DAMN, i guess DC is considered ol skool gaming.....

don't damn sega, damn all the idiots who said "WOW, this system is great, but I'm gonna wait for ps2 cuz it's gonna be so much better!"

It's pretty hard to continue on when your company is bankrupt.

EDIT: And damn all those pirates who literally took the money out of Sega's pockets.

It's more than just the pirates. Sega wasnt too kind to themselves either. Im actually glad they are just software now. I cant imagine trying to keep up with 4 consoles.

Remember when dreamcast wasn't for sale and you could only rent it at hollywood video? I kept it and overpaid for it. So I was one of the first to own a DC. it doesn't even have the modem. It was most disturbing when they dropped out of the game. Anyway... DC'ers Unite!!

Well, you can also damn Sega's marketing department [oh wait, did they have one?] and whoever had the idea to release the, Saturn?, to TRU weeks before anyone else. And of course the Stolar/Ireland battles, those were ugly.
Oh yes, and the Sega CD and 32x. I actually own both of those....bought new...I liked the Sega CD, it actually had a lot of good, original, fun games, but the 32x was an insult. That was the beginning of the end, I believe.

Sega made a couple systems after 32X.
There was the portable Nomad and that other combo machine that enabled ppl to play Sega CD, 32x and genesis games all in one small system.

There was the portable Nomad and that other combo machine that enabled ppl to play Sega CD, 32x and genesis games all in one small system.

The "Neptune" never came out. Was rumored, but it never happened. EGM had a great April Fools joke a while back revolving around it with a phony website to order one and everything.

sega console's i own

Master System[1+2]
Genesis
Sega Cd [too bad i only have 2 games for it. Lunar 1+2]
Nomad [eats batteries like a mofo]
Game Gear
Saturn
Dreamcast

i remember when the DC got canned. jan 2001, a few days before[maybe after]phantsy star online first came out. i just got the system that x-mas, then a month later, its dead. it sold stupid systems that x-mas season too. i still play my DC all the time, where else am i gonna play 2-d fighters????

on a side note, i have no burnt DC games, nor do i own a PS2. or a xbox.

Dc actually had a revival in sales and was up on the market a little longer to the strong 2k series. After Jan 1.

Another reason for Saturn's marketing faliure over here in the states was they released it before letting 3rd party companies know....and before it had 3rd party games.

didn't the neptune come out in australia and south america???? i saw this system you could play master system,genesis,and saturn games in one system, its also came with the original phantasy star collec. [that actually had pt 4]

that would be sweet to have.

I bought a DC after I bought a PS2. I was very unhappy with the quality of games: Gamebreaker, Eternal Ring, Track and Field, driving emotion,Timesplitters were utter crap, IMO, so I bought a DC and a handfull of games for cheap.

I still play Marvel v. Capcom regularly. Confidential mission is probably my favorite shooter of all time. I am very happy with my first Target clearance purchase for $55.00 back in January of 2001. I got another one for $50 as a backup in case my primary ever dies, too.
The graphics are practically as good as the PS2, unfortunatelly, Sony wins the controller war by far. I even bought a controller adapter so I can use the PS2 controller on the DC.

[quote name='gamereviewgod']

The "Neptune" never came out. Was rumored, but it never happened. EGM had a great April Fools joke a while back revolving around it with a phony website to order one and everything.[/quote]

I believe he was talking about the CDX/X-EYE and made a mistake regarding the 32X bit..

ive had 3 dreamcasts since it came out, i love the system and i still remember all the anticipation i felt before it came out. i dont think i even felt that much about any other next gen system. dead or not, its still a great system in my book.

Code:
I believe he was talking about the CDX/X-EYE and made a mistake regarding the 32X bit.. [/quote]

I figured that, but tossing a bit of useless knowledge out there is always fun. :D

bread's done
Back