Is the Nykp Perfect Shot any good?

I have a pre-order with Amazon, but I don't think any retailers have it in stock yet. The reviews have been good though; I can't wait to try this out with Ghost Squad and Link :D

This is what the zapper should have been. It looks fantastic.

Now if Nintendo sold Link's Crossbow training without the Zapper, it would make my day. Oh well, I still have RE Chronicles to use with this.

It looks like its competitor the W14 Piranha Gun.. except less clunkier.

mod_blog_15.jpg

http://www.consoleshop.nl/images/product/image.php?id=51541&dimensionid=1&shopid=6

[quote name='Suraph']I have a pre-order with Amazon, but I don't think any retailers have it in stock yet. The reviews have been good though; I can't wait to try this out with Ghost Squad and Link :D[/QUOTE]

It's been in stock in my area but sold out everywhere.. the closest I came to getting one was at Sears!

[quote name='CouRageouS']Looks pretty cool except I don't get the orange tip for a white and neon blue gun. $14.99 is an okay price as well.[/quote]

I hate the orange tip but it's the law that any toy gun has to have an orange tip on the end so people don't get it confused with a real gun. That only effects the united states I think.

I ordered 2 from Amazon, but they won't ship until after xmas. Doesn't matter to me, it'll be great to play Ghost Squad with these.

It looks neat, minus the orange, but I already have 2 Zappers and I really do like the Zapper.
But I do own Ghost Squad. So if these are ever on the cheap (yes, LESS then $15) eventually I'll gladly pick 1 or 2 up.

C'mon! Don't sell well!! I want to buy 2 of them for $8!

[quote name='lilboo']It looks neat, minus the orange, but I already have 2 Zappers and I really do like the Zapper.
But I do own Ghost Squad. So if these are ever on the cheap (yes, LESS then $15) eventually I'll gladly pick 1 or 2 up.

C'mon! Don't sell well!! I want to buy 2 of them for $8![/QUOTE]

They are $13 on Amazon.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it would be easier to aim with the orange tip. Seems it would be quicker to line up since it offsets the white color on the back of the gun.

Just ordered one Perfect Shot from Buy.com. Also there is a review up on amazon from someone who actually has it. Very positive.

Waiting for it to show up in stock on amazon or in-store. Still no signs of it yet.

Will probably have to wait till after the New Year.

Update on preorders of the Perfect Shot @Amazon, it looks like some of them shipped out today. So if you are interested - get your preorder in. They probably won't show in-stock until they have the pre-orders fullfilled. Cheers!

I have a $10 credit thanks to Ghost Squad. Now I don't know if I should apply that and get a 4gb memory stick pro duo for $37.99 OR get this for $2.99 :lol:

Wow, that looks pretty nifty. I've been toying with buying Ghost Squad, and this might make that an easier decision.

The only problem is fights over who gets the Perfect Shot, and who gets the Zapper.

Looks like it would be easy to take apart and repaint. This will sound odd, but The Wife would probably prefer that it be gunmetal gray.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']anyone able to locate one of these in any B&M stores ?[/quote]

Same question, I hope to get the Resident Evil shooter as part of the GS b2g1f sale and I don't have a gun yet..

bestbuy.com has them available for in-store pickup... so yeah

edit: its ghost squad they have for in-store pickup.. lol

oh crap im sorry, they dont have it, i was looking at ghost squad,

buy.com does have it for 13 + shipping, but with google checkout you can bring it down to 9.xx shipped

[quote name='AdvOfJet']anyone able to locate one of these in any B&M stores ?[/QUOTE]

Maybe about a week ago at Sears I asked if they had a handgun for the Wii, they asked me if it was the Nyko one and told me they do.. They showed me where they kept them but were sold out apparently. The employee helping me seemed really surprised by it.

A similiar thing happened to me at Fry's around the same time.

At gamestop, I've had one person tell me they've seen it and helped me to look.. All they had was the zapper and blaster but he did seem pretty confident they had it earlier.

I live in the California Bay Area btw!

Hmmm. I ordered this on Amazon (for $2.97, hooray gift certificates) and still hasn't shipped.

I check the website and it says:
Availability: In stock on February 3, 2008. Order it now. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Only 1 left in stock--order soon (more on the way).

That's for the product, not MY order FYI. So anyone who ordered it a few days ago..will have to wait until February...?

I received mine just now from Amazon (shipped Friday). Initial impressions are quite positive :D I'll let you know once I've gotten more of a chance to play with it (durn you XMas lunch/dinners)

[quote name='Foo228']damn it...why does it ship in february?![/quote]

I just got one from amazon. I would guess they didn't have any and Feb was the best guess. Then they got some and shipped them. Where ever they are getting them from probably doesn't have clear ship dates.

I ordered one of these from Amazon a while back. Mine still hasn't shipped, but neither has my $20 Ghost Squad from last week. So I'm okay so far. :)
[quote name='lilboo']It looks neat, minus the orange, but I already have 2 Zappers and I really do like the Zapper.

