Contest (CAGcast #99) Win one of 3 PS2 Console+Buzz bundles from UGO and the CAGcast

Does the fun ever start.

This is part of the reason I stopped playing Super Paper Mario, on top of all the text I think I was an hour in before the game even started.

Posted by Kfoster1979 on 12/06 at 10:52 AM

Need more Wombat?

Wombat, CheapyD better watch out or you might surpass him in internet celebrity-dom. You should do something like shave your head to make yourself look more distinguishing in preparation of your greatness.

Posted by Scott on 12/06 at 11:05 AM

Where do I apply?

Chris Walken Sounding Ninja, missing finger on the wrong hand, the ninjas and the pirates having teh same whiteboard...Damn I could produce something like this! AWESOME!
crap...I knew about that phone call.

Posted by youruglyclone on 12/06 at 11:12 AM

what's up with the weird time on the timestamps...isn't UGO on Eastern Standard Time?

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/where_do_i_apply/

WOW. That WAS high school A/V club quality. Can’t they be doing something like getting my 360 fixed (again)? Assassin’s Creed does not live up to the hype, and as widely reported, it is repetitive. But I grew up playing Moon Patrol and Wizardry, so by comparison to the games of my childhood, the gameplay & mechanics are pretty similar. As a completionist, it’s pretty satisfying to see climb all of the towers in a district or save all of the citizens, but I can see why others wouldn’t like it. It’s a good game, but it’s not a real AAA title like Gears, Oblivion, Halo, or Mass Effect.

Posted by Cursor on 12/06 at 11:12 AM

Does the fun ever start

i know how you feel. i personally dont mind if there filling you in with important story structure, but when they cut away to showm you that “the right analog stick moves the camera” and “press the X button to jump” gets a bit ridiculous, thats stuff they should let you find out on your own.

Posted by sublime90 on 12/06 at 11:25 AM

Need more Wombat?

Good to see you getting around Wombat.I’ll check it out.
Posted by DawgOnU on 12/06 at 11:31 AM

Wombat's Blatant Abuse of Blog Power

May have not been able to listen to it live, but I’m listening to it now.

Posted by fieldkillah on 12/06 at 11:35 AM

Glad you are getting around more! Viva la Wombat!

Posted by Sancho1978 on 12/06 at 11:45 AMPage 1 of 1 pages

Done and done! Thanks again!

Where do I apply?
With all the time and money they spend making these wonderful videos, it’s a shame they can’t build a console that actually functions properly.
Posted by liquidcross on 12/06 at 11:50 AM

From "Assassin's Creed Doesn't Suck"...
"I also enjoyed the game. It was a little slow I found but most of the reviews I read were really strange. The game should have got a 7.5-8.5 in my opinion. That is still a very good score. The problem with Assassin's Creed was that it was over-hyped. It was being hailed as GOTY at E3 2 years ago when it was just in video form. Its still worth a rent if you haven't played it yet."

From Wombat's Blatant Abuse of Blog Power:

Keep that cash flowing to CheapyD! =p I hear Japan is expensive

Posted by Dacool561 on 12/06 at 12:04 PM

Need More Wombat:

I even encourage a UGO podcast for Wombat!
Wombat Total Media for the win. WTM FTW.

Posted by Blaine on 12/06 at 12:04 PM

Where Do I Apply?
Wow.........I wonder what these guys actually do at their jobs then?

I too would love to work there.

go ninja go ninja go!
Posted by genneo on 12/06 at 12:55 PM

Need More Wombat?

Way to go Wombat, I will check this cast out after I get home from work. Hopefully it brings an even larger fan base to the Wombat following
rasberry.gif

Posted by Mars10 on 12/06 at 12:59 PM

More Free Crap From Microsoft

I downloaded all of these. I may not sue them but they are free so why not.

Posted by FoxHoundADAM on 12/06 at 01:00 PM

I agree I dont have that much time to play and then to have to sit through an hour of intro to even get to the 12 hours of gamplay is painfull sometimes. If you think about it though with Mass Effect it is not an established franchise like halo 3 where you know the story and just want to shoot M.F.ers it may need that time so we dont complain about the storyline. Who knows?!?! THERE YA GO.

Posted by Jeffrey Andersen on 12/06 at 01:00 PM

Where do I apply?

Oh no!! Ninjas vs. Pirates DODGEBALL!!!
I don’t know if they were trying to mock this game, but if they weren’t, they just reminded me of one of the worst games that is coming out…

Posted by IGC on 12/06 at 01:17 PM

There u go!

Sorry guys, you've been lied to your whole life.....The Simpsons is crap. The truth shall set you free.

Does the Fun Ever Start

Amen brother! I think Persona 2 is particularly guilty of this. Great game, but I would actually like to play it in the first hour.
Posted by Virgil on 12/06 at 10:41 AM

I would also like to point out that I made this before I heard about the contest.

More Games to Waste your Day With

[quote name='iowaholdem']
Best game to waste away my day? TG Motocross from http://www.teagames.com Man that game wastes so much of my time!
Oh yeah, I’m listening to the live CAGcast right now and putting in my entry. Though I do like regularly checking our your blog here.[/quote]

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/need_more_wombat/

Yes I would like more Wombat, so I’m happy to see him getting around. However, I would like to see even more of him around my house. Yes daddy it is me, your son. You do remember me right? You know the guy you never played ball with. The guy you said was just like his crazy mother.
Well dad. I still love you and want to see you come home. If that is not possible I guess I’ll just see you on the net.
Love your son, Baron

Posted by Baron Of Hell on 12/06 at 01:44 PM

Need more Wombat?

It’s nice to see our favorite wombat getting out and promoting himself.

Posted by crazyfoot491 on 12/06 at 01:58 PM

Does the Fun Ever Start

"I totally agree. I remember when the instruction manual was actually used. It told you the controls not some horrible tutorial that many experienced gamers don't even need."

Posted by CardThrower21 on 12/06 at 02:25 PM

Does the fun ever start.

Without the obligatory instructional tutorial, I would never know aliens are to be shot, zombies eat brains or that ninja pirates are bad dudes. Thank you interruptible cut scene!

Posted by juvo on 12/06 at 02:47 PM

Great job cheapy and wombat! May the force be with you.

Posted by Mr_Plow on 12/06 at 02:57 PM

Here's my entry.

From Where Do I Apply?

That’s was pretty good, but I liked Mass Effect’s video better.

Maybe Ubisoft isn’t taking as big of a risk as you may think releasing Assassins Creed during the holiday, instead of Tom Clancy’s Fill-in-the-blank Part XV.
Games like Splinter Cell, GRAW, and Rainbox Six are going to sell well whether they are released 12/1 or 6/1.

For a new franchise, I think releasing the game during the holidays, when shopping dollars spent are at their peak, would be ideal, so long as the game is solid and the marketing dollars are there.

Posted by WaltJay on 12/06 at 02:59 PM

Does the Fun Ever Start.

All cutscenese should be skippable and re-watchable in a “movie theater” option on the start-up screen.

Posted by hufferstl on 12/06 at 03:13 PMPage 1 of 1 pages

bread's done
Back