Dual monitor setup questions

cdietschrun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I have a new HDTV that I use on my desktop computer. I have the computer coming in via component cables. I want to know how to do a few things with my setup. I have a GeForce 7900GT video card.

I want to 1) Make my wallpaper be one larger one that stretches across both screens. Most often I have the dual monitors to be dualview in Windows XP so that I can move things to each screen.

2) I also don't really know what the best resolution is to use on my HDTV desktop...It supports 720p/1080i if that helps anyone give me advice.

3) Know how to launch certain things in certain windows (i.e, get my movies to play fullscreen on the HDTV monitor.

Mainly want to do #1 and 2 though. Thanks for the help.

Thanks.

I've got one more problem.

Somewhere along the line of using this setup last night, I've lost the one thing I wanted most out of the setup: Audio from the HDTV that plays the computer's sound. To restate: I have my center speaker line out splitting into a red and white audio jack that goes into my TVs component section, along with my reg/green/blue component cables connecting to my video card.

Earlier, the sound was working. Now, I can have my USB headphones plugged in and sound works on them, but when it's just my computer and I try running sound, it dosent work. I can't think of what it could be. Mayby something with the video card drivers or audio card drivers? Any advice?

bread's done
Back