Final Fantasy III DS 19.99 Amazon

paid 30 for it i think??? at TRU last xmas

never played it more then 2 hours Very hard game. Major grinding required for the first part and got bored.

one day i hope to go back to play it

[quote name='slidecage']paid 30 for it i think??? at TRU last xmas

never played it more then 2 hours Very hard game. Major grinding required for the first part and got bored.

one day i hope to go back to play it[/QUOTE]

I thought the game was really easy.

$20 is decent, but I can see this dropping lower.

I got this for $20 at TRU the day after they had the b2g1 sale in october or early november. I was surprised, everywhere else had it for $40. Good price, great game.

[quote name='opportunity777']I thought the game was really easy.

$20 is decent, but I can see this dropping lower.[/QUOTE]

first few hours was hard for me. had to level grind in the forest before going into cave one. i still got it so one day i hope to go back.

Its just too bad they games wasnt hooked together

port 3 save to 4. then port 4 to 5 and so on

There is one particular cave you can power lvl in but since i paid $35 for the game, I have to say I wasnt't that impressed with what was offered. They basically took an old game, added some 3d graphics and called it a day. I certainly enjoyed the game but if I wanted to put a price on my enjoyment it would probably be around $20.

I am sure my opinion differs from some of you, but there it is.

I'd buy at $19.99

[quote name='opportunity777']I thought the game was really easy.

$20 is decent, but I can see this dropping lower.[/QUOTE]

You gotta be kidding me... that game kicked my ass. I only lasted like 2 hours and gave up. It seemed like that's what I spent half my time on just to beat the 2nd boss (that bandit guy in the cave or something).

Anyways, I remember picking this up for $20 too back around some TRU Xmas thing months after it came out. And I'm pretty sure most places has this for $20.

I think I'll get a used GS copy, once they fix their prices; then I can use edge card + Boy Scouts discount card. I've never played any of the FF games really, so I'm not sure if I'll like it or not.

[quote name='Vinny']You gotta be kidding me... that game kicked my ass. I only lasted like 2 hours and gave up. It seemed like that's what I spent half my time on just to beat the 2nd boss (that bandit guy in the cave or something).

Anyways, I remember picking this up for $20 too back around some TRU Xmas thing months after it came out. And I'm pretty sure most places has this for $20.[/QUOTE]

I'm one of those obsessed RPG guys. Once I get locked in to playing one, I play to find every item, look for every strategy, etc. etc., so it was not a hard game for me. Plus, I have tons of experience playing all types of RPGs. I think they have gotten easier over the years. I actually stop playing RPGs for the last year or so because I keep playing non-stop until I get everything. It's my only true video game addiction besides Quake and a few other FPS, which I haven't touched for a while.

So, does any other brick and mortar store sell the game for $20 besides Target or EB? My local Targets did not have any. Thanks.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I got all the way through it without being wiped out once. I thought the game was very easy.[/quote]

I'd say that the game isn't very hard, but it does require grinding at some spots. If you don't do the work, the game seems brutal, but it's not that hard to level up. Monsters are pretty predictable and it's easy to get a rhythm going to take care of most enemies.

There are a few locations where there are no save points for an hour or so.
I got pretty far in the game, but that finally killed it for me. I didn't really enjoy playing for an hour only to find that I didn't grind enough and had to do it all over again.

Story is pretty weak for an FF game. Had the story been a little stronger, I probably would have finished it.

I'd say if you like battling/leveling up and play conservatively (be sure to level up enough and manage your resources) then you should like this game.

Still have my sealed copy from TRU's $20/$25 discount a year ago...at least I got the guide from BB for .01.

One of these days I'll try it.

[quote name='slidecage']paid 30 for it i think??? at TRU last xmas

one day i hope to go back to play it[/quote]

I don't understand why people think that requiring level grinding makes the game hard. The game isn't hard, it's tedious. The more level grinding required, the more tedious the game is. Needless to say, I wouldn't pay $20 for it, for myself. RPG's aren't my thing, primarily because of the awful leveling up stuff. However, I'm considering buying it at that price for my nephew.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Does it matter which FF you start with if you've never played a FF game before? Would FFIII be a good place to start?[/quote]

They all have different story lines and characters for the most part.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Does it matter which FF you start with if you've never played a FF game before? Would FFIII be a good place to start?[/quote]
It's fairly accessible, but it's story is not one of the better in the series.

If you never played one before, i would suggest FFIV advance or VI advance (GBA games.)

That's really subjective though, just personal preference. FF III is a great game, but IV and VI are considered among the creme de la creme for the series.

[quote name='seanmcc']It's fairly accessible, but it's story is not one of the better in the series.

If you never played one before, i would suggest FFIV advance or VI advance (GBA games.)

That's really subjective though, just personal preference. FF III is a great game, but IV and VI are considered among the creme de la creme for the series.[/quote]

Okay, thanks a lot. Goomba said that IV was good too, so I guess I'll go with that first if I can find it.

good price on a tedious game. i was a bit bothered in the beginning with the "no save" in dungeons, but at least they're not too long for the most part.

bread's done
Back