Yeah Right

$20 for RE4 used? I'm so tempted but this guy has 0 feedback. It is an eBay store though so maybe he is just getting started...

Interesting to see that some of those games aren't even out yet like Batman. And what gives with the prices? Is this a "too good to be true" situation?

"Game used but in like-new condition. All games tested and verified to be in perfect working condition and scratch-free. Games are sent via standard USPS priority (please allow 3 -5 days for delivery within the United States) No refunds but we will gladly replace your game if it is found to be defective. We accept payment via Money Order or BidPay Please email with any questions [email protected]"

How can that be for Batman, since it doesn't even come out for a week and he supposedly has 33 available across all platforms?

How is it even possible? - Forza for $20, every PSP game for $20, etc. If it's too good to be true then it probably is...

Oh, I didn't look at the quantities.

If this is a scam, he is going to be murdered by the eBay store fees if he doesn't make any money.

"Shipping is $1.99 per game and games are sent via standard USPS priority (please allow 3 -5 days for delivery within the United States)"

Priority mail cost 4.40 for a game w/DC. Why would he take a loss? Must be a scam.

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne 18.99 nope.

Maybe he used to run a B&M store and is just looking to dump the used inventory? Who knows. If it is a scam then he is betting that for $20 you would take the risk... Not a bad idea...

I'm guessing bidpay doesn't even give you the protection that PayPal does, but I'm not too familiar with it. I know that the buyer pays the CC fees with Bidpay though, IIRC.

Still if you're paying with a CC you should always be able to fall back on a CC charge back if you get scammed. But that doesn't mean you should walk into something that you think is a scam, either.

SCAM SCAM SCAM, i purchased god of war for 21.99 from someone just like this once! even took MO and bid pay only!

they scam you threw bid pay DONT DO IT.

He could have these games if he was stealing discs from brand new copies but I'm thinking just another scammer as well.

We'll find out soon enough someone bought Chaos Theory from him.

[quote name='Scavenger4']He could have these games if he was stealing discs from brand new copies but I'm thinking just another scammer as well.

We'll find out soon enough someone bought Chaos Theory from him.[/QUOTE]

Please keep us posted on the results of this transaction.
Keep it in this thread so all can see.

[quote name='Scavenger4']He could have these games if he was stealing discs from brand new copies but I'm thinking just another scammer as well.

We'll find out soon enough someone bought Chaos Theory from him.[/QUOTE]

All I have to say is we warned you.

In the unlikely event that this is not bullshit, I plan to pick up Nocturne for me and DMC3 for my boyfriend. But I remain skeptical of this guy. Keep us all posted, so we can steer clear if it's a scam or jump on it if it's real.

Of course, if this guy had any Shaq-fu-ing sense whatsoever, the little shit would take Paypal. I'll take everyone's word for it that this IS fishy.

Thanks! -neorune

It so heartbreakingly obvious that this is a scam. Just look at those prices on the Shin Megami Tensei games...there's no way. Too bad.

Batman Begins, GTA: San Andreas and MOH: European Assault were all leaked today.. I realize that San Andreas and MOH are already out.. Batman Begins, however, isn't due for another week.

I'm assuming these are all bootlegs, especially with him having 0 feedback.

[quote name='javeryh']How can there bee a bootleg of RE4? I think he will accept the money and disappear...[/QUOTE]

..because there's mini cd-r's?

there's probably a better chance that he'll take the money and run instead of them being bootlegs.. someone should give his address to those bastards in Kenya or whereever the hell they're from

[quote name='javeryh']How can there bee a bootleg of RE4? I think he will accept the money and disappear...[/QUOTE]
Dito

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY!!!!!

Be cheap but don't be dumb :whistle2:#

If you allready bought from this guy do not send him a MO or a Bidpay MO!!

I asked this asshat for a straight answer and pictures of the items in question. Whether I actually get them... who knows?

More to come, I hope.

[quote name='spoo']Dito

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS GUY!!!!!

Be cheap but don't be dumb :whistle2:#

If you allready bought from this guy do not send him a MO or a Bidpay MO!![/QUOTE]

i agree. something like this was posted on CAG before and nobody got their games. people argued back and forth on whether it was legit or not and it did not end very well for the peeps who bought from him. if you don't know the sellers situation, don't stick up for him b/c you don't know the true circumstances. g'luck to the peeps who bought from him :)

I'm sure the 0 feedback and join date of yesterday make him that much more legit. :roll:

I also reported every single one of his auctions as either counterfiet media or illegal copies.

[quote name='shrike4242']I also reported every single one of his auctions as either counterfiet media or illegal copies.[/QUOTE]

I doubt eBay will take any action on that. After all it is possible he's selling legit games for crackhead prices, however unlikely it seems.

[quote name='shrike4242']I also reported every single one of his auctions as either counterfiet media or illegal copies.[/QUOTE]
OK, now, this guy is probably some sort of scam artist, but I don't think it's fair to do that just yet.

[quote name='Scorch']..because there's mini cd-r's?

there's probably a better chance that he'll take the money and run instead of them being bootlegs.. someone should give his address to those bastards in Kenya or whereever the hell they're from[/QUOTE]

The GC has Mini DVD discs...not cdr discs.

