What stores/companies are you boycotting?

dpatel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Any stores/companies that you would never buy from no matter what.

For me, I would never rent or buy new items from blockbuster. I just recently got a job there so I get free rentals, but if I weren't, I would never buy from them. They are way too over-priced. Even with my 20% discount, our new dvd's cost more than places like best buy or circuit city. And we charge 7.03 for game rentals, what the shaq-fu is up with that. I can't believe people pay that. The problem is, there aren't many alternatives.

Another store would be Abercrombie & Fitch or American Eagle. I hate how expensive they are. Some of my friends spend $100 and get a pair of jeans and 2 shirts. If you do shop there, chances are, you will someone else wearing that same shirt on someone else since EVERYONE shops there (at least around here). They just put random stuff on their shirts and put an abercrombie logo on it and it sells like crazy. I could probably take a crap on a shirt and people would buy it as long as it said Abercrombie on it somewhere.

Any of you have stores that you would never shop at no matter what?

you don;t seem to like where you work. I have found great deals at bb for games. Just got to know how to make the deals work for you. I never buy new movies from them just ncause walmart sells them for so damn cheap opening week.

Just a heads up AE isnt expensive abercrombie is but, but yeah just about all of their screened T's suck

[quote name='dpatel']Any stores/companies that you would never buy from no matter what.

Another store would be Abercrombie & Fitch or American Eagle. I hate how expensive they are. Some of my friends spend $100 and get a pair of jeans and 2 shirts. If you do shop there, chances are, you will someone else wearing that same shirt on someone else since EVERYONE shops there (at least around here). They just put random stuff on their shirts and put an abercrombie logo on it and it sells like crazy. I could probably take a crap on a shirt and people would buy it as long as it said Abercrombie on it somewhere.

Any of you have stores that you would never shop at no matter what?[/quote]

I'm boycotting all retailers who have no products I desire for a price I find reasonable. I'm very active yet it takes no effort at all.

[quote name='dafoomie']Walmart, Bestbuy, Bank of America... probably some more.[/quote]

I agree I will go out of my way to never go to BB again. However I'm curious why you will be boycotting Walmart?

Buy.com for being dishonest about their items being instock

and

Bestbuy.com for to many backorders to count and for sending the wrong product

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']kinda cutin down the slection cutting out those two dafoomie[/quote]
EB is a block away, CC is the same distance as BB, Target is next to the BB, GS isn't far either.

I don't live somewhere that the only store within 100 miles is Walmart. In fact, there isn't a Walmart for about 20-30 miles.

[quote name='FrankySox'][quote name='dafoomie']Walmart, Bestbuy, Bank of America... probably some more.[/quote]

I agree I will go out of my way to never go to BB again. However I'm curious why you will be boycotting Walmart?[/quote]

Are you kidding? Walmart is the most fucking evil company on the face of the planet...

Promoting cheap labor
Screwing Mom and Pop store
Banning Unions
Shit pay
Health Care is a hoax...

They just suck

^_^

Not really boycotting, but I rather not shop there.

1. Abercrombie & Finch. I'm sorry, but the clothes are ugly and expensive. Most of their models are naked anyway. Why advertise clothes when most of their models are naked? I just don't understand. I do own some Abercrombie & Finch clothes, but my sissy gave them to me. Free clothes are better than a $40 T-shirt anyday.

2. Walmart. They're cheap, but not really a kind of company I would like to support.

3. Best Buy. They're okay if they don't always harass me to subscribe to their magazine every freaking time I try to buy a DVD.

I was boycotting K-Mart because of a fight I had with an employee in line during black friday a few years ago... front page of add said ALL BOARD GAMES B1G1F and they were trying to tell me that ALL does not mean ALL and that the game I had should not have been on the shelf. I did not shop at K-Mart for about 1 1/2 years after that.

... and then Best Buy because they delivered -my- Toshiba HDTV to someone who purchased one -after- me and then made me wait 3 weeks...
I made them knock $100 off of the TV and pay for the delivery.

[quote name='FrankySox'][quote name='dafoomie']Walmart, Bestbuy, Bank of America... probably some more.[/quote]

I agree I will go out of my way to never go to BB again. However I'm curious why you will be boycotting Walmart?[/quote]
There are too many reasons why...
They treat their employees like shit. They treat their customers like shit. They destroy small business, they are the biggest factor in our massive trade deficit with China, the biggest factor in manufacturing jobs going to China. They don't carry the morning after pill and many don't carry contraceptives (which really hurts people when they're the only store around after they've destroyed every other local business). Did I mention they hate their employees? Not just the passive disdain that most retail companies have, but a really strong hatred and loathing for their employees. They knowingly hire illegal immigrants. And Bush wants to pass a law that lets them legally hire Mexican immigrants, pay less than minimum wage, no benefits, and almost no labor law protections. Basically second class citizens designed for Walmart.

The meatcutters at Walmart tried to form a union because they were getting reamed in the ass. You know what Walmart did? They fired all the meatcutters nationwide. They only carry prepackaged meat now.

I hope Sam Walton is rotting in hell next to Hitler and Hussien's sons.

[quote name='bignick'][quote name='dafoomie'] In fact, there isn't a Walmart for about 20-30 miles.[/quote]

Thats just inconcievable!!!![/quote]
Walmart doesn't like Boston, and doesn't want to expand in New England. You know why? High real estate costs, and regional chains are fighting them tooth and nail. Another supermarket in the company I work for has a store right next to one of the Supermarket Wal-Marts, they share a wall. Not only are they profitable, they're kicking Walmart's ass. And they're not beating them on price.

I forgot McDonalds... Though I don't eat at McDonalds anymore for health reasons (food should not make you sick), and less for business/moral reasons.

[quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='bignick'][quote name='dafoomie'] In fact, there isn't a Walmart for about 20-30 miles.[/quote]

Walmart doesn't like Boston, and doesn't want to expand in New England. You know why? High real estate costs, and regional chains are fighting them tooth and nail. Another supermarket in the company I work for has a store right next to one of the Supermarket Wal-Marts, they share a wall. Not only are they profitable, they're kicking Walmart's ass. And they're not beating them on price.

I forgot McDonalds... Though I don't eat at McDonalds anymore for health reasons (food should not make you sick), and less for business/moral reasons.[/quote]

There are a handful off of 495 outside of boston

Suoer Size Me really killed the McDonalds experience for me

I boycott A&F clothing store and mcdonalds, burger king, taco bell and etc... Since most fast food restaurants like mcdonalds have grade F meat and rotten chicken like most places.

McDonalds, Walmart, Gamestop (unless they've got a really great deal on something, or I need a title that day and they're the only ones in town who has it) Fry's (if it weren't for the fact they had great deals, they hire some total jackasses as employees, but so does most of retail, and their return policies suck)

[quote name='hutno'][quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='bignick'][quote name='dafoomie'] In fact, there isn't a Walmart for about 20-30 miles.[/quote]

I forgot McDonalds... Though I don't eat at McDonalds anymore for health reasons (food should not make you sick), and less for business/moral reasons.[/quote]

Suoer Size Me really killed the McDonalds experience for me[/quote]
Yeah, theres smaller ones here and there, but they're not expanding here like they are everywhere else. Did anyone else hear about the massive protests in Mexico after they opened a Walmart less than a mile away from some 1000 year old ruins?

[quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='hutno'][quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='bignick'][quote name='dafoomie'] In fact, there isn't a Walmart for about 20-30 miles.[/quote]

Yeah, theres smaller ones here and there, but they're not expanding here like they are everywhere else. Did anyone else hear about the massive protests in Mexico after they opened a Walmart less than a mile away from some 1000 year old ruins?[/quote]

Thats because the Mexican gov't is so corrupt.

mentos.jpg

Mentos, because they didn't make me a Freshmaker.

[quote name='defender']McDonalds...need i say more?[/quote]

Oh yea. Forgot about food. McDonald's, pretty much any fast food burger joint. Fast food mexican food is alright though.

Everyone is boycotting Wal-Mart - but yet it's the most popular store since the creation of man.

I think we all say we boycott Wal-Mart... and then sneak out at night for glasses, screwdrivers, and cheap sparkle stickers for 99 cents.

I don't boycott anyone but there are some stores like Wal-mart, Best Buy and Blockbuster that I will only buy from if something is really cheap and that's the only thing I'll pick up in the store. I figure doing that probably hurts them more than boycotting.

Circuit City since the workers there are complete jackasses although I always go to Best Buy which seems to be the opposite of most people.

Has anyone ever seen the Dodge comercial thats filmed in widescreen, where the truck it driving around and then it stops, the guy in the truck gets out, and removes the cardboard black bars, and the announcer says something stupid about seeing the entire picture? Ive decided never to buy a Dodge because of that one comercial.

target- cheap products support global marketing and you know what that means... sweat shops!!!! i also would like to boycott a product- which would be NIKE. eff dem jordans

BestBuy.com (I will continue shopping at their B&M store unless they screw me over one day too), Wal-Mart (my mom still likes to shop there, though), Abercrombie & Fitch, Lindt Chocolates (bad experience there)

EDIT: Shit, I buy bubble mailers from Wal-Mart because everyone else around here rapes you with their prices. But that is all.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Has anyone ever seen the Dodge comercial thats filmed in widescreen, where the truck it driving around and then it stops, the guy in the truck gets out, and removes the cardboard black bars, and the announcer says something stupid about seeing the entire picture? Ive decided never to buy a Dodge because of that one comercial.[/quote]

I kinda like that commercial. :D

[quote name='bignick'][quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='hutno'][quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='bignick'][quote name='dafoomie'] In fact, there isn't a Walmart for about 20-30 miles.[/quote]

Yeah, theres smaller ones here and there, but they're not expanding here like they are everywhere else. Did anyone else hear about the massive protests in Mexico after they opened a Walmart less than a mile away from some 1000 year old ruins?[/quote]

Thats because the Mexican gov't is so corrupt.[/quote]

Wait wait hold up...are you trying to say...that the reason...that the mexican people are pissed that a walmart is freaking right next to one of their most cherished landmarks...is because of their govt?

You have gone right off the deep end.

Quizno's is the only place I won't buy from. ever since that commercial where the chick pulls the sandwich out of the garbage can and starts eating it, I get nausea just thinking of that place

i shop at A&E and abercrombie sometimes but their prices are weak and low compared to the expensive ass clothes and stuff i usually buy

i ate once at quiznos and it was kinda nasty so i might give them another chance. But what i'd rather do is get a Quiznos franchise and make money off everyones taste for toasy subs since its like the #1 franchise to have.

gamestop.com because i hard a problem with the ninja gaiden i bought off there and i emailed about and never got a single response. i cleaned the disk later and got it to work thank goodness.

[quote name='spyhunterk19'][quote name='bignick'][quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='hutno'][quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='bignick'][quote name='dafoomie'] In fact, there isn't a Walmart for about 20-30 miles.[/quote]

Thats because the Mexican gov't is so corrupt.[/quote]

Wait wait hold up...are you trying to say...that the reason...that the mexican people are pissed that a walmart is freaking right next to one of their most cherished landmarks...is because of their govt?

You have gone right off the deep end.[/quote]

and how else would a walmart be there. Some one has to approve it!

bread's done
Back