Mispriced Phoenix Wright figures in San Mateo, CA

Ichiban-kan in San Mateo is selling the unopened wholesale version of these figures at the same price of the individual figure boxes, $2.50!! Meaning, it's the box that contains 8 figure boxes. As long as the box is not opened you're guaranteed each of the 7 figures. Here are pics for a reference.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-01-49-en-70-1dal.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phoenix-Wright-...oryZ1345QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The catch is that you need to have this particular old lady ring you up. Yes, she doesn't know any better, but that's the price the barcode reader comes up with on the wholesale box. She tends to work there weekday mornings until 2PM.

Yes, my moral fiber is non-existent.

Could you provide the address, or even better, get a box for me? I'll send you a bit o' money for compensation. I have a feeling San Mateo might be a bit far for me.

[quote name='squid']Shoot, that would be worth the 2 hour drive for me..[/quote]

Eh, not for me, it's like a 5 1/2 hour drive :/

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I'm Going Tommarow.

I guess I'll post how it goes.[/quote]

If you can nab it for the same price, you think you could do a favor and grab a box for me? I'll gladly compensate :D

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Eh, not for me, it's like a 5 1/2 hour drive :/

If you can nab it for the same price, you think you could do a favor and grab a box for me? I'll gladly compensate :D[/quote]

I will try my best!

I wanted to know, if all the OP did was grab it , and go pay with the "Old Lady."
Did she do a price check or anything?

Sorry for not noticing the thread activity sooner (an unusual 10-day gap between the 1st & 2nd post). I've managed to send out a couple boxes to CAGers at 1 per person, and prioritizing based on who responded first. Sadly, I have a backlog of folks waiting, and I haven't noticed that Ichiban-Kan restocked in the past week on the figures.

Hopefully Veronica has some good news. Here's the yelp.com info: http://www.yelp.com/biz/ichiban-kan-san-mateo Now I wonder if their San Francisco location is well-stocked. If any of you make it to San Mateo, be sure to not only check near the register, but also in the middle-back section of the store.

Yes, the old lady just scans the wholesale box barcode, so be sure to help her find it on the box. And try to time it so that no one else is behind the counter to correct her.

There have been a couple times where I didn't want to miss out, so despite not having the lady around, I would just concede to being rung up at the 'proper' price of $20 for the wholesale box. IMO it's still a great deal. Also, if you want to keep your wholesale box sealed, and the old lady is not around, but sure to bring an indivdual figure box to the counter too. Some of the younger workers will insist you open the wholesale box. You can just have them scan the small box 8 times instead.

FYI, in the last couple visits, I noticed they also have the Capcom Companion Characters figures as well as some wrestling figures that I don't recognize (though they kinda have a Fist Of The Northstar look about them).

I'm still waiting for one!
BAD NEWS.

Hopefully we're talking about the old lady.
She scanned the box, it came up 2.50, then she did X8.
So it came up to 20+.

So, Add me to the list.

Ps. The old lady had glasses, I didn't catch her name.
But she had black with white hair, and glasses.
Probably in her...60's?

I also saw those other figures.
The one's I saw were cammy, and some girl from Dalkstalkers.

Also, all the PW boxes they had were open. She said come back next month.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Also, all the PW boxes they had were open. She said come back next month.[/quote]

I'm fine with an open one as long as I can get em' all :D

She said come back next month eh? :whistle2:k Well that's tomorrow :D

Lol.
Trust me, I tried.
They will not sell it to me.
Maybe I have the wrong "old Lady."

POST A PIC OF HER

I will try again, but I doubt.
Hopefully , He'll send me a box , lol.

Edit: If someone wants me to grab them one for 20+, PM me.
But I doubt it, since Normalmode is able to get it cheaper.

What time Should I go NormalMode? Maybe I'm going at the wrong time?

[quote name='normalmode']Sorry for not noticing the thread activity sooner (an unusual 10-day gap between the 1st & 2nd post). I've managed to send out a couple boxes to CAGers at 1 per person, and prioritizing based on who responded first. Sadly, I have a backlog of folks waiting, and I haven't noticed that Ichiban-Kan restocked in the past week on the figures.

Hopefully Veronica has some good news. Here's the yelp.com info: http://www.yelp.com/biz/ichiban-kan-san-mateo Now I wonder if their San Francisco location is well-stocked. If any of you make it to San Mateo, be sure to not only check near the register, but also in the middle-back section of the store.

Yes, the old lady just scans the wholesale box barcode, so be sure to help her find it on the box. And try to time it so that no one else is behind the counter to correct her.

There have been a couple times where I didn't want to miss out, so despite not having the lady around, I would just concede to being rung up at the 'proper' price of $20 for the wholesale box. IMO it's still a great deal. Also, if you want to keep your wholesale box sealed, and the old lady is not around, but sure to bring an indivdual figure box to the counter too. Some of the younger workers will insist you open the wholesale box. You can just have them scan the small box 8 times instead.

FYI, in the last couple visits, I noticed they also have the Capcom Companion Characters figures as well as some wrestling figures that I don't recognize (though they kinda have a Fist Of The Northstar look about them).[/quote]

If they ring up the Capcom Companion figures wrong too let me know, I need to finish my set of those since the place I was buying em from sold out. >_>

The Bad News: While they did manage to restock, I couldn't find the old lady after a couple visits. I didn't want to miss out so I just dropped $20 for each wholesale box. Also, I'm still working through the PMs who responded during the first week after my initial posting.

