Amazon DotD: Tomb Raider Anniversary (Wii)- $19.99

I really hate this time of the year. My wallet is getting low thanks to these deals

thanks op nice pickup at that price

Can't afford to jump on this deal. I just quit my job and I still have more X-mas shopping to do... :(

Stupid Walmart, anyway...

[quote name='freakyzeeky']LOL, it already went up in price. :p[/quote]

It didn't go back up in price; that's Target's price being listed now because Amazon's stock is gone. Rest assured, more stock will come back in anytime now.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']LOL, it already went up in price. :p[/quote]

Wow, it didn't even last 90 minutes. Guess we'll wait and see if it comes back in stock or if get replaced later on today with another "deal".

Freakin' Woot-Off is gonna have me up all night, might as well keep an eye on this now as well to pass the time.

Oh man that's awesome. I decided to get the 360 version, but want to get this one cheap just to see how it plays. $20 is pretty hot. But for me, to be a CAG, I have to go much lower. $10 is where I'll bite. (I understand this may take a year or so)

This game doesn't let you just use the classic controller (or some more normal control scheme) does it? I really really want Anniversary, but the Wii version's supposed to control worse th an the others, and have some minor graphical issues the Playstation 2 version doesn't...but that's $10 more.

Reviews are all over the place on the controls -- some say it's great, some say it's clunky. I've found reviews for Wii games to be all over the map, so you really have to try it yourself to see what you think.

I've been trying to decide between the 360 and Wii versions of this game for a few weeks now, so I might go ahead and pick this up if it's down to $20 and back in stock again.

Just managed to order it fine, so it IS in stock at the moment. A great deal--I've never played a Tomb Raider game before, so this seemed like a logical (and fun!) place to start. :)

Eh, for $20, I'm in. I've been meaning to play this, and I'm willing to gamble on the Wii version.

And, to get the free shipping, I added on two pink pencil erasers, and 'WWF Attitude' for the Dreamcast, because I'm excruciatingly awesome. ;)

I grabbed two. I was having a hard time convincing myself to leave it alone at $30 yesterday. But with this, I have to get one. And my friend was saying he wanted to pick it up at launch. I hope he didn't pick it up because this is going to be his Christmas gift, along with Katamari Damacy.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I heard the Wii version is not great compared to 360 Version.[/QUOTE]
And the 360 version barely looks better than the PS2 version :p

[quote name='MorPhiend']I hope he didn't pick it up because this is going to be his Christmas gift, along with Katamari Damacy.[/QUOTE]
Will you be my friend too?

Trying to find 5 dollar filler..

edit:Forgot Amazon was pricematching Serenity CE for 8.99, double win for me.

[quote name='whoknows']And the 360 version barely looks better than the PS2 version :p[/QUOTE]

So....which version didn't you play? Because the 360 version is leaps and bounds ahead of the PS2 version.

[quote name='bickle']So....which version didn't you play? Because the 360 version is leaps and bounds ahead of the PS2 version.[/QUOTE]
I didn't say it, Gametrailers did.

And I had the PS2, but from watching their video review it really doesn't look that much better.

Eh, I don't have a 360 yet, so this is good enough for me.

Also, they already shipped my order. I'm impressed, I don't remember Amazon being that fast. :applause:

[quote name='MorPhiend']I grabbed two. I was having a hard time convincing myself to leave it alone at $30 yesterday. But with this, I have to get one. And my friend was saying he wanted to pick it up at launch. I hope he didn't pick it up because this is going to be his Christmas gift, along with Katamari Damacy.[/QUOTE]
Does that mean you found it at $29.99? Anyway, no worries if he bought it already, amazon has an amazing return policy.

The 360 version has better graphics, but they are a small improvement nothing special. The Wii's version seem better than the PS2 but not by much either.

The controls on the Wii version are great, I don't see why anyone would dislike them.

[quote name='sdp']The 360 version has better graphics, but they are a small improvement nothing special. The Wii's version seem better than the PS2 but not by much either.

The controls on the Wii version are great, I don't see why anyone would dislike them.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it, but from the reviews I've read they sound frustrating. I think the lock on works better in the context of this game, and then having to manually drag the camera around sounds dreadful. Obviously I might completely change my opinion if I played it, but I wish this also supported normal controls, since the Wii HAS a normal control pad available for it!

That way you could try both ways and just do the one you like best, and all you'd miss out on are the better graphics in the PC and 360 versions.

[quote name='KingBroly']I got it. Not a Tomb Raider fan, but I thought I'd try[/QUOTE]

Have you tried Legend? These new games are a whole new thing. IMO they've FINALLY fixed the gameplay, and made them what they always should have been. I mean I liked the atmosphere and ideas behind the original, but it controlled terribly and was too frustrating, but these new Crystal Dynamics games fix that. Legend was one of my favorite games last year, and I can't wait for Legend II.

i dont get it, today there were 2 deals of the day with lair, and tomb raider?

plus the special christmas deal of the day which was the ps3 40 gig plus strangldhold?

getting confusing, im pretty mad i missed out on this for 19.99 dam

[quote name='hollow2g']this deal is over.[/QUOTE]

Uhh.. I think we all knew that...considering this was a Deal of the DAY...some days ago...:lol:...

bread's done
Back