PSM Magazine Subscription - 1YR $5 @ Amazon

No DVD I dont think. There is no more PSM though. This is now Playstation: The Official Magazine. So more then half the magazine is ads. No exaggeration. So be prepared.

[quote name='musha666']No DVD I dont think. There is no more PSM though. This is now Playstation: The Official Magazine. So more then half the magazine is ads. No exaggeration. So be prepared.[/quote]

This is the independent PSM & is actually considered better than the official one.

Shipping is free even for non Prime members.

[quote name='Vinny']Hm... $5 isn't bad at all. But why is it a pre-order?[/QUOTE]

I think all magazine subs from amazon are preorders, since you don't get the first issue right away. Also note that the price shows up initially at 10 bucks but goes down to 5 at checkout.

I got a cheap sub from amazon this time last year. They recently changed the layout of the mag and it became the official PS magazine... it looks a lot better, but there seem to be so few PS3 games coming out that it's hard to justify a mag devoted to Sony stuff (even with PS2 and PSP included). Hopefully that'll change this year.

What pads the magazine (besides ads) is this ~20 page section in every magazine devoted to mobile gaming. This is pretty useless, and I have no idea why this is in the sony mag.

edit: note that the old "official" magazine with the inserted DVDs is no longer published. the "independent" PSM became the official magazine as of November, i think.

[quote name='jug_head_4ever']This is the independent PSM & is actually considered better than the official one.

Shipping is free even for non Prime members.[/QUOTE]

PSM is out of print and became Official Playstation Magazine. My subscription auto transferred to OPM.

OPM is kinda crappy.

Damn, I just sent out a 'bill-me-later' card for PSM for $10 today as well!

If I subscribe through amazon, will that make my bill-me-later one void? Could I reject the bill-me-later one?

It's still pretty similar to PSM., which means it's much better than the old OPM, but still nothing special. There's no discs anymore, but they're not all that critical considering you can just download stuff straight to your PS3.

I think it's been $5 for a while, when Amazon.com screwed up one of my orders last year they gave me a $5 off coupon for my next order so I ended up with this subscription for free.

Just got it today. I just got the headphones in the lightning deal today on amazon. Those are the exact headphones I use (they're excellent) and mine broke recently and that was the perfect deal for me. Of course, it's only 20 bucks and the 5 dollar magazine was the perfect filler for me to get the free shipping. I love amazon.

So if I subscribe to this for five bucks I'll get a year of Playstation: The Official Magazine that would cost $18 bucks otherwise? Sounds good to me.

You guys can also subscribe to Nintendo Power for $14.95 (after $5 taken off at checkout), and Official Xbox Magazine for $19.95.

Actually, I've been able to get PSM (Now P:TOM) for $4.69 a year for a while.

http://www.bestdealmagazines.com/title.asp?title=PLAYSTATION+2

Enter code "RENEWNOW15" and get an extra 15% off to make it only $3.99 a year.

Also, where I get Nintendo Power for the same price per year: http://www.bestdealmagazines.com/title.asp?title=NINTENDO+POWER

You do get put on an email list for a discount magazine website for discount subs - but really I usually only get them once per month. And you can unsubscribe from the list after getting them if you like.

Anyone know if Amazon/Future's smart enough to tack another year onto your existing subscription? Or would I end up with two copies of the magazine every month?

[quote name='Wolfpup']Anyone know if Amazon/Future's smart enough to tack another year onto your existing subscription? Or would I end up with two copies of the magazine every month?[/quote]

Yes, they'll add on if you use the same name as your original sub. If you use a different name, then you'll get it twice.

[quote name='brianmoy']Yes, they'll add on if you use the same name as your original sub. If you use a different name, then you'll get it twice.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'll have to check what my magazine says, and try to match it up. PSM (err...Playstation) is definitely worth $5/year IMO.

I subscribed to PC Gamer and Maximum PC too around the same time. I like them even better than PSM, and should have been getting them for years now. (They're more expensive, but were also $5 off, which was already maybe $5 off the regular price.)

[quote name='Wolfpup']Thanks! I'll have to check what my magazine says, and try to match it up. PSM (err...Playstation) is definitely worth $5/year IMO.

I subscribed to PC Gamer and Maximum PC too around the same time. I like them even better than PSM, and should have been getting them for years now. (They're more expensive, but were also $5 off, which was already maybe $5 off the regular price.)[/quote]

PC Gamer (non-CD version) is only $3.99 per year with 15% off code "RENEWNOW15", just like Nintendo Power and PSM/P:TOM are at Best Deal. http://www.bestdealmagazines.com/title.asp?title=PC+GAMER

No Max PC there however.

[quote name='shortyman920']Sweet, I might jump on this.[/quote]

LOL. I added 2 quantity to my cart. Now I get 2 years for $10 instead of choosing the 2 year sub for $20 and getting $5 off for total of $15!

This should work.

Sweeett !

Xfactor4

[quote name='cleaver']Does this come with a DVD?[/quote]

Since the PSN is updated weekly with demos and videos, there probably won't ever be a Blu-Ray/DVD included with the magazine, since it will probably be redundant to what is on PSN.

bread's done
Back