C'mon! Don't sell well!! I want to buy 2 of them for $8![/quote]Sorry, but I really don't get why you are constantly crying out for quality, 3rd party Wii products to sell like crap. I know your stupid comments aren't going to effect the market, but if you like Nintendo at all and are aware of their state since the SNES, I would think you would want 3rd party products on Wii to outsell 1st party things. You make me angry. Like kittens... with spikes.

Still awaiting my Perfect Shot from buy.com. Shipped out and expected delivery on the 27th. Anymore playtime from those of you that have it? Thanks.

[quote name='MorPhiend']
Sorry, but I really don't get why you are constantly crying out for quality, 3rd party Wii products to sell like crap. I know your stupid comments aren't going to effect the market, but if you like Nintendo at all and are aware of their state since the SNES, I would think you would want 3rd party products on Wii to outsell 1st party things. You make me angry. Like kittens... with spikes.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how I'm constantly crying out for quality 3rd party Wii products to sell like crap. How many other times? Seriously.

For the record I DID use my $10 gift cert on Amazon for this and bought it at a price that's fair for me..$2.97 :D Sorry, but I do think Nintendo makes better products so I'd much rather get what I believe is a better product..then spending money just to support somehing. I have 2 zappers and I'm a big fan of how it looks & feels.

Really don't see how any of this could make one angry..but then again..I really don't know about people these days.

I played with it for about 15 minutes. Works great. I like it better than just the wiiremote alone. Played a little Ghost Squad and calibration was spot on. I played the the game by holding the gun up to my eye and looking down the gun sight.

I ordered the perfect shot back with Ghost Squad and RE:UC when those games were on sale and got it on 12/24. I've only used it so far on GS and after getting the calibration set, it works perfectly! I would highly recommend it. The connection for the nunchuck is under the grip where the magazine would slide in.

Just got this e-mail from Amazon

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on December 22 2007 09:07 PST (Order# xxxxxxxxxxx): "Wii Perfect Shot Gun" [Video Game]Estimated arrival date: 02/06/2008 For more details, please visit the Your Account section of our web site(http://www.amazon.com/your-account). You can also reach Your Accountby clicking on the link in the top right corner of any page on our website.

Feb 6? No thanks. I'll be canceling shortly

I just got mine today, my first impression (unless i am missing something) this thing is NOT strap friendly. I had to take off the strap in order to plug in the wiimote. Other than that, the little orange strip everyone seems to be complaining about doesnt bother me much and everything else seems to be pretty good. The vibrate for recoil should be stronger, but thats another issue.

got mine in.. I like it much better than the wii zappers. Resident Evil UC user must use the perfect shot it plays much better especially reloading which on the zapper you have to shake the whole gun (messing up where you are currently aiming) with the perfect shot you shake the nunchuck seperately.

Got my two Perfect Shot guns yesterday, my copy of RE is currently being shipped so I can't try it out yet. Hopefully going to a friend's tonight so I should be able to try them out with him on his copy of RE.

Has anyone seen these at B&M stores? None of the employees at GS seem to know what I'm talking about either.

[quote name='$hady']Don't know how reliable it is but here is the guns webpage with store locator. http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=124

Looks like just Buy.com & amazon.com :(

Buy.com it's $12.99 + shipping or about $9 after $10 google checkout thing and shows as ships in 1 or 2 business days. Didn't order yet though so that may change.[/QUOTE]

thanks, ill try it in the morning

hopefully they don`t pull the same crap amazon did

[quote name='Dwapook']Maybe about a week ago at Sears I asked if they had a handgun for the Wii, they asked me if it was the Nyko one and told me they do.. They showed me where they kept them but were sold out apparently. The employee helping me seemed really surprised by it.

A similiar thing happened to me at Fry's around the same time.

At gamestop, I've had one person tell me they've seen it and helped me to look.. All they had was the zapper and blaster but he did seem pretty confident they had it earlier.

I live in the California Bay Area btw![/quote]

I'll try looking at my Sears and Fry's tomorrow, but I highly doubt I'll find them... here's to hoping though! I really want to play Ghost Squad with it =)! I was gonna order from Buy.com but their shipping totally kills it, and I don't have the Google Checkout $10 off anymore.

I went to GS today and the employees had no idea what I was talking about, they were even surprised that a third party was making a gun accessory-- maybe newbies?

No doubt, asked at a few Memphis stores, but that's another case all together....

The guy at GS informed me that he didn't know, that he was "a 360 fan boy and built computers" when I asked....errr....ok. :)

Nobody seems to know what it is. I gave up and ordered at Buy.com.

[quote name='Kirra']Has anyone seen these at B&M stores? None of the employees at GS seem to know what I'm talking about either.[/QUOTE]

Gonna order some stuff buy.com

Seems like they are the only ones who actually have it in stock. At least I get $10 off for using GCO.

bread's done
Back