Fox/MGM Blu-ray BOGO Sale - Amazon.com

Damn, this deal isn't as sweet as previous BR B1G1 deals. For one, the discs are mostly $28 titles. I got so used to the sweet $20 or $24 titles. I guess I'm passing this one.

i would be tempted to pick these up if the motherfuckers at Sony included DTS-MA decodng in the ps3

Snagged Die Hard 2: Die Harder and Die Hard: With A Vengeance to go with my recently acquired Die Hard.

Probably will give my dad my old DVD collection.

[quote name='goatindaruffness']I was hoping for Ratatouille :eek:(
-Goatman[/quote]

What part of Fox/MGM implied Disney or Buena Vista? Let's be more alert people. :nottalking:

[quote name='goatindaruffness']I was hoping for Ratatouille :eek:(
-Goatman[/quote]

That's the same one I was looking for.

since its fox i was hoping for Pathfinder and Cast Away, maybe they'll add them.

Mrs Smith + FF: ROSS too, but I guess I can get those at best buy, amazon woulda been much cheaper

This is an awsesome sale, contrary what some of you think. When was the last time there was such a large roster of FOX flicks?

I grabbed both of the 28 x Later movies.

about time...sucks that most of them are $27.95 but that $5 coupon makes up for it if you are using Amazon Visa

got
28 weeks later
28 days later
speed
AVP
Die Hard
Die Hard 2
Die Hard 3
Day after tomorrow
Kingdom of Heaven
Fantastic Four
X3
Robocop

basically works out to $11.50 a movie after ordering in pairs of 2 with the coupon

[quote name='Jedi1979']about time...sucks that most of them are $27.95 but that $5 coupon makes up for it if you are using Amazon Visa

got
28 weeks later
28 days later
speed
AVP
Die Hard
Die Hard 2
Die Hard 3
Day after tomorrow
Kingdom of Heaven
Fantastic Four
X3
Robocop

basically works out to $11.50 a movie after ordering in pairs of 2 with the coupon[/quote]

i have an amazon visa, what 5 dollar coupon?

dvdsave5...you need $50 purchase but it counts the purchase before the free dvd is applied so instead of $27.95 it is $22.95

[quote name='DestroVega']i have an amazon visa, what 5 dollar coupon?[/quote]Coupon code is DVDSAVE5 I think.

EDIT: Oops, answered.

[quote name='WebScud']This is an awsesome sale, contrary what some of you think. When was the last time there was such a large roster of FOX flicks?

I grabbed both of the 28 x Later movies.[/QUOTE]

Its been going on for a month now at Fry's everyday, and Amazon had a BOGO of Fox/MGM titles before. Die Hards are the only new notable selection. I was really hoping for Castaway as its the only Fox catalog title I want. Bugger.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Its been going on for a month now at Fry's everyday, and Amazon had a BOGO of Fox/MGM titles before. Die Hards are the only new notable selection. I was really hoping for Castaway as its the only Fox catalog title I want. Bugger.[/quote]Stop being dumb, this is the biggest offering from Fox yet.

It's more than double the selection with 47 titles now.

No Castaway sadly so Rescue Dawn, and Edward Scissorhands for me.
May get two others.

[quote name='dallow']Stop being dumb, this is the biggest offering from Fox yet.

May get two others.[/quote]

:applause: :lol:

i just added Rescue Dawn and The Usual Suspects to my long list already...this sale couldnt have come at a better time for me since the wife was looking for stuff to buy me

wait...47 Titles? i only see 44

[quote name='vrs1650']If they only had all four Die Hard movies.[/quote]

I have the BD boxset. Honestly? I would rather but the three individual flicks on Blu-ray and the unrated DVD. It's great to have Live Free or Die Hard in HD, but the differences between the two cuts are too large to ignore. As soon as the snow lets up I'm heading down to Best Buy to grab the unrated steelbook.

[quote name='WebScud']I have the BD boxset. Honestly? I would rather but the three individual flicks on Blu-ray and the unrated DVD. It's great to have Live Free or Die Hard in HD, but the differences between the two cuts are too large to ignore. As soon as the snow lets up I'm heading down to Best Buy to grab the unrated steelbook.[/QUOTE]

i watched both

difference isn't really that great

i would rather have HD and good sound vs a couple of f words

[quote name='dallow']Stop being dumb, this is the biggest offering from Fox yet.

May get two others.[/QUOTE]

Because they added Die Hard 1-3 its the biggest selection yet? 90% of these movies have been BOGO before. Not sure why this selection is oh so great.

[quote name='Jedi1979']dvdsave5...you need $50 purchase but it counts the purchase before the free dvd is applied so instead of $27.95 it is $22.95[/quote]

ugh, wish i knew last week when i bought 6 in the blu ray BOGO... oh well..

[quote name='Jedi1979']dvdsave5...you need $50 purchase but it counts the purchase before the free dvd is applied so instead of $27.95 it is $22.95[/quote]

When is the coupon good until? I want to pre-order some other blu-rays....

[quote name='homern3d']Excellent deal when buying 2 movies and applying DVDSAVE5. ~$11 a disc is awesome! :O[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more...picked up Die Hard and Die Harder...with coupon.

Stupid sales.

Too bad there's no smith or castaway.

I am so happy Recue Dawn is on the list. Picked up that and Scissorhands.

[quote name='rsigley']i watched both

difference isn't really that great

i would rather have HD and good sound vs a couple of f words[/quote]

Poo. The comparison review I read made it sound way different. There's definitely more blood and such based on screen shots I saw.

I think I missed this the last time around so this is new to me with these titles. A lot of good ones if you don't already have them - I'm so glad Rescue Dawn was on there.

Now I just have to figure out how many to order...

damnit i just picked up 28 weeks later @ best buy. I could have pickup something else because I cant find a second movie to go along with the 28 days later from amazon.

[quote name='RandyTsai']damnit i just picked up 28 weeks later @ best buy. I could have pickup something else because I cant find a second movie to go along with the 28 days later from amazon.[/quote]

Err, how bout 28 Weeks Later?

[quote name='sephiroth61787']When is the coupon good until? I want to pre-order some other blu-rays....[/quote]

The DVDSAVE5 code is good until 2/7/08 according to the ad with my Amazon VISA bill. (It says "Limit one offer per customer", but it appears to work multiple times for now.)

[quote name='Serpentor']DVDSAVE5 is no go for me, trying to order Brook and Museum... they fixed the glitch or something?[/QUOTE]

Enter it at the final checkout page, not at the payment page.

Hmm, I just bought Kingdom of Heaven + Usual Suspects, got the BOGO, free Super Saver Shipping, + another random $5.37 off for "BN promotion" (I didn't put in a coupon or anything). Two Blu-rays for ~$22 shipped is a steal. Thanks!

Any chance we will see more movies up by tonight, and see 20 buck ones ? Man im so mad at myself I missed on the previews blu-ray special so many good movies !

Screw Fry's. They have like, two locations on Earth, and the last time I ordered from their site, it took over a month for them to get two popular titles back in stock, and one of them had a busted case.

I ended up getting 8 titles from Amazon.

BTW, is Edward Scissorhands are unofficial part of the sale?

[quote name='Megalith']Screw Fry's. They have like, two locations on Earth, and the last time I ordered from their site, it took over a month for them to get two popular titles back in stock, and one of them had a busted case.[/quote]

Not to mention Fry's complete rip-off shipping charges!

bread's done
Back