50% off all games at Big Fish Games!

Yes, it is a casual games site, but they also carry a lot of point-and-click adventures, RPGs, and strategy games like Risk that were commercial releases that are now downloadable...

And as for casual games, they are the makers of Mystery Case Files games, which are excellent, and they have all the PopCap games like Peggle etc for $12 with the coupon.

$12 is better than spending $30 for the exact same games on DS and PSP... Half the games coming out for those platforms (especially DS) are at Big Fish in better and cheaper forms...

They have a lot of great games. Most of them are fairly short though. And, there is no resale value like console games. If a particular game is available on the psp or ds, you would probably be better off getting that and then re-selling when you are done....

But, if you prefer PC games, this is a great deal. I used to play them all the time, before I got my 360...

Another great thing with Big Fish Games is their Game Club. With that, you can buy their games in bulk for as little as $6.99. Unfortunately, that coupon code doesn't work with Game Club. I usually save my Game Club credits for when they release something special like Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate or Aveyond 2 last week. Aveyond 2 is a Japanese style RPG for PC...50 hours of playtime for $7...not the greatest graphics but the gameplay is good...

[quote name='Otty Ott']Another great thing with Big Fish Games is their Game Club. With that, you can buy their games in bulk for as little as $6.99. Unfortunately, that coupon code doesn't work with Game Club. I usually save my Game Club credits for when they release something special like Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate or Aveyond 2 last week. Aveyond 2 is a Japanese style RPG for PC...50 hours of playtime for $7...not the greatest graphics but the gameplay is good...[/QUOTE]

I'm in gameclub too and plan on grabbing Aveyond 1 and 2. Odd that it's not listed in their "list all games" option. I wonder what else is not listed in there but a part of their games site? They come up fine when I do a name search. odd

Big Fish is weird about that. They only list their top 200-300 games at any time on their site. Older ones, like Aveyond 1, get dropped from the listings but are still available through search... I guess they want the focus on newer products...

They also have some commercial adventure games like Return to Mysterious Island and Safecracker, as well as some indie games like Avernum 4.

SAVEFORTY coupon has been extended through December 31.

You can also use DETECTIVE for 50% off, making all games $10...not sure how long that coupon lasts...

werid internet exploer (or whatever its called LOL) wont allow me to get into the site.

firefox will

a lot of their games can be played online for free. i almost got the golf game until i found out i can play online for free on their site

[quote name='slidecage']i cant even log onto big game fish.

Man i want that golf solitare game. i would pay 10 in secon for that its a fun game[/quote]

Fairway Solitaire; well worth $10.

[quote name='Otty Ott']The free online versions are very limited in levels etc...[/QUOTE]

so far i dont see a difference.... plus i had to reboot my pc and all of the free trials i download wont work. all of my pogo games still work but bigfish dont. so i wont be spending cash there

Sorry you're having problems with it. The games work fine on all my PCs, so it probably is your specific configuration.

With the free online games, the graphics are way smaller, there are a lot fewer levels, sometimes there are features missing, like powerups, bonuses etc. And you have to deal with all the advertising BS... I like the game trials better myself. See what the game is really like for an hour and then use their Game Club to buy something I really like. Game Club is as low as $6.99 for a game.

The SAVEFORTY coupon expires tomorrow... not sure when the DETECTIVE coupon expires...

Nibiru: Age Of Secrets gets rereleased tomorrow. Today's release is Blokus World Tour.

wait,.. peggle IS on BFG? i searched last night and couldn't find it. i recently got Puzzle Quest from them and it worked great so i was gonna get in on Peggle too..

edit: found it. maybe i was too tired when i searched at 4am last night, lol

one more game for my work laptop :)

You can say whatever you want about casual games, but PopCap rocks. Peggle, Chuzzle, Zuma, Bejeweled, Venice, Talismania, and my favorite...Hammerheads Deluxe... that game is a great stress reliever. Smash the heck out of garden gnomes!

All their games are $20, so Puzzle Quest would be $10 with the 50% off. If the DETECTIVE coupon is no longer working, there are other ways to get it for $10. You can subscribe to their Game Club to get 2 games for $20, buy a prepaid card for $20 that's good for 2 games, or go to Hallmark.com and send a free e-card that includes a code for 50% any game.

DETECTIVE definitely works for 50% off, or $10 a game. You can even have multiple games in your cart and it will drop all of them to $10. If you do the Game Club, you can get them for as low as $6.99 a game, depending on how many you will commit to buy.

BIG FISH GAMES home page:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/index.html?afcode=af7f87502da6

And you can install the games on multiple PCs! You can always go to your account on their web page and redownload any game you've purchased.

Sounds like a must buy! hehe

They just released "The Sims Carnival: SnapCity" It's like a simplified version of SimCity. Looks a lot like one of the early versions of that game...

Just bought Bookworm Adventures for my girlfriend. It's a really great game and I was able to use the DETECTIVE coupon for 50% off.

Bookworm Adventures takes the Bookworm play mechanic and sets it into an almost RPG-like setting. It isn't as flashed out as Puzzle Quest, but it is still really fun. You battle monsters from Greek mythology by finding words in grids. The longer the word, the more damage it does. When you complete levels you gain new skills and powers that make you stronger and do more damage. It is really well done. Definitely worth $10...

Bookworm Adventures
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/2455/bookworm-adventures/index.html?afcode=af7f87502da6

Got it. Great game! Not as good as Puzzle Quest but damn good. I picked up Fairway Solitaire, too. If you like to golf, Fairway is really fun!

Yeah, I love Fairway Golf, too. It's still just jazzed-up Golf solitaire, but it's cool how they added in sand traps and water hazards into the card layouts and such. And it is sort of like an RPG in that you can customize your character and give him extra powers with new equipment etc.

I think it is really great that these "casual games" are getting more in depth and adding more strategy etc into them. Well, at least some of them are.

Yeah, Mystery Case Files games are great and Madame Fate is the best yet. They are still the best hidden object games going. And at $10 it is a steal...

Big Fish just released Big City Adventure: Sydney Australia, the 2nd in that hidden object series. the first game, Big City Adventures: San Francisco, was definitely one of the better games in that genre. So if you like Mystery case Files, you'll probably like Big City Adventures, too.

Big City Adventures: Sydney Australia
http://www.bigfishgames.com/downloa...dney-australia/index.html?afcode=af7f87502da6

Big City Adventures: San Francisco
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/1530/bigcityadventuresa/index.html?afcode=af7f87502da6

Remember, you can use DETECTIVE to get 50% off if you decide to get them after the trial.

bread's done
Back