i was in my local blockbuster tonight and they had a ps3 deal for 599.99

here is what you get.

80gig ps3
extra controller
surfs up on blu ray
motostorm
30 instore rentals
ps3 remote
another free game of your choice *this might be too good to be true???? can you get gh3 for free with it*

not sure if this is a good deal but you figure @ 5.29 w/tax for 30 rentals = 158.70

might bite on this not sure yet but might be worth checking out with that free other game

p.s there is no fine print or restrictions hence why i said gh3 for free.

let me know what you think

[quote name='leehom']mine as well pick up rock band instead, haha.[/QUOTE]

thats what i am saying on this. it seems kinda strange but no fine print or restrictions so i guess it could be a go.

Is this a regular Blockbuster or a Gamerush Blockbuster? I've never heard of regular stores carrying systems of any kind but I'd be on the lookout if they were starting too. Also, I'm trying to decide if I should merge this into the BB/GR thread.

Also, where are you getting the $5.29 for rentals? Is it old-gen stuff only? As far as I know, the rental pricing is 2 for $10 for old stuff (PS2/GC/Xbox) and $6.99 for the PS3/360/Wii. I would assume the rentals they give you with the PS3 would be valid for PS3 games at least. That makes the value of the rentals even greater, though personally I'd have no use for that many of them!

[quote name='blitz6speed']Dont forget the 5 free blu-ray in the mail also[/QUOTE]

kinda thought this was a given @ this stage but i will add that too lol

this is a regular bb non gr. just seems like one of those 2 good to be true things. my wife is asst mgr and this just came though today. she said this new ceo wants to start selling system, ipod and such so no clue as she has as little details as possible.

she works tommorrow night i will post what she finds out for me

[quote name='whitedeath']this is a regular bb non gr. just seems like one of those 2 good to be true things. my wife is asst mgr and this just came though today. she said this new ceo wants to start selling system, ipod and such so no clue as she has as little details as possible.

she works tommorrow night i will post what she finds out for me[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Any chance this is a franchise store and not corporate run? You can tell by the receipts (and I'm sure your wife knows!). You mention the new CEO so I assume corporate (unless it is the CEO of the franchise company ;)).

In any case, this needs to go in the main thread so people with GR can verify if this is going on there as well.

[quote name='whitedeath']
not sure if this is a good deal but you figure @ 5.29 w/tax for 30 rentals = 158.70
[/QUOTE]

But what moron pays full price for rentals? You can get a month of game rentals for $22 and rent many games with that.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']But what moron pays full price for rentals? You can get a month of game rentals for $22 and rent many games with that.[/QUOTE]

ask my wife there are people who refuse to sign up for online or movie pass trust me. she has a hard time selling rewards and that is 10 bucks a year.

ok now if it is game rentals 8.47 * 30 = 254.10

just called and the guy told me its says a 30 week rental card. nothing else wow this is shaping up pretty good i see

After reading about this great deal, I had to go tonight. I changed from pajamas to street clothes and rode to my local BB. When I got there I was told that they don't sell systems only games. I guess when I am at work tomorrow on the other side of town I will try another BB.
I am not really sure why I want one though. I just purchased my first PS2 last week, with a $20 dollar memory card and $30 wireless controller not to mention a few games.

this is an especially good deal considering that i can unload leftover bb credit. The only problem with this is that each store will probably get 1. if that.

edit, i dont really want a ps3 that badly, maybe for the blue ray player.

if BB had any Wii in stock i would rather just use the credit on that.

[quote name='dracula']this is an especially good deal considering that i can unload leftover bb credit. The only problem with this is that each store will probably get 1. if that.[/QUOTE]

And probably a very limited number of non-GR stores will have them at all, even if this is national. My local BB doesn't sell ANY new games, let alone systems. The only one I know of in the area that sells new games only sells a handful of the newest releases.

