• NeoGeo Pocket Color handheld
• Samurai Showdown 2
• Fatal Fury First Contact
• King of Fighters R-2
• Metal Slug: 1st Mission
• Neo Turf Masters
• Pac-Man

Cheap ass link (Bundle)

Too lazy to look but I think that gameliquidation still has the same item for around the 60 dollar price point.

Edit:I guess I'm not that lazy. Gameliquidation.com is selling this for $59 and change with free Priority Shipping.

That's a pretty good deal. The console itself goes around $60 I believe, and the games are about $5-$10 each.

It would be an even better deal if I had $80 to burn.

Actually, I do not believe the NGPC are worth that much at all. I can usually snag em for about 20-25 bucks or so off ebay.

I was checkin' these out on Amazon. I'm not happy with the fact that the games don't have boxes of some sort. Good deal none the less.

these 6 games are going for 6-12.00 each on ebay right now.

i wonder if the price of them will die down after 100 people put them up on ebay.

either way 60 dollars is a great deal.

is the screen the same as a GBA screen? Hard to see etc ?
or is it backlit?

[quote name='Ivanhoe']these 6 games are going for 6-12.00 each on ebay right now.

i wonder if the price of them will die down after 100 people put them up on ebay.

either way 60 dollars is a great deal.

is the screen the same as a GBA screen? Hard to see etc ?
or is it backlit?[/quote]

No, it does not have a backlight.

I think I saw this same bundle, in the same packaging, at Fry's. it went for $80.

By the way, why is there no "Neo Geo" on the packaging? "Pocket Color Arcade" makes it sound like some cheap As Seen on TV thing.

I picked up just the system for $30 off Amazon a few days ago. It's worth it just to play Card Fighters Clash.

This bundle has been around a long time. I had gotten this deal for my store about 8 months ago.

Its a good deal but dont expect a sudden spree of these on EBay...that already happened.

http://www.mashmods.com is talking about doing lighting mods for NGPC like the afterburner. I got mine from Game Stop in a similar packaging distributed by http://eplayplay.com for about the same price.

I think the only thing that bothered me was that the individual games didn't have instructions but the system itself did and the games came with the plastic protective cases.

And someone mentioned it before but the systems are regularly going for about 25 bucks alone, but the games WITH instructions are a bit harder to find. The games all seem to go for about 10 dollars or more so you're technically getting the NGCP for FREE.

Gosh darn it. I've been fighting off the impulse to get one of these suckers...but I just might buckle under the pressure sometime this weekend.

i'd want to pick the stupid thing up if i didn't hear it was so poor as far as battery life. and i haven't seen an AC adapter anywhere for this thing in a long time. then again, i don't go looking, since i'm broke and lazy.

This deal is even HOTTER. I just remembered reading in another post about a coupon for GameLiquidation and NGPC stuff. 15offneonow gives 15 % off. Credit goes to the other NGPC post in the Request forum.

I just had to pull the trigger for a deal a smidge over $50 delivered.

Major Bump for Cheap Arses and old-school SNK gaming.

Twice I've added this to my cart and twice I didn't click the "confirm" button because I'm not sure it's worth buying. Is the Neo Geo worth buying if one already has a GBA or GBA-SP? For those of you who have both Neo Geo and GBA, would you recommend both? And if so, why? If not, why not?

Apparently I can't make decisions for myself.

[quote name='imacheapasstoo']Twice I've added this to my cart and twice I didn't click the "confirm" button because I'm not sure it's worth buying. Is the Neo Geo worth buying if one already has a GBA or GBA-SP? For those of you who have both Neo Geo and GBA, would you recommend both? And if so, why? If not, why not?

Apparently I can't make decisions for myself.[/quote]

From the time the amazon deal for the NGPC was posted I have been debating the same issue. I am quite happy with my GBA SP but this deal every time I see it its like calling to me. This site is great for getting you deals but dam I'm runing out of money . ](*,)

Will pass on this.

damnit. again. Just read those revies, and the fact i canget sonic on it, i might just have to pick it up. and thanks Ivanhoe for that link, great little site

Sonic is excellent on the NGPC. It takes a lot of the same level designs as Sonic 2 for Genesis but with original levels.

[quote name='imacheapasstoo']Twice I've added this to my cart and twice I didn't click the "confirm" button because I'm not sure it's worth buying. Is the Neo Geo worth buying if one already has a GBA or GBA-SP? For those of you who have both Neo Geo and GBA, would you recommend both? And if so, why? If not, why not?

About whether or not it is worth it if someone already has a GBA/SP. I'm not really sure. The NGPC has some great games but there aren't a wide variety of games. If you like 2D Fighters and Puzzle games and just 2D gaming overall I think it's worth it.

I brought the system from Toys R Us a few weeks ago that came bundled with Sonic and so far, that's the only game I have for the system. I'm having trouble coming up with other games to get because I don't like 2D fighter and I already have quite a few puzzle games on Game Boy Color and Advance.

Metal Slug series is enough for me. I was one of the early adopters to the Neo Geo AES home unit, and I got this even though I am not a huge 2-d fighting fan. But the Metal Slug series is enough for me. Think old-school Contra but much more fun and funnier. And with this deal for the cost of a mediocre current generation game, I just couldn't pass on it again. Yes, even though now of us pay $50 now that we are all CAG, but still. It's a deal and a half.

