Official "Donate Games to the Troops in Iraq" Thread

#1 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:10 PM

Flickr Gallery
Posted Image

Previous posts
Spoiler

Edited by CheapyD, 29 October 2008 - 02:00 AM.
Updated OP with Kevin's mailing address

#10 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:07 PM

If anyone has any crappy games that they are going to get rid of, dont trade them in for $2-5.00. Instead, send them out this way. The other day I saw 2 guys I know playing NCAA 2004 on a PS2. If anyone is going to trade in games, especially sports games, i.e. Madden 06 or Tiger Woods, for a crappy $2.00 please change your mind and send it to a soldier stuck out here. I can even paypal you the money if that is what makes you hesitate. I brought 35 or so games out here that I lend out on a regular basis. My wife even hits up the local Blockbusters and EBgames for good used games. The PX store out here still sells games like College Hoops 2K7, Eternal Sonata and Table tennis for $59.99. These younger guys can not afford that. These guys need stuff to help keep them entertained and keep morale up. Being 30 years old myself, I dont ask for me personally but for the 18-20 year old guys out here that never been away from home for such great lengths of time. If you do want to help, anyone can email me out here at shane.neuhaus@tq.mnf-wiraq.usmc.mil

This is by no means a way to scam anyone or take advantage of people. I see a lot of care packages that we hand out on a weekly basis. Some with books, dvds, candy, cookies, beef jerky, magazines, but never a video game. I just thought it would be a great way for people that want to contribute but might not know where to go. Merry Christmas again.