A solution to PSP owners with a lot of UMD's

Purkeynator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
148 (100%)
I may have possibly found a viable alternative to the crappy options we have for storing large amounts of umds. Currently I am using these http://www.amazon.com/A-L-S-PSP-UMD..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1196643060&sr=8-1
However these only hold 8 umds (the max of any holder I have found) I already have two filled but needed room for more. I have about 50 umds to store (half movies, half games) and buying 7 of these and lugging them around is a real pain in the ass. I have found this case http://www.minidiscaccess.com/item.html?PRID=1512113
It is a minidisc organizer in the portfolio style that holds 48 mini-discs. A quick search on wiki revealed that mini-discs and umds are very close in size and it should be possible to use this case for my umd collection. I emailed the site and the nice lady there (Alison) tested out some umds for me. She found that they fit in the sleeves no problem. They are not as tight as they could be and would fall out if you held it upside down and shook it. However I feel this is the best solution I will find for holding multiple umds and am going to give it a shot. I will let you all know how it works out when it arrives. The price came to $36 shipped via Priority mail so I should have it this week sometime.

My first holder I ordered works pretty well. As long as you don't hold it upside down and shake it, the umds fit in the case just fine. I am actually thinking of ordering a second binder.

Companies have decided that few people lug around their entire UMD collection, which is probably pretty accurate. The Penguin United case for the DS works extremely well, too bad there isn't a comparable solution for the PSP...

I would be shocked if the next iteration of the PSP doesn't come with at least 4GB of onboard space.

Damn, $10 to hold 8 games. Geez. I'd give almost anything for Penguin United to make a UMD case like the DS game case.

Ugh you're fucking kidding right? Sleeves? I fucking hate sleeves. It's a real shame sleeves succeeded for CD storage where hard cases like the UMD 8 cases failed utterly and you can find little of them around. NO! Let's be stupid and buy a case where you scratch the fuck out of the cd every time you put it in and take it out.

I bought 200 of these and put 100 in a plastic tray from Target made for silverware. 2 trays hold 100 each.

200 games safe and dust free and easy to page through. Obviously this is for in home storage, but for on the go just grab the ones you want and they will not get damaged or scratched.

255_PUMD-62345_white-02.jpg

The tallest one. Can be bought separately and comes in black or white. It holds 5 rows of 20 the short way. I used 5 rows of 19 for easier paging through them.

41C7AXSQ0NL._SS260_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The simplest solution for a PSP case is damn near any Gamecube game case. For example:

4129SJR5QBL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

This particular one holds 12. I use a multicolored (mostly orange) freebie case I picked up back when Nintendo was doing those fusion tours....buddy of mine won it for me through Mario Party. Works like a charm! PSP games fit nice and snug in these types of sleeves with no lint action to speak of. Give it a go!:bouncy: __________________

[quote name='Knoxximus']

Give it a go!:bouncy: __________________[/quote]

Excellent idea. I have 2 of those floating around my house. I never would've thought of that.

If you wanted to go cheap you could just buy a 3 ring binder and some trading card holder pages. For about $10 you could hold about a hundred UMDs.

[quote name='[email protected]']i have about 60 UMDs any idea wats good 2 hold that?[/QUOTE]

the mini-disc case in my original post holds 48 umds. However the only draw back is that if you hold the thing upside down the discs tend to slip out. have to be careful when toting it around.

bread's done
Back