OFFICIAL HALO 2 TOPIC

CaseyRyback

Staff member
Feedback
131 (100%)
There are too many of these topics floating around and most of the stuff discussed has been covered several times, for the sake of people looking for deals, those who do not own an Xbox, and those who could care less about Halo 2, I give you the official topic.

Any other topics will be lockd

EDIT: If you are having a party like rocksolidaudio, feel free to make a thread. This one is more to cut down on all the posting of reviews and general talk.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='guyver2077']wasnt there already an official topic[/quote]

Yeah. sj41 started it.[/quote]

I know he had started one, but since people kept posting threads I felt it was better to start fresh. I also wanted to make sure people knew they could continue to make Halo topics if there was a special event going on some where (a party or a unique midnight madness)

this thread is more for general discussion and basic commentary on the game

We could have used one for GTA: SA too. But hopefully we won't see the same thing happening with other games in the future.

I have finally arrived at the "Official" of all "official" Halo 2 topics.... I Love Halo 2 I am going to name my first born child Halo. I am getting a "Halo 2" liscence tag for my car. My girl Dachshund is named "Cortana" like the Halo character....I love me sum Halo 2...

Everyone who was going to shoot that dog in the head can put their guns away now......Thank you, I mean it...Thank you
ThankYouImeanit.jpg

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='dcfox']We could have used one for GTA: SA too. But hopefully we won't see the same thing happening with other games in the future.[/quote]

Its because he doesn't like Halo and doesn't have a problem with GTA. I bet when Half Life 2 has hella threads they won't be locked. :wink:[/quote]

A mod being biased? Never :wink:

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='dcfox']We could have used one for GTA: SA too. But hopefully we won't see the same thing happening with other games in the future.[/quote]

Its because he doesn't like Halo and doesn't have a problem with GTA. I bet when Half Life 2 has hella threads they won't be locked. :wink:[/quote]

I actually owned both versions of the original Halo (the PC and Xbox) so no it is not a fanboy thing. It is a more, the hype is too big and getting really annoying. The original game was decent, but people think it is greater than it is, and it gets old hearing people say the same thing on the game constantly.

The GTA threads were no where near as prominent on these boards as the Halo threads have been. Scrubking made several threads, but most contained new information, where as most of the Halo threads have been covering old information, or are just useless and annoying.

And I dislike GTA much more than Halo. GTA 3 was one of the worst games of this generation. I only liked Vice City because of the atmosphere and the motorcycles.

As far as Half-Life, there have not been but probably 5 total threads on that game, and there are not enough people on the boards with a good enough PC to make a sufficient amount of topics to make an official thread. There have been a few in reference to release date when CS: Source was released, and a couple in reference to a review and the different packaging, but they have not been near as abundant as the Halo topics.

At times there have been 3 Halo topics on the front page. If you guys feel that they should stay, I will unlock every single Halo topic I locked and let people continue to spam the boards with stuff that was already posted or completely useless.

[quote name='FrankySox']Finally goodtone wont have to make 25 new topics each time a site posts a new review[/quote]

25 is a slight exageration...It's more like 8

[quote name='zewone']Yeah I'm just messing around, but don't you think Half-Life 2 well have just as many threads when the release gets closer and closer?[/quote]

it comes out in less than 9 days and the hype on these boards has been minimal, but if there is a need, I will make one.

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='dcfox']We could have used one for GTA: SA too. But hopefully we won't see the same thing happening with other games in the future.[/quote]

I actually owned both versions of the original Halo (the PC and Xbox) so no it is not a fanboy thing. It is a more, the hype is too big and getting really annoying. The original game was decent, but people think it is greater than it is, and it gets old hearing people say the same thing on the game constantly.

The GTA threads were no where near as prominent on these boards as the Halo threads have been. Scrubking made several threads, but most contained new information, where as most of the Halo threads have been covering old information, or are just useless and annoying.

And I dislike GTA much more than Halo. GTA 3 was one of the worst games of this generation. I only liked Vice City because of the atmosphere and the motorcycles.

