I try and run the update (I don't care for a custom PSP anymore, actually..) I get this message..:lol:.. "The Game Could Not be started. (DADADADA)" :lol: What the hell does that mean?? I downloaded that 3.72 update..soo..yeah. I guess when you get custom you can never go back? I've been waiting for a while to get the PSN on PSP..and now it's finally here. :dunce:[/retard][/QUOTE]

Did you download the official 3.72 firmware? If so, I don't know what to tell you. It should work.

[quote name='daphatty']Did you download the official 3.72 firmware? If so, I don't know what to tell you. It should work.[/QUOTE]

yeah! I go to update my PSP and I download whatever the current is. It DOES say 3.72. It's then when I go to load the installer..I get that message "Game cannot be started (DADADADA)"

[quote name='lilboo']yeah! I go to update my PSP and I download whatever the current is. It DOES say 3.72. It's then when I go to load the installer..I get that message "Game cannot be started (DADADADA)"

[quote name='daphatty']Which installer are you referring to?[/QUOTE]

When I download the update. I go to Game => Memory Stick => PSP Update ver 3.72
When I run that, that's when I get that weird "Game can not be started (DADADADA)" thing..:lol:

Ah! It's probably because you are running the custom firmware. Just upgrade to the latest custom firmware (3.71 M33) with the latest update (-4) and you should be good to go. I can't tell you how to do that of course (violates the ToS) but there are plenty of sites out there that have the information you'll need.

Are the PS1 games converted to run in wide screen? ( It seems very unlikely, but thought I would ask? I am guessing that they stretch, or run with black bars. )

[quote name='snowsquirrel']Are the PS1 games converted to run in wide screen? ( It seems very unlikely, but thought I would ask? I am guessing that they stretch, or run with black bars. )[/QUOTE]

There are a couple settings available but by default they run with black borders. I think they can be stretched but then the resolution takes a hit. At the moment I have a couple of the JP PS store games on my PSP and I just leave them with the borders, otherwise they get blurry.

bread's done
Back