Amazon Wii Purchase Limit Policy Change

kingofkingsxxl

CAG Veteran
Amazon just changed its policy on Wii orders. It used to be a limit of 3 Wiis per household per calendar month. Now it is 3 Wiis total, period, forever, amen. If you order more than 3 and have them shipped to the same household, they will forever suspend your account and take other actions against you.

Another obvious place to look would be on eBay; and there, there are no limitations.

[quote name='kingofkingsxxl']Amazon just changed its policy on Wii orders. It used to be a limit of 3 Wiis per household per calendar month. Now it is 3 Wiis total, period, forever, amen. If you order more than 3 and have them shipped to the same household, they will forever suspend your account and take other actions against you.

Another obvious place to look would be on eBay; and there, there are no limitations.
[/quote]
I think this is a good policy for the holidays so people can't order more than 3 and just sell them on ebay for a profit. Gives more people a chance to get them.

that's good because I want one, and all this people trying flip Wiis for extra dough is rediculous. Be courteous to the people who are trying to get one. I know people want to make extra money, but I'm glad to see that Amazon is doing something to help those who didn't get one, have a better shot at getting one.

Bravo Amazon. Sometime in the new year I'm really going to start looking for one, I'd like to go with Amazon for the no tax thing and this'll make it easier to do so.

Well done Amazon, I would hope that the B&M stores have also limited Wii sales to one per customer per visit, I remember seeing someone buying 2 at Target once, the last 2 the store had :bomb:

I almost bought three from Amazon on Black Friday, one to keep and the others to sell to other members of CAG.

[quote name='benjamouth']Well done Amazon, I would hope that the B&M stores have also limited Wii sales to one per customer per visit, I remember seeing someone buying 2 at Target once, the last 2 the store had :bomb:[/quote]

That's odd, my Target does limit people to one per visit.

It's good to see that they did this, but sad to see it have to happen. Though I wonder if this will stop people from making new accounts to purchase them. I'm sure people who are determined enough will find ways around it unless Amazon will try to prevent stuff like that.

Sure, you can't stop people from being perfect, but this does make it harder. If you can make items hard enough, it just won't be worth it for the people to buy them to flip them.

This is one of those times where companies and the common retailer fall on the same side. Most people don't want to flip them, and Amazon isn't allowed to jack up the price, so they have no benefit selling to the flippers as opposed to regular customers, so they are siding with the regular customers.

Plus, I like the 3 per household, In all honesty, can you think of any legitimate reason a person would need more than 3 Wii's? I can't.

[quote name='kingofkingsxxl']____________________________________________
Wii vs. XBox360 Vote and win[/QUOTE]
Why is your "sig" part of your post?

Back on topic: I'm happy with this. Though I bought my Wii a while ago.

bread's done
Back