This deal is slightly tempting.... even if it includes a lot of crap. 30 movie rentals would be awesome unless they are blu-ray.... (no HD tv)

[quote name='nefaquotek']This deal is slightly tempting.... even if it includes a lot of crap. 30 movie rentals would be awesome unless they are blu-ray.... (no HD tv)[/quote]

The PS3 will still play blu-rays on SDTVs. I know I tried it on one of my Standard sets.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']The PS3 will still play blu-rays on SDTVs. I know I tried it on one of my Standard sets.[/quote]

True but I'll feel slightly cheated. Actually I'm not even sure I have an SDTV, all my telivisions are abou 10 years old. Gosh TV tech confuses me so much....

[quote name='nefaquotek']True but I'll feel slightly cheated. Actually I'm not even sure I have an SDTV, all my telivisions are abou 10 years old. Gosh TV tech confuses me so much....[/quote]

Sorry by SDTV I meant Standard Definition Television.

like i said before my wife will check into it. this is a presale item only so if they get 10 presales they get 10 packages i guess.

no dice in west los angeles store. but they are a small gamerush store, the one on venice might have some. But really it is a rare occasion to find systems at BB/GR at all.

promo_ps3Bundle.jpg

PURCHASE AND SAVE $135 ON THE PLAYSTATION 3 BUNDLE! GET YOUR GAME ON!
This steal of a deal includes:
  • 80GB PS3 Hardware
  • Action-packed PS3 game Motorstorm
  • Fun Family Blu-ray DVD Surf's Up
  • Blu-ray Remote Control
  • A 20-week Blockbuster game or movie Rental Card
  • 6 ft. HDMI Cable
THIS SPECIAL PS3 BUNDLE PACK IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE IN SELECT STORES ONLY. Call your local store for details!

i copied and pasted that from blockbuster this deal is real but there is no extra controler and only a 20 week rental card

I was the blockbuster on friday and say a sign they printed up on microsoft word saying "ask about our awesome PS3 bundle for 599. Coming Soon".. etc.

I will have to go by there again and see some details. I just kind of ignored and walked by it now expecting a good deal @ blockbuster.

There's neither a free controller nor a second free game. You're paying $100 for Surf's up BD, the BR Remote, and a HD Cable and rental card, 'cause the 80 gig one already comes with that game nobody wants.

I saw these at BB while holding $540 credit in my hands and voted no.

Yeah, wow, the lack of the extra game and controller takes it from a decent deal to an anti-deal. Like you are actually paying extra for that. I mean, I don't value the Surf's Up Blu-Ray at $30 like the DVD Talk poster. I'd say that is worth no more than $10. Same for the HDMI cable (is that an extra that is not included with the system?). BR remote - OK, $20. That leaves you paying essentially $60 for the rental card, which appears to be only for BR or PS3 games. Even if it was for every type of rental I'd end up only using half of them (I assume it is a use-it-or-lose-it weekly rental card). And since I have pretty much unlimited free rentals from Coke Rewards points I wouldn't pay $60 for that.

On the plus side, if any of my local BB stores (no GR around here) has this it would be a way to spend my otherwise useless BB credit. I certainly wouldn't give them actual money for this though ;).

[quote name='humzai']how come you have soo much bb credit?[/quote]

Best Buy/GameRush has a wonky-ass pricing system for trade ins and oftentimes will have a trade in value double (or even higher!) what you can buy something for.

FarCary from the K-Mart Clearance, bought at $7, nabbed $23; up until tomorrow, Madden '06 (bought at $4 from GameStop) and Beowolf ($20 new at GameStop & Wal-Mart) each traded for $8 and $35, respectively.

OK, I'm going to close down this thread since this is now an official Blockbuster promotion (it is on their web page) as found by soriku:

http://www.gamerush.com/promos/promo_ps3Bundle.php

Please continue discussion of this in the BB/GR thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156195

More specifically, this is the page it starts on:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156195&page=55

Those of you not familiar with Blockbuster/Gamerush used game trading may want to check out the thread anyway. You might find a way to make this bundle a bit cheaper as BB gives the best trade-in values of any used game store. And yes, nearly all regular Blockbuster stores accept game trades, not just Gamerush locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back