CheapyD's Wii Fit Unboxing Video

Thank you for giving me something other to watch than the University of Hawaii embarassing themselves on national TV. :p

So how much does it retail for in the mother country? There's a thread saying it's $190?

[quote name='Milkyman']no digg button?[/quote]
Good point! Will add it now.
Their commenters are so rough on me, though!
[digg]http://digg.com/videos/gaming/Wii_Fit_Unboxing_Video_w_CheapyD[/digg]

[quote name='CheapyD']Good point! Will add it now.
Their commenters are so rough on me, though![/quote]

Just wear a wig for your next vid and they'll leave you alone. Or get boobs.

WOW, I've never caught the show so early.. awesome!
Hope you lose some weight with this thing.... not that you need to...but might as well lose some before you got tired of it. :)

interesting random thought I just had..........how safe would it be to have your kid in ur arms while on the wii fit doing the fit things?

Wow, it's already out!? (I know... Japan, but that seemed fast for it to come out there as well.)

I'm a little disappointed you didn't give a demonstration Cheapy, you should of set it up.

[quote name='yukine']Wow, it's already out!? (I know... Japan, but that seemed fast for it to come out there as well.)

I'm a little disappointed you didn't give a demonstration Cheapy, you should of set it up.[/quote]

Seperate video....
Youtube = short attention span

Yeah, great job Cheapy...you unboxed a gigantic white plastic mousepad :D

Here's what I don't get: The Japanese are some of the healthiest and longest-lived human beings on earth.....why did they make this?

Leave it to Nintendo to come up with stuff like this. I'm anxiously awaiting Wii Jumprope.

Sweet Video Cheapy D! Now lets see some video of you demonstrating the balance board w/ wii Fit, that would be great!

Also, TMNT Truck FTW!

Looks like a cheaply made TV dinner tray. Box art is pretty bland, nothing more boring then a white product on a white background. Wonder if Nintendo will add a little color for the export versions.

Surprised there is no humorous do not use while drunk warning. Actualy surprised there was no "do not use on carpet" warning either.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']I hate Wii fit, how about some... you know... games.

k. thx. nintendo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Mario Galaxy, Mario Strikers, Metroid, Brian Age 2, and Zelda PH dont count!

[quote name='foltzie']Yeah, Mario Galaxy, Mario Strikers, Metroid, Brian Age 2, and Zelda PH dont count![/quote]

5 games out of how many shovel ware games? I wouldn't count Brain Age 2 out of your list as great... but anyways, 4 out of 5 of those games feature characters that are like 20 years old. How about something new. Nintendo, how about you start making games like you did back in the day (QUALITY) and make new characters like you did before. Stop this 'casual' mini-game crap with OMG new add-on or waggle shit.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']5 games out of how many shovel ware games? I wouldn't count Brain Age 2 out of your list as great... but anyways, 4 out of 5 of those games feature characters that are like 20 years old. How about something new. Nintendo, how about you start making games like you did back in the day (QUALITY) and make new characters like you did before. Stop this 'casual' mini-game crap with OMG new add-on or waggle shit.[/quote]

This is what sells, dude. Nintendo is entering a second golden age, and it's because of all this weird stuff they've been doing.

I, for one, am excited for this to come out here; onto the band-wagon with me.

And to the person who wondered why this is being released in Japan, one of the "healthiest" demographics, they're healthy because they don't sit on their asses playing Halo 3; they're healthy because they're into stuff like this. They're pretty active, healthy-eating people, and using something like this would be part of keeping active (where-as here it's more of a "lose weight!" kind of thing).

[quote name='CheapyD']
Their commenters are so rough on me, though!
[/quote]

The digg commentators? Or the YouTube ones? YouTube is like brain death. :( The comments are always one big circle jerk. I adore these vids, though, some I'm glad CheapyD keeps posting them!

[quote name='aznpersuasion']official release date?[/QUOTE]

early next year apparently.

nice vid cheapy. I cant wait to see this thing in action...if Reggie can use it..than anyone can.

