CAG Gaming Group - Call of Duty 4 Thursdays

ThatDamnDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
COD4 Thursdays will be the spiritual successor to Rainbow Six: Vegas Thursdays that we ran a few months ago and had a pretty good turnout actually. With the way that COD4 has really taken off over the past few weeks, I think it's the perfect game to involve a large portion of the CAG community in.

With the friend of a friend feature and our CAG clan nicknames, it should be easier than ever to get a game night going. Instead of having to post in this thread about being interested and hoping to add the host to your friends list, all you have to do is add this nickname: CAGCOD4

With that nick, you will see all of the other CAGs interested in COD4 gaming. We can either get someone to host (my schedule is too erratic to warrant that) or simply use the party system to go to other public games in groups. I would say finding a host would be best, but the party option exists when no one steps up.

I'm open to suggestions on a starting time. 9 PM EST has been the customary time for most of these gaming nights, so I'll float that as the first possibility. I wish there was an easy way to track stats from these gaming nights (maybe there is, I don't know) so we could post them. Who knows, we could even evolve this into a true clan for COD4 that runs as a group on a regular basis.

Anyway, thoughts are always appreciated.

If you want to be listed for these game nights or for COD4 gaming with CAGs in general, please send a friend request to CAGCOD4.

Hell yeah damndave, good idea.

Why wait til 9pm? Alot of HS and college aged CAGs are avail all the time and I know I get home at 5pm and play alot then.

Either way Im friends with CAGCOD4 so lets fill up a 12 person room with CAG clans mems....and then dominate!

Will send a friend request later on, just got the game yesterday. Doubt I'll make it tonight, but maybe next week or in between.

I suck at online FPS games anyway!

I sent out a few friends invites to those on the CAGCOD4, Whats a good time to get on? Im cooking some food right now (Medium Rare Tri Tip Steak, Mesquite broiled with Garlic, onions and Lime juice, Garlic and green onion Mashed potatoes and a big heaping full of BBQ stewed Green beans, and a Six pack of Modelo Negro to wash it down)

If I can borrow my cousins copy of COD4, then yes, I am in. Although I will not be able to play on Jan. 3rd, as I will be watching the Orange Bowl.

[quote name='linkpwns']Haha, I forgot about this, Sorry for not coming to the game Twen.[/QUOTE]

It's okay, it's just the fact that I only ever see a few CAGs on at a time actively playing disappoints me. It's usually a combination of me, CheapyD, fullmetal 720, and Mystic Heat, and that's about it. Unless there's a lot of people playing without the CAG clan tag.

[quote name='twen']It's okay, it's just the fact that I only ever see a few CAGs on at a time actively playing disappoints me. It's usually a combination of me, CheapyD, fullmetal 720, and Mystic Heat, and that's about it. Unless there's a lot of people playing without the CAG clan tag.[/QUOTE]

I signed up tonight & was planning to play but I sat here and feel asleep around 9pm est, but my brother (M Rated) and I are on most evenings from 9:30-12 pm est His gamertag is sedated LION, I'll have him send CAGCOD4 a FR. We were doing the GGL 4v4 tourney but a teammate had to drop out so we'll be free. : )

I know IKohn, me (Heath the Beef), Jim Foley, leetsnax, kuga, joe, and some other CAGs were on for a good while last night, we were doin pretty well too.

I know I'll be on a lot once I get back to my broadband and 42" plasma (currently out of town for the holidays).

An update on the CAGCOD4 list: 99 Members. If you want to get on, I suggest you do it like...right now.

[quote name='pittpizza']I know IKohn, me (Heath the Beef), Jim Foley, leetsnax, kuga, joe, and some other CAGs were on for a good while last night, we were doin pretty well too.[/quote]

I tried to hook up with you guys yesterday, but i always got kicked out of the room or i got en error message saying that i couldnt connect to the Host. Im still waiting on the Headset i ordered to replace the one i broke so maybe some other time...Im usually on a lot because...well currently i didnt have a Job during the evening so i was free for a lot of time.

Tried to join into the game, but completely forgot to save my game data when switching. Got so annoyed at losing the data, I just got it back, then got off.

Damn there's a lot of people on the CAGCOD4 friends list now!

I don't suppose there's a way to send multiple friend requests at once? Or is that not really necessary and you just look in the friend of friend section and see who's playing? I'm not really sure how this works.

I just saw this and posted a request to join. I am not that great, but I do like COD4 though. What's the deal with "friend of a friend"? I must have missed what this is and how it works.

[quote name='biscuit']I just saw this and posted a request to join. I am not that great, but I do like COD4 though. What's the deal with "friend of a friend"? I must have missed what this is and how it works.[/quote]

You now have the ability to to view another persons friend list on Xbox Live, if they so choose to allow you to. We have these Silver accounts made so that we can all add them, then view the friends list of that Silver account. This way we dont all have to be friends with each other. Like they have said, its not perfect, but this beats adding everyone on CAG.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Damn there's a lot of people on the CAGCOD4 friends list now!

I don't suppose there's a way to send multiple friend requests at once? Or is that not really necessary and you just look in the friend of friend section and see who's playing? I'm not really sure how this works.[/quote]

You don't have to go into the full friend profile for each person you want to invite. Just hit X when highlighting their name on the CAGCOD4 list.

Using the Xbox Dashboard(Guide button), add "CAGCOD4" as a friend. When he accepts, you enter the profile and check the friends to see everyone else.

[quote name='ddrpower']Using the Xbox Dashboard(Guide button), add "CAGCOD4" as a friend. When he accepts, you enter the profile and check the friends to see everyone else.[/quote]
Oh, alright, I thought it was somehow part of the actual game #-o

Thanks.

[quote name='yukine']I think the list is full though, so I'm not sure what the plan on that is.[/quote]

Is there a limit to how many friends you can have?

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Is there a limit to how many friends you can have?[/quote]

All gamertags have a hard limit of 100 friends.

I should be able to get on this week. I already have a few of you on my FL, and I'm on CAGCOD4. Send an invite my way if you see me log on.

I'd appreciate it if someone who got on to CAGCOD4 would send me a friend request, or vise versa. I'm not sure who got on and who didn't, so just let me know if I can add you.

I just hope this goes better then last time I got to play with some CAGs on there. Live was being a pain in the butt, and it's even kept some friends from joining other games I was in. Hopefully it running smooth for me yesterday is a good sign for tomorrow night.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']There are some CAGCOD4 spots left last I checked, so send in a friend request if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

I sent a friend request. Hopefully, there is still some room.

bread's done
Back