[35,000 Registered CAGs!] CAG Big-Boards Status or "Oh, my how CAG has grown!"

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)

35,000 Registered CAGs! Woot!

This was originally the 500,000 post celebration thread, but I've edited it to be the Big-Boards/CAG is growing discussion thread.

Half a million posts milestone HIT!
EDIT: Click here to jump to the celebration post.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Whats the ranking for Cheapassgamer.com ? I couldnt find it in Big-Boards.com[/quote]

No sites under 500,000 posts allowed.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Whats the ranking for Cheapassgamer.com ? I couldnt find it in Big-Boards.com[/quote]

I am guessing you need 500k+ posts to be listed

[quote name='guessed']That's right Toyota Nation, I'm talking to YOU. You going DOWN!!!!

And don't get too comfortable, DDR Freak, you're next.[/quote]

:rofl:
we should go on to the other boards and challenge them to posting matches

we'll send out zionoverfire, syblymnl, and casey, with a healthy mix of otters and they wont know what hit them!

Otters%20in%20Asia%202.jpg

With the help of OTTer, we'll make half a million in no time.

[quote name='javeryh']I can't believe GameFAQs is #191 and IGN is #4. That makes no sense.[/quote]
Tons of people go to those sites.

[quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='javeryh']I can't believe GameFAQs is #191 and IGN is #4. That makes no sense.[/quote]
Tons of people go to those sites.[/quote]

I am pretty sure he meant it doesn't make sense that IGN is so much higher on the list than GameFAQs.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='javeryh']I can't believe GameFAQs is #191 and IGN is #4. That makes no sense.[/quote]

I am pretty sure he meant it doesn't make sense that IGN is so much higher on the list than GameFAQs.[/quote]

GameFAQs prunes (deletes old posts) their forums though, correct?
Big-Boards only goes by active posts in the DB, I believe.

Holy man, that #1 site, Gaia Online is like a breeding ground for idiots, I've never seen a board filled with so much garbage in my life.

These high posters on other boards make the hardcore posters of our board look like little girls. Like this gem.

Total posts: 83461
[0.06% of total / 173.88 posts per day]

[quote name='xzafixz']These high posters on other boards make the hardcore posters of our board look like little girls. Like this gem.

[0.06% of total / 173.88 posts per day][/quote]

damn, these people are rediculous, atleast we are still the best looking message board on the net \:D/

[quote name='dcfox']
Otters%20in%20Asia%202.jpg

With the help of OTTer, we'll make half a million in no time.[/quote]

Really...how many of those other boards have OTTers? That should be enough to guarantee us #1. :wink:

[quote name='xzafixz']These high posters on other boards make the hardcore posters of our board look like little girls. Like this gem.

[0.06% of total / 173.88 posts per day][/quote]

Holy crap...how the HELL do you do that? :shock:

I don't think the OTTs have vanished yet...so active posts in the database will drop soon, right? Maybe we're not quite there yet...

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='javeryh']I can't believe GameFAQs is #191 and IGN is #4. That makes no sense.[/quote]

I am pretty sure he meant it doesn't make sense that IGN is so much higher on the list than GameFAQs.[/quote]

Big-Boards only goes by active posts in the DB, I believe.[/quote]
I don’t know. When I check my profile at Gamefaqs I only have 47 "active messages", and I know that I’ve posted far more then 47 times. Perhaps older messages are archived.
Edit: Maybe not. Right now the Halo 2 board has over 37,000 posts. Lots of boards on my message boards list have hundreds, if not thousands of posts.

Hahaha, I clicked that first board.. the one with 1.2 million members or whatever... I couldn't figure out what the fuck was going on, so I slowly closed my browser window and backed away.

[quote name='xzafixz']Holy man, that #1 site, Gaia Online is like a breeding ground for idiots, I've never seen a board filled with so much garbage in my life.[/quote]
Perhaps, but the admin is a freakin' genius to be able to run a message board that size. It runs on 50 servers!

[quote name='Terabyte7']Is the 500,000th poster going to get some sort of prize?[/quote]
No, it will be too hard to track down who the 500,000th poster is.

[quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='javeryh']I can't believe GameFAQs is #191 and IGN is #4. That makes no sense.[/quote]

Big-Boards only goes by active posts in the DB, I believe.[/quote]
I don’t know. When I check my profile at Gamefaqs I only have 47 "active messages", and I know that I’ve posted far more then 47 times. Perhaps older messages are archived.
Edit: Maybe not. Right now the Halo 2 board has over 37,000 posts. Lots of
boards on my message boards list have hundreds, if not thousands of posts.[/quote]

AFAIK, when a topic gets pushed so far back in a forum it gets purged. Last week I had about 10 or so posted messages; this week I have 6. I think they're gone forever once they're purged.

Wheeeeee...!!! We're going to the top, baby, the top!

Watch everyone get themselves into a crazy posting-maniac phrase. That would be hilarious.

This is the only board that I frequent on a daily basis.

After seeing all the boards on big boards, this is the only board that I will frequent on a daily basis

[quote name='WarrenGekko']This is the only board that I frequent on a daily basis.

After seeing all the boards on big boards, this is the only board that I will frequent on a daily basis[/quote]

Exactly. CAG is much more calm, and is home (currently) to far fewer idiots than the highest ranked boards. That's a good thing.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='xzafixz']Holy man, that #1 site, Gaia Online is like a breeding ground for idiots, I've never seen a board filled with so much garbage in my life.[/quote]
Perhaps, but the admin is a freakin' genius to be able to run a message board that size. It runs on 50 servers!

[quote name='Terabyte7']Is the 500,000th poster going to get some sort of prize?[/quote]
No, it will be too hard to track down who the 500,000th poster is.[/quote]

Well, we could just assume it will be me. I never did get my prize for posting the 100,000th post back in March. :)

[quote name='greendj27']Ha, Litererotica is listed as #20, right after the Christian Forums.[/quote]

That's great. Finally a place for my writing that "confuses" and "threatens" people...

bread's done
Back