PS2 GameCube Dev kits sellable?!

DiscoHai

CAGiversary!
Hey,

Awhile back I got my hands on a few dev kits. As you can see in the pictures; I got a PS2 TOOL, GameCube Dev kit...yeah they're plastic wrapped lol. Also got a GameBoy Advance dev kit as well.

The kits didnt come with any manuals or anything else. They are just sitting there since I have no use for them. I'm thinking about selling them, but is there a market for them? There's no listing on ebay at all. So I'm clueless if I should sell or just keep them.

How much you think they would fetch?!

tower.jpg

ETC.jpg

doc.jpg

devkits.jpg

Cube.jpg

I'm pretty sure ebay prohibits the selling of them. It doesn't mean they will pull the auction if you list them, probably only if Sony/Nintendo files a complaint.

I've seen dev kits on ebay before (there is one on ebay.co.uk now going for about £34 with a day and a half left). I never bothered to keep an eye on them to know what they sold for though. There is

unfortunately, while some dev kits are super-cool, they (for some reason) don't always command very good prices on Ebay. i've sold a couple in years past, and was disappointed with the final price of both.

if you have any appreciation for them at all, i'd recommend just keeping them.

Oh..damn. Hmm, I guess they're just gonna be eye candy then.

I did turn on the PS2 TOOL before and there was a burned cd-r in it. I ran it on my modded ps2 and it was Power Puff girls..haha

The gamecube cartridges had some unknown game on it. It was some adventure game.

I'll see If I can find more info on them.

the ps2tool should run you a few thousand bucks. the last time i saw that on an auction was $10,000+ with still a few days left. also there is a site dedicated to all things videogame auctions:

http://www.gamesniped.com

they list alot of dev kits. from even test units at repair centers to internal documents. yes, they all end up on ebay somehow.

Thanks for the site phear3d. Geez, a few thousand huh...that's great! I might just list them as a lot on ebay. I wonder how much shipping would be. Those things are damn heavy! lol... I've had them for some time now. They're just sitting there collecting dust.

You know refusedchaos I got a friend who has a ps2 tool laying around. He got it the same time I got mines. Let me ask him.

Those dev kits are cool looking, the PS2 one looks like a PS2, just larger.

Wasn't there a PS2 you could buy directly from Sony like the Net Yaroze/PS1 dev kit?

Whomever claimed that the PS2 tool is worth that much is insane. They have no idea what they are talking about.

OP, go check out this site

www.assemblergames.com

they will tell you what they are worth or you can search around there. they are most certainly not worth anywhere near $10,000 as the one person claims.

Ebay will almost always pull DEV stuff so I would not risk adding them to ebay. They generally sell for more on forums anyways. If ebay pulls your auction, they will generally suspend you (ask a very well respected member in the gaming community, dreamtr).

Haha, so many mixed comments.

Thanks for the link. I will definitely check it out. I can't seem to access their marketplace. I know I registered, but do I have to wait for an approval from the admin?

DP is not the site for dev stuff. Assembler is. DP is for released games (and not too rare, at that).

Assembler is for REALLY rare stuff and DEV stuff.

I have been a member on both for quite some time so I am guessing you do indeed have to wait 2 weeks or so from signing up to be able to sell anything.

Also, for the record, here is what a PS2 TOOL system is ACTUALLY worth

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14925&highlight=playstation+TOOL

As you can see, it took a while to even sell at $300 US.

It is worth slightly more than that, but not much.

Yes, it ORIGINALLY cost the developers that much- but they do not sell on the market for that much. They sell for $400 or under, generally. They are up quite often.

If i were to sell them I probably would try and sell the GBA and the GameCube together and the tool seperately. Unless someone gives me a offer I cant refuse for all. lol. Right now I'm not even sure how much they actually go for...from nothing to thousands to only a few hundred. But its all profit since I got them relatively dirt cheap. lol...But I am open to all offers.

I'll see if I can post on Assembler forums first before I do anything.

I have to ask where did you get them? What developer was selling them? If a powerpuff girls game was in there I will take a shot and say it was BAM! entertainment since they did the PP girls games.

You are right it came from BAM! entertainment. I think they are no more. So their things were up for grabs. One of the games on the game cube cartridge was Carmen SanDiego. I just figured it out yesterday.

How did you end up geting them from BAM!? Do you live near where they were located? I remember seeing a Dreamcast Dev kit on eBay once and it sold but I dont remember for how much. This was about a year and a half ago. You couldn't do much with it and it did not come with any of the GDroms. I think it was also just the tower.

bread's done
Back