New server coming tonight, Sunday, March 14th

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Update: All done.

Update:
Tonight (3/14), at some point between 8pm and 2am, CAG will be offline for 15-30 minutes as we move to our new server. It is not necessary to pack your bags.

Before
images

After
07-24-2003_hf-front_0724HamsterWheelSpinning.jpg

Notice how the guy in the"After" picture has more limbs than a normal person, therefore rendering him much more effective at processing all the cheap assness of CAG.

The humanoid multiped will arrive in a week or so, but you should notice some speed increase soon as we are adding more memory today or tomorrow.

[quote name='webcamjenna']Hey Cheapy can I please ask you a question?[/quote]
Is this the question?

[quote name='webcamjenna']No, I wanted to ask if your GOD?[/quote]
No, just a man. A tall, white, cheap man.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='webcamjenna']No, I wanted to ask if your GOD?[/quote]
No, just a man. A tall, white, cheap man.[/quote]

Damn Cheapy, you should write catch phrases for blockbuster action movies!

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']faster? maybe its just me, but i almost never notice any slowness to this site.[/quote]

This site is going to be so damn fast that Cheapy will be able to post a deal before the stores even consider having said deal!

P.S. 300 posts.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']faster? maybe its just me, but i almost never notice any slowness to this site.[/quote]

Me neither... but faster is always better. The key question, is the new server cheaper?

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='webcamjenna']No, I wanted to ask if your GOD?[/quote]

You forgot bald. Ah, I'm just jerkin' your chain. But seriously, that will kick so much ass, probably due to the exta legs on said humanoid.

[quote name='st0neface'][quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='webcamjenna']No, I wanted to ask if your GOD?[/quote]

You forgot bald. Ah, I'm just jerkin' your chain. But seriously, that will kick so much ass, probably due to the exta legs on said humanoid.[/quote]

Yeah, i realized that after I posted it.

[quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='godhatesjustyou']faster? maybe its just me, but i almost never notice any slowness to this site.[/quote]
Me neither... but faster is always better. The key question, is the new server cheaper?[/quote]

I am glad you haven't noticed it, but there are times when the server crawls. Like this time:
Most CAGs ever online was 228 on 08 Mar 2004 06:48 pm

He will be able to do it. We have the technology.
We can make it bigger, faster, stronger and more robust.

*Cue the corny six million dollar man sound effects*

Red Balls, cocaine in a can baby!

Anyways, this sounds great, but I also have not really noticed any slow-down on here...though earlier I wasn't able to get on the site.

Sounds GREAT Cheapy!

Just make sure it doesn't put you in a position where you have to consider lots of ads or selling part of the site to pay for the new server. :wink:

I wonder if you were planning this or took my suggestion in the CAG news thread. (I'd like to think it was the latter cause it makes me feel important.) :lol:

Is that hamster wearing a sweat band? Didn't know they made 'em that small.

Yes, yes, I notice these types of things....why? Because I'm insane...

I don't know about anyone else, but I am semi-divinely inspired. You are my hero. Cheapassosity personified.

Actually I been pushing CheapyD to do this for a while but after the big lag day he finally got a wakeup call.

I also plan on actually building him a super dual proc server in Sept/Oct and actually it will end up costing less yet it will be about 3 times as fast. When I build his server it will be strong enough to last through 2005...or at least we hope. Traffic here is growing and as the forums grow..so does his database. Its fairly large now but I suspect by the next holiday season he has to be prepared.

Also as a hint...me and CheapyD plan on something really really really big for CAGers here in the tri-state local area. That's all I will say.

[quote name='defender']Also as a hint...me and CheapyD plan on something really really really big for CAGers here in the tri-state local area. That's all I will say.[/quote]

oh man... That's crazy. One of my history profs made it mandatory to make a trip to NYC to visit a random museum. That would be sweet if I could somehow get some cheapass deals to make the trip worthwhile. Wow, I'm seriously excited and anxious... more so than the Buy.com incident... hopefully this will pan out though

:)

Update:
Tonight (3/14), at some point between 8pm and 2am, CAG will be offline for 15-30 minutes as we move to our new server. It is not necessary to pack your bags.

CheapyD - I don't actually use this site a lot (Just come here to look at the great deals) but damn your funny, lol. I should come more often.

I also have a question. What happened to the hamster and um...... why is he standing on his hind legs? Maybe thats why hes so tired, your working him to hard :)

[quote name='CheapyD']Update:
Tonight (3/14), at some point between 8pm and 2am, CAG will be offline for 15-30 minutes as we move to our new server. It is not necessary to pack your bags.[/quote]

what should we do for said 15-30 mins of caglessness?

It's actually significantly slower than before for me. It actually took 1 minute to load up the "Post a reply" page. :x

Edit: I take that back. Things are loading much faster now. Must have been my connection. :wink:

Seems faster to me, especially the recent forum posts section on the fron page. The whole site used to load pretty fast, but hang for a second on the recent forum posts. Now its pretty much instant.

[quote name='defender']I don't get any thanks? It was my idea. Jeez what a thankless title I have.
[/quote]

That's like thanking the guy who suggested Lobster for dinner when someone else is paying the bill. Of course its gonna be good!
;)

defender_ss3.gif

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Your avatar is thanking you...all over your shoes![/quote]

Yeah. That avatar: Lame/10

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='defender']I don't get any thanks? It was my idea. Jeez what a thankless title I have.
[/quote]

That's like thanking the guy who suggested Lobster for dinner when someone else is paying the bill. Of course its gonna be good!
;)
[/quote]
Wait, wait, what? You offering all CAGs a lobster dinner? Yeah that must be it...yeah. :lol:

I guess defender's avatar doesn't like lobster...

bread's done
Back