If you like to collect old school gaming it is, I got the $30 unit with Sonic, don't play it much cause I'm so busy, but it feels good, love the joystick on it, with Nintendo would do it on the next GBA, thinking of this deal for the games, my only regret is I can't seem to get any deals from major stores/sites since the system is DOA.

I bought one of these suckers back when they were new for about $80+ just for the system alone. I also picked up Puzzle Link 2 and Cardfighters Clash SNK edition. I really like this little portable quite a bit...so much in fact that I just purchased the bundle. And yes, I have a GBASP as well.

Dangit dangit dangit !!!

I feel like a recovering drug... err... game addict who's trying hard to stay clean, yet I keep finding irresistable deals posted here, and messages from people saying I should try this drug... errr... game and that game and every other game. And I succumbed once again. I bought the Neo Geo and the 2 game bundles. ARGH!!! :D

Is there a 12-step program for gaming addicts?

[quote name='imacheapasstoo']Dangit dangit dangit !!!

I feel like a recovering drug... err... game addict who's trying hard to stay clean, yet I keep finding irresistable deals posted here, and messages from people saying I should try this drug... errr... game and that game and every other game. And I succumbed once again. I bought the Neo Geo and the 2 game bundles. ARGH!!! :D

Is there a 12-step program for gaming addicts?[/quote]

if there is sign me up

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='imacheapasstoo']Dangit dangit dangit !!!

Is there a 12-step program for gaming addicts?[/quote]

if there is sign me up[/quote]

Yea, I felt like this earlier this week, spent 100 so far for this bundle and 6 ps2 games from other deals this week :p.

Has anyone that ordered this bundle even got anyword that they have shipped yet? I want to order badly.. but I dont know of the sites reputation...

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

[quote name='jecclr']Has anyone that ordered this bundle even got anyword that they have shipped yet? I want to order badly.. but I dont know of the sites reputation...

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!![/quote]

Mine is due to arrive today, err...shortly. I don't have any doubts about the legitimacy of this particular site. Many, many CAGs have bought from here.

I ordered over the weekend and got it yesterday just as advertised. Don't expect revolutionary graphics out of this thing, but appreciate it for what it is. Great deal. I'm hooked on Turf Masters right now; very well done =)

Thanks.. that settles it.. I'm plocking down the $50 and getting it. I have a NGPC already and love it, but I need a new one.. mines beat to hell. And for $50 for the sytem and 6 it's like the system is free.

Time to get my Metal Slug on!

Thanks for the help guys!

It's not a tracking number, it's delivery confirmation. Occassionally USPS will update it prior to delivery, but it is mostly to insure that the package arrives at its final destination.

Got my order already. Very quick. Only one problem ordered two games. Puzzle Link 2...which was fine. And Cardfighters Clash - Capcom version.

Got the SNK version (which I already had). I e-mailed them to find out what I need to do to get the right game.

I'll keep you posted and let you now how the customer service is....

My 2 orders shipped on the 15th and 16th via media mail. Since they're in California and I'm in Virginia, it probably won't be here until late next week.

Thunderscope, are you sure it was Priority Mail? Did you pay $3.85 for shipping? They ship for free via media mail (free shipping is nice even if it's slower), but I think you have to pay if you want expedited mail. They charge $3.85 for it, which is surprising since that's what it actually costs to send things via Priority. Most companies would add on a few extra bucks to that fee.

If you look at their web-site, after some time over the weekend, the free priority delivery only applied to the purchase of the unit with 6 games package and the concurrent purchase of a NGPC 4 game pack. This is clearly on the web-site. I imagine that after the posting here at CAG, that the overload of orders for the system has forced them to make the adjustment.

[quote name='lurknomore']If you look at their web-site, after some time over the weekend, the free priority delivery only applied to the purchase of the unit with 6 games package and the concurrent purchase of a NGPC 4 game pack. This is clearly on the web-site. I imagine that after the posting here at CAG, that the overload of orders for the system has forced them to make the adjustment.[/quote]

That's some crazy bull right there, I ordered the NGPC system plus some extra games, so intead of them sending the system priority (LIKE PROMISED) and everything else Media, the WHOLE thing comes as Media Mail now....

I guess I can forget about getting this over the weekend now.

[quote name='Roufuss'][quote name='lurknomore']If you look at their web-site, after some time over the weekend, the free priority delivery only applied to the purchase of the unit with 6 games package and the concurrent purchase of a NGPC 4 game pack. This is clearly on the web-site. I imagine that after the posting here at CAG, that the overload of orders for the system has forced them to make the adjustment.[/quote]

That's some crazy bull right there, I ordered the NGPC system plus some extra games, so intead of them sending the system priority (LIKE PROMISED) and everything else Media, the WHOLE thing comes as Media Mail now....

I guess I can forget about getting this over the weekend now.[/quote]

I am not defending them, but just go look at the web-site. It is clear that they made the change for the Priority service. If it explicitly said otherwise when you made your purchase, I would give them a call...but otherwise, you are SOL and you should learn to read everything carefully before pressing the "send" button. It doesn't matter what is written here as merchants may change "deals" at their discretion as long as they are explicit in doing such.

bread's done
Back