It's a glorified Pump It Up and DDR game, with exercises. I can't wait til some fat asses break the board or get injured and try to sue Nintendo. Just because they can pwn this shit off on people doesn't mean it is good for them long term. Keep it up with this stuff and pretty soon gamers will leave. Casual games don't keep any company alive. There will be marks for a system regardless. Bless them.

looks like it finally comes with a white DVD case instead of a cardboard!

can you test wii fit on carpet please?

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Casual games don't keep any company alive. There will be marks for a system regardless. Bless them.[/quote]

Actually, there is some truth to that arguement, for sure.

We'll just have to see what happens.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']The digg commentators? Or the YouTube ones? YouTube is like brain death. :( The comments are always one big circle jerk. I adore these vids, though, some I'm glad CheapyD keeps posting them![/quote]
The YouTube people seem to actually like me. I have about 300 fan mails in my YouTube inbox.

[quote name='yukine']I like how you're labeling yourself as a "C-List Internet Celebrity" in your videos now. :lol:[/quote]

I thought the deal was he was a D-list and Wombat was a F-lister. Maybe with the blog, it bumped Wombat up, but since Cheapy interviewed a high Curry, he gets bumped up to C-list. Not sure.

is the video gone?

[quote name='HeadRusch']Here's what I don't get: The Japanese are some of the healthiest and longest-lived human beings on earth.....why did they make this?[/quote]you're looking at it wrong.. this is WHY the japanese are some of the longest-lived peoples.

Psst - type on the front page ("availalbe")

And man was is creepy just seeing a head balanced on top of the box when the video started. Awesome.

[quote name='HeadRusch']
Here's what I don't get: The Japanese are some of the healthiest and longest-lived human beings on earth.....why did they make this?[/quote]
[quote name='Wolfkin']
you're looking at it wrong.. this is WHY the japanese are some of the longest-lived peoples.[/quote]
Yeah and healthy people are more likely to enjoy exercising and therefore use the Wii Fit. You don't think fat people will actually use this do you?

Well, apart from a few 'hilarious' youtube videos anyway.

lol CheapyD ur funny... use it as a shield to protect your Wii...lol...

...Protecting the world from overweight robbers!

[quote name='Dingleberry']Just wear a wig for your next vid and they'll leave you alone. Or get boobs.[/QUOTE]
If you want Diggs, just mention Ron Paul and how bad tasers are in your next video

Hey Cheapy D ,

Great preview of the WiiFit ... Quite late to the party and just now joined CAG and enjoy your cerebral musings, entertaining nature and awesomeness in Japan living the pseudo Japanese American lifestyle bleeding edge!

Hey man.. btw - was that music at the end... "Jokers Wild" or "Tic Tac Toe" ?

L8r
"Prowlinger"

[quote name='Trenchalicious']I thought the deal was he was a D-list and Wombat was a F-lister. Maybe with the blog, it bumped Wombat up, but since Cheapy interviewed a high Curry, he gets bumped up to C-list. Not sure.[/quote]
He was a D-list celebrity, but now he has been bumped up to C-list and Wombat is still on the D.

[quote name='CheapyD']The YouTube people seem to actually like me. I have about 300 fan mails in my YouTube inbox.[/quote]

After joining Digg (just for you, Cheapy!), I see what you mean; they're ruthless! And just plain mean at times (not just to you but to other commentors).

[quote name='dyreschlock']that was, like, half wii un-boxing video .. half CAGcast commercial.[/quote]

It worked, though; I'm pumped for the next CAGCast! I won't be high if I call in, though (unlike Ms. Curry); maybe a little boozed up!

Dyreschlock, that's a Snatcher icon for your avatar, right? Man, I was obsessed with that game in 6th grade. Sigh... nostalgia...

if they sell that here in the US for under $70, people would go apesh1t. anyway cheapy, does now live record the show? because most people here in the west does not get home until like 6pm. thanks!

bread's done
Back