[quote name='wubb']I doubt eBay will take any action on that. After all it is possible he's selling legit games for crackhead prices, however unlikely it seems.[/QUOTE]

True, he could be a crackhead... but then I don't think he'd be able to figure out how to list everything. It's a catch-22 for sure...

I like how the guy has 11 copies of Marvel vs Capcom 2 for Xbox at $17.99 (and has sold 3 - poor saps - oh well, at least they weren't ripped off for $40 or so). "Yeah right" indeed...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8197731004&rd=1

Don't those sell for $50 or so? Hey! Why don't I buy ALL 8 he has left, and then turn around and sell them again on eBay! Why, I'll even list them right now since I know I'll get them from him in 3 days via priority mail! :D

I think I read abotu somethign like this before - he'll sell his first 20-30 or so games at a loss - people will leave + feedback and then when other people get suckered in by the low prices and solid feedback, he'll shut down.

[quote name='joevan07']I think I read abotu somethign like this before - he'll sell his first 20-30 or so games at a loss - people will leave + feedback and then when other people get suckered in by the low prices and solid feedback, he'll shut down.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but to do that he should have sold just a few games (maybe one each of the titles in single auctions), gotten the good feedback, and then listed the multiple auctions. But then again his "too good to be true" prices show that maybe he isn't the smartest thing going...

Edit - I sure HOPE these auctions aren't real. I mean, that would be great for the buyers, of course, but then the seller is an even bigger moron and I would fear for the genetic viability of the human race.

Do you have proof that they are bootlegs? Why would you report something you have no facts about? They can't be bootlegs because some of the games aren't out yet and you can't bootleg gamecube games as easy as the other systems.

Scam is one thing, but pulling "they must be bootlegs" out of thin air is another. All we can do is sit and watch him make money off of stupid people. As of yet he has broken no ebay rules, so there is nothing to report.

I like how he says shipping is $1.99 in every auction in the description, but in the shipping cost part he has different prices. FF11 is 5.99, nocturne is 3.99 mvc2 is 2.99.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Do you have proof that they are bootlegs? Why would you report something you have no facts about? They can't be bootlegs because some of the games aren't out yet and you can't bootleg gamecube games as easy as the other systems.

Scam is one thing, but pulling "they must be bootlegs" out of thin air is another. All we can do is sit and watch him make money off of stupid people. As of yet he has broken no ebay rules, so there is nothing to report.[/QUOTE]

The auctions are highly suspect and should be brought to the attention of people who can investigate them. It isn't as if the staff at eBay will look at the message from shrike and say 'Oh, well we better cancel all of the auctions'. His message to them is just an indication that they should look into it. Reporting them was the right thing to do.

[quote name='guessed']The auctions are highly suspect and should be brought to the attention of people who can investigate them. It isn't as if the staff at eBay will look at the message from shrike and say 'Oh, well we better cancel all of the auctions'. His message to them is just an indication that they should look into it. Reporting them was the right thing to do.[/QUOTE]

exactly - theres a chance somethings not legit here and it's best if Ebay checks it out - if the guys on the level then everything'll be fine.

[quote name='guessed']The auctions are highly suspect and should be brought to the attention of people who can investigate them. It isn't as if the staff at eBay will look at the message from shrike and say 'Oh, well we better cancel all of the auctions'. His message to them is just an indication that they should look into it. Reporting them was the right thing to do.[/QUOTE]
Hmm...I suppose you're right.

That's nice and hopeful, but this is a day in the life of an "ebay authority"

Ebay Authority goes to check his In-Box--

"You have 5036 new messages!"

Looks at the first page, all with subject titles like--
"Please help, I've been ripped off!"
"This seller is ripping everyone off"
"This seller has a fake address and email!"
"Seller sent me Anthrax, Help!"
"Buyer has 12493 negative feedbacks and is still ripping people off, help!"

Opens new window, checks bank account.

Hits "Delete All" on his inbox.

Exactly. They're not going to shut him down on my reports alone. They'll look at it, raise an eyebrow at the prices when compared to others for the same items on eBay, raise another eyebrow at his shipping prices, which are at a loss, and furthermore that he doesn't take Paypal and takes bidpay.

I want them to look at the auctions and do what they should do, look more closely at them. If they shut him down, since I'm 100% sure this guy is a scam artist on my gut feeling, then they save someone from getting a kick in the ass over it. If they don't and he's legit, then he's legit and eBay has done its job.

[quote name='pinoy530']I like how he says shipping is $1.99 in every auction in the description, but in the shipping cost part he has different prices. FF11 is 5.99, nocturne is 3.99 mvc2 is 2.99.[/QUOTE]

FFXI is the hard drive kit for the PS2, which is a fair shipping price for media mail, which I shipped eight of them when they were on sale from CC. The box weighs 4 lbs on its own, without any packaging around it or anything. Just the sealed retail box.

The shipping listing errors could be from this guy using Turbo Lister. Maybe. I do all mine manually, as I'm not a Power Seller or anything like that.

Still praying this guy's legit, but I'm not holding my breath.

[quote name='addicted2games']only takes money orders, prices too low and on shipping he's taking a loss. Sounds and smells like a SCAM! Caveot emptor![/QUOTE]

:rofl: you're a little late ;)

[quote name='joevan07']:rofl: you're a little late ;)[/QUOTE]
yeah I didnt want to read all the posts. Maybe I should. Just wanted to add my 2 cents. But maybe I should get refunded. :)

bread's done
Back