CAGcast Live Show Idea - Your thoughts?

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here's an idea I'm kicking around...

What if we continue the normal pre-recorded shows but add an additional live "wrap-up" show a day or two after the normal show is released. The wrap-up show will focus on taking calls.

If anything really exciting happens during the wrap up show, we can include the audio in the next "normal" show.

Your thoughts?

I think its a great idea. Cagcast once a week just isn't enough. I have resorted to listening to old Cagcasts. Damn it Cheapy, why did you have to go back and add those Navy ads. I had heard those same 3 Navy ads a hundred damn times now. (Urge to join Navy rising..........rising..............)

I heard some audio that sounded like someone's own audio in the background everytime one of the 2 of you tried to talk...I couldn't take it after an hour and left.

Sounds like a great idea, maybe some live interviews with folks from the gaming industry. I doubt a whole show based on peoples random calls will be appealing after half an hour.

It's a good idea in that the topics will be fresh in the listeners' minds (provided their minds are fresh at the time, too), but it won't put them in the position to come up with something relevant and thoughtful immediately. It's difficult for 'Listener X' to play off of the topic their call is following, but it's even worse when they derail the momentum with a semi-relevant and/or uninteresting question.

While this sounds crazy coming from a skeptic like me, I think more live shows is the only sound alternative to no live shows. I think there's a 'rhythm' missing from the call-in segments simply due to a lack of repetition, and a lack of users playing off others' calls*, building a CAGcast vernacular in the process. A great example of this would be "The Jungle" and "The Clones" on The Jim Rome Show.

As long as you two are up for the 'overtime'.

*--Although, the only thing worse than calling stoned and directionless is calling to reference how you're supposed to be stoned and directionless. Yeah, I did it in a post, but that's making the point while not taking up airtime. Maybe someone like Patton Oswalt could pull it off, but not any of us. So let's stop that right now.

Good Idea Cheapy, I like live calls cuz my chances are bigger ( of getting questions answerd)

cool idea, i'm not sure if it'll work but we should try it once at least. i really like chatting with the CAG guys. some of them are normal , lol...

btw, if someone calls in and acts like a jerk, not only should you hang up, you should temp ban them from the chatroom too. :)

great idea. i really enjoyed the live cagcast 99 and you had alot of people there watching. the more live shows the merrier

You want to make the worst bit of the show an optional download?

Fantastic idea! Trim the fat Cheapy.

I couldnt watch, because it was on at 1 in the morning over here. I really want a live show, but if your catering for the americans, and it has to be a reasonable time in japan, I think I'll just stick to non-live shows, and wont be a selfish jerk. enjoy your live show americans, cos' us europeans can TRADE STARS FOR WII POINTS. ha!

You should just broadcast your shows live, and keep an eye on a chat-window that live-listeners can join in on.

No calls.

Great idea, but are you willing to do it? I guess it can be a separate series of podcasts, or maybe just title them as "CAG Calls Live".

Ya and itll be on another channel from the regular cagcast, itll be like Cag 100, and cag 101!!!!!! and we can have crazy alice call in!!! But in all seriousness i think it would be great. if you could convince wombat to do it. Hes always tuckered out. Hes on a one way ticket to tucker town.

I like the idea, but I don't think I would actually set the time aside to 'tune in' and listen. I would like if you made it available, even without much editing later on.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I like the idea, but I don't think I would actually set the time aside to 'tune in' and listen. I would like if you made it available, even without much editing later on.[/quote]

yea, Cheapy should offer an unedited and edited version on itunes. i dont think everyone wants to go to NowLive to listen to the undedited version. DO IT!

bread's done
Back