The Good News: Yes, they did restock. I managed to get 6, which is all they had.

BTW, this has been the pricing I've working with:
Initial payment: $20
Tax: $2 (rounded up from $1.65)
Parcel Post shipping $6
Finder's fee: $2 (it's not a big deal, as I eat lunch in that neighborhood almost every day).

$30 work for you all?

If any of the 6 I responded to don't reply within 48 hours, or elect to wait for me to find the old lady after another restocking, I'll be sure to let you guys know.

[quote name='normalmode']The Bad News: While they did manage to restock, I couldn't find the old lady after a couple visits. I didn't want to miss out so I just dropped $20 for each wholesale box. Also, I'm still working through the PMs who responded during the first week after my initial posting.

The Good News: Yes, they did restock. I managed to get 6, which is all they had.

BTW, this has been the pricing I've working with:
Initial payment: $20
Tax: $2 (rounded up from $1.65)
Parcel Post shipping $6
Finder's fee: $2 (it's not a big deal, as I eat lunch in that neighborhood almost every day).

$30 work for you all?

If any of the 6 I responded to don't reply within 48 hours, or elect to wait for me to find the old lady after another restocking, I'll be sure to let you guys know.[/quote]

Aww man, I hope I'm next in line after the PM's I guess. I was the second to post on the thread, I just never PM'd you :(

Yeah, just to clarify, I'm prioritizing in order of response, regardless of PM or thread reply. So sdp would be next, followed by Veronica (who PMed) and then Inf^Shini, and so on.

I'd be grateful if someone could snag a box for me as well. I don't really mind paying the $30 if you can't pick them up for cheap. I'm sort of a Phoenix Wright collector, so I'd like to add this to my collection.

I really want a set of these too! Sorry I replied all late... :(

:)

If anyone manages to pick up a set and wouldn't mind parting with it for a price, let me know.

I'm also interested in one.. If anyone is selling the set, please PM Me. [I've been looking for one for quite a while];

I hope I get 1, I hope I get 1...

Thanks.

Edit: Also PM sent.

Squid, your reply certainly counted. Again, I'm including both thread replies and PM and prioritizing based on who responded first.

On a side note, one person just declined on my $30 quote, so everyone is moved up one place.

DAMN!
I Wanted a cheap set!
Let me know when it's my turn.

Thankies tho for remember me.

BTW: I can always buy it for people also, but, I have to charge Full retail price, since the old lady did work out for me the times I've went.

(Not Trying To Steal Thunder)

[quote name='Veronica Mars']DAMN!
I Wanted a cheap set!
Let me know when it's my turn.

Thankies tho for remember me.

BTW: I can always buy it for people also, but, I have to charge Full retail price, since the old lady did work out for me the times I've went.

(Not Trying To Steal Thunder)[/quote]

is the old lady still working there? I want to see if I could get the price mistake this weekend.

YES. That is EXACTLY what the situation is. Me and the GMILFs.

But seriously, I'm still waiting on payment from two folks. One warned me he'd be a little late, while the other has not responded. I'll give the latter the end of the weekend before I move to the next person.

[quote name='normalmode']YES. That is EXACTLY what the situation is. Me and the GMILFs.

But seriously, I'm still waiting on payment from two folks. One warned me he'd be a little late, while the other has not responded. I'll give the latter the end of the weekend before I move to the next person.[/quote]
I'll be waiting :D

[quote name='normalmode']
But seriously, I'm still waiting on payment from two folks. One warned me he'd be a little late, while the other has not responded. I'll give the latter the end of the weekend before I move to the next person.[/quote]

Please do.. I hope my name will come up soon.

Actually, I have a minor one. I managed to take a better mental picture of the old lady. She has glasses, a bob-cut and a mix of black and gray hair. There aren't any other elderly employees that look like that I believe.

I had stopped by yesterday, but no Phoenix Wright. I did want to see how she'd ring me up if I brought over the Capcom Companion figures, but that time, she caught on. Either she's been educated on how these wholesale boxes are rung up, or that there's Japanese text on the box to indicate that there are multiple items in the box. Wishful thinking persisting, we might still get away with the Phoenix Wright price mistake because there's very little text on the wholesale box.

Sadly, both CAGers did follow through with their payments, so no one get's moved up a space, but I'll be sure to update when there's a restock.

So I guess that means I'm next in line ^_^

If either Veronica or normal can get it for me, I'll go to whoever can get it first ^^b! Just let me know how much it would cost ME and we can go from there.

If this goes through, and someone winds up with an extra Phoenix figure, you will be well compensated with the appropriate amount and a big hug.

Just a really quick update. I managed to snag a few more AND I was rung up for $2.50 again (same lady). I'll sort through the list when I have time later today. I'm sorry everyone, but things got complicated when people opted to pass on the boxes I paid $20 so they could take advantage of the $2.50 deal.

If some of you locals are interested, there were three opened wholesale boxes if you want to take a chance on the individual figures.

bread's done
Back