As far as Half-Life, there have not been but probably 5 total threads on that game, and there are not enough people on the boards with a good enough PC to make a sufficient amount of topics to make an official thread. There have been a few in reference to release date when CS: Source was released, and a couple in reference to a review and the different packaging, but they have not been near as abundant as the Halo topics.

At times there have been 3 Halo topics on the front page. If you guys feel that they should stay, I will unlock every single Halo topic I locked and let people continue to spam the boards with stuff that was already posted or completely useless.[/quote]

I'm happy with them being locked and moving to only one thread. It was just way too much.

i think you should unlcock them. eight wasnt too many. and halo is definitley not over hyped. it IS the greatest game of all time. hands down. halo and halo 2 are on another level. booyah!

[quote name='thagoat']i think you should unlcock them. eight wasnt too many. and halo is definitley not over hyped. it IS the greatest game of all time. hands down. halo and halo 2 are on another level. booyah![/quote]

26 on the front page of the Xbox general discussion page sure is IMO

[quote name='Goodtone'][quote name='FrankySox']Finally goodtone wont have to make 25 new topics each time a site posts a new review[/quote]

25 is a slight exageration...It's more like 8[/quote]

I predict your preorder form will be lost, and it'll be two weeks after the release date until you get your copy!

I got stuck in chapter 3 or however they do the levels, and stopped playing, it was right at the beginning, but I just want halo2 for MP games.

Halo 2 is the most anticipated game of all-time! I don't remember any game with so much hype, ever! Not Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker or Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I'm very impressed with what Bungie has done with the Halo franchise...

[quote name='FrankySox'][quote name='Goodtone'][quote name='FrankySox']Finally goodtone wont have to make 25 new topics each time a site posts a new review[/quote]

I predict your preorder form will be lost, and it'll be two weeks after the release date until you get your copy![/quote]

I actually already have it and have been playing it with Sid from Nightmare armor for the past month...He was given a copy from microsoft to make 30 suits of Halo armor... I just acted like I didn't have it or play it so people didn't get pissed off. The difference is that I was playing a LEGAL copy that was being used as a reference to make the armor. In other news, I just sold an ilovebees DVD for $51 + shipping on ebay.....I started the bidding at $9.99 just to try to give a good deal, but they bid it up to $51..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8144785444&ssPageName

[quote name='Goodtone'][quote name='FrankySox'][quote name='Goodtone'][quote name='FrankySox']Finally goodtone wont have to make 25 new topics each time a site posts a new review[/quote]

I predict your preorder form will be lost, and it'll be two weeks after the release date until you get your copy![/quote]

I actually already have it and have been playing it with Sid from Nightmare armor for the past month...He was given a copy from microsoft to make 30 suits of Halo armor... I just acted like I didn't have it or play it so people didn't get pissed off. The difference is that I was playing a LEGAL copy that was being used as a reference to make the armor. In other news, I just sold an ilovebees DVD for $51 + shipping on ebay.....I started the bidding at $9.99 just to try to give a good deal, but they bid it up to $51..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8144785444&ssPageName[/quote]
Well I wish I had a copy, but that's awesome that you have a legal copy, really how good is it compared to the first one, I know the MP will be better, but how about the single player campaign?

I personally love it...There are a few things that I had to get used to at first*, but overall I think it is one awesome game...*(When you have 2 weapons and you want to throw a grenade, you have to get used to your controller, but since the first game only had one weapon and a free hand to throw grenades, it just takes a little practice)... I think everyone will be happy with some aspects of the game overall. You can't please everyone, but everyone should have fun with it and feel like they got their money's worth.....I look at it this way....from pong to Halo2 in 30 years is freakin' great...the best is yet to come...This is just one game toward the future of more great games...You just can't go wrong either way.... A lot of blood, sweat, and Love went into making this game and it shows..(not to mention all the sleep they lost)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']this thread is more for general discussion and basic commentary on the game[/quote]That's what mine was for. :cry:

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='CaseyRyback']this thread is more for general discussion and basic commentary on the game[/quote]That's what mine was for. :cry:[/quote]

Chant with me.....

UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..
Set them free...Unlock the chains that bind...They were wrongfully prosecuted

[quote name='Goodtone'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='CaseyRyback']this thread is more for general discussion and basic commentary on the game[/quote]That's what mine was for. :cry:[/quote]

Chant with me.....

UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..UNLOCK THE THREADS ..
Set them free...Unlock the chains that bind...They were wrongfully prosecuted[/quote]hahahahahahaha. That was so funny. :roll:

Anyways Casey, you can lock mine now. We don't need 2 "Official Halo 2 topics." :)

Ok, so I admit it was a little corny...but Hot Females love a "Corn Ball"...My humour always goes over well with the Fine young Females
Rule #1: if you can make them laugh, you can take them to bed....always remember that..seriously..

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Halo 2 is the most anticipated game of all-time! I don't remember any game with so much hype, ever! Not Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker or Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I'm very impressed with what Bungie has done with the Halo franchise... [/quote]
I dont know, there is a lot of hype for Half Life 2.

[quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='SEGA128DC']Halo 2 is the most anticipated game of all-time! I don't remember any game with so much hype, ever! Not Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker or Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I'm very impressed with what Bungie has done with the Halo franchise... [/quote]
I dont know, there is a lot of hype for Half Life 2.[/quote]

I don't think it's on the same level at all. Not that i think the Halo 2 hype is undeserving. As I've said before, you have to anticipate the sequel to the game you've continuously played for the last three years.

[quote name='Goodtone']Ok, so I admit it was a little corny...but Hot Females love a "Corn Ball"...My humour always goes over well with the Fine young Females
Rule #1: if you can make them laugh, you can take them to bed....always remember that..seriously..[/quote]

eh, If you cant make them drink or smoke you cant take them to the bathroom.

Ok, so I thought the release was tomorrow at midnight. My local news channel(Dallas-channel 8) did a 20 second spot on the release of Halo 2. They were showing the Best Buy in Plano that will be open at midnight and it had people lined up around the building. Is there something I don't know? It could be they were using stock footage from a past event but I couldn't tell. Tuesday is the 9th so I don't think I have my dates mixed up. Just wondering...

I'm well aware this will probably jinx it, but at this writing (early morning, 11/8 ), Halo 2 is the number one game ever at gamerankings.com, pulling ahead of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time. That's fine with me since I can't stand Zelda OOT.

Don't expect it to last, but even the idea it'll probably stay in the top 3 or 4 is pretty outstanding.

Guess I better start thinking about a new sig...

Has anyone checked out the stat stuff over at Bungie.com? It's pretty cool and it explains how they figure out rankings...which is good to know.

[quote name='rg0019']Ok, so I thought the release was tomorrow at midnight. My local news channel(Dallas-channel 8) did a 20 second spot on the release of Halo 2. They were showing the Best Buy in Plano that will be open at midnight and it had people lined up around the building. Is there something I don't know? It could be they were using stock footage from a past event but I couldn't tell. Tuesday is the 9th so I don't think I have my dates mixed up. Just wondering...[/quote]

Might be stock Playstation 2 release date footage... far as I know, the midnight release of Halo 2 is this COMING midnight...

Still debating whether to go to the Midnight Halo2 event at GameRush. I want to make sure I get my copy I preordered. However, I already PAID FOR IT...so they should not sell it. I may call and make sure they are not doing a first come, first serve...even with the Pre-Orders.

[quote name='doubledown']Still debating whether to go to the Midnight Halo2 event at GameRush. I want to make sure I get my copy I preordered. However, I already PAID FOR IT...so they should not sell it. I may call and make sure they are not doing a first come, first serve...even with the Pre-Orders.[/quote]

Worse comes to worse (...im still not sure why people say that...) if you dont get it you can probably get some credit/freebies out of BB if you bitch long enough.

Then again, you could be like me and just take it up the tailpipe and wait a week until a new shipment arrives.....

Nah, i'll be there tonight...im just curious on what kind of activities they'll have and what the time table of stuff-to-do is.

Thanks for the link 128dc, i'll try that when i get home.

In other news, Rev Vs. Blue will be releasing 3 episodes within 48 hours...and the first one is already up!

bread's done
Back