Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:04 AM

Hey neushane, I've got the following coming your way:

James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire (GC)
Metroid Prime (GC)
NBA street (GC)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (GC)
True Crime: Streets of LA (GC)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Wii)

When they show up, post a few pics with the guys (I know they aren't the best games, but it's a start).

~HotShotX

#62 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:17 PM

HotShotX, good looking out! I will be sure to keep an eye out for your package and find new owners from your donations. Thank you for your generosity. Pics and feedback will follow as promised.

#63 Layd Dly  

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:50 PM

Ill have to go through some of my games when i get home, I got some 06 360 Sports games that i got my 1000 points out of that i will gladly send over since they are pointless to trade in, and im sure i have some others i would gladly part with.

#64 Gourd   Tofu Knight CAGiversary!   904 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:43 PM

Okay, weird question.

Am I wrong to assume that you folks over there can't use Xbox Live? I know it's a stupid question, but I'm wondering how you guys get game updates and stuff...

#65 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:09 PM

Unfortunately we can not use Xblox Live here so no game updates, movies, demos or arcade games :-(

Thank you for everyone who took the initiative to contact me and ship out some games to this cause. Hopefully everyone that contributes will feel as if I handled everything as professional as possible and thank you for your support.

Shane

#66 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:28 PM

HotShotX: I got your games today. Thank you so much for your contribution!!!! I sent in a local buttetin board ad reflecting the games you sent. The Admins guys should post it tomorrow and I am sure some guys/gals will snatch them up right away. I will post pictures and results once someone answers the ad I sent in. Thank you again!

neushane

#67 HotShotX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3532 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2008 - 04:10 PM

HotShotX: I got your games today. Thank you so much for your contribution!!!! I sent in a local buttetin board ad reflecting the games you sent. The Admins guys should post it tomorrow and I am sure some guys/gals will snatch them up right away. I will post pictures and results once someone answers the ad I sent in. Thank you again!

neushane

Awesome, thanks Neushane.

~HotShotX

#68 Sabain   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   1 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:07 PM

Neushane would like to thank you first, for starting this idea. Its a great idea.

HotShotX Thank you for sending some games, I received True Crime, and NBA Street.

To everyone else, to give you an idea of how big this base really is. I meet Neushane today for the first time in my life. He works 100yrds from where I work. The reason we never meet before is this. We have different job in different branches of the service. I am a SSgt in the Marines, and he is a sailor.

There are a lot of units here that wouldnt know him also just because they wouldnt have a reason to do business with him. But he is using a lot of resources to get the word out here, I found out and I am very greetful now.

Thank you to all who are sending them out.

Last thing I would like to say, in my opinion multi copies should be fine, cause there are a lot of units here and there are other bases also.

#69 HotShotX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3532 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:28 PM

Good to hear they found the right home.

CAGs, if you've got some games just lying around not doing anything for you anymore, ship it out to these guys, they go through more than enough to warrant a bit of a good ole fashioned gaming break every now and then.

Neushane's working hard to get word out on the base when new games come in, so they'll definitely get passed around to a lot of people.
Spoiler

Welcome to CAG, Sabain.

~HotShotX

#70 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:57 PM

Here are some pics of the games I received. I still have a few games for guys to pick up. They are supposed to get them tomorrow. Hopefully, they will follow Sabain and join up in the forum.

http://www.imagehost...001060.JPG.html

http://www.imagehost...001061.JPG.html

http://www.imagehost...001062.JPG.html

#71 HotShotX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3532 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:04 PM

Awesome, thanks for the pics Neushane. That should hopefully get things rolling. Help em out guys :)

~HotShotX

#72 Wolve11   yea whatever CAGiversary!   4261 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:58 AM

Great idea... I just recommend that these things go to a central MWR where they can be signed out rather than just handed out to troops. Mainly because I know they'll take those games back home with them rather than leave them in theater and thus defeating the purpose of this thread.
Just speaking from what I've seen happen myself with goodies that were sent out there.

#73 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:10 AM

Great idea... I just recommend that these things go to a central MWR where they can be signed out rather than just handed out to troops. Mainly because I know they'll take those games back home with them rather than leave them in theater and thus defeating the purpose of this thread.
Just speaking from what I've seen happen myself with goodies that were sent out there.

That would be a good idea in a normal enviroment like back in home port with the base spport but here is a little bit different. We have internet cafes and stuff like that. They even let you check out pc games. Only a few issues with that. One, they are bootlegs that they do not let you leave the cafe with. Local use only (you even have to install cracks to get the games to work). Two, it is run my the local TCNs (Third Country Nationals) and not MWR related. The third issue would be the manpower. This base is thin on support. They have 3 local MWRs established, one for each LSA (Logistic Support Area). They offer pool, darts, movies, etc... but no video games and added responsibilities has not been there favorite thing.

Also, not all people have vehicles to get to these areas. I just had to drive to meet a guy to give a few games to because he did not have transportation. This base covers over 26 miles in length, it is really large. With me posting to a bulletin board, I do not have to discriminate to a certain branch of the military. I am Navy but gave out the games HotShotx sent out to 3 Marines and 1 fellow Sailor. If I could get one MWR to hold onto and check out the games, only that branch of service would be able to utilize the function unless they had transportation and the time to drive 40 minutes roundtrip to that MWR site.

Like I said great idea and my initial thoughts. I just knew it would not work here. I do not know what you have sent out here but I am sure it was put to good use and appreciated. That is my only hope as well. Plus, coming from CAG and putting that word out gets people that might not have known about CAG to come to the site, give thanks and maybe become an actve member in the community. Like Sabain and the 2 other guys that should be coming here in the next day or so to show there thanks as well. That would not be possible with the games going to MWR and I do not think the same value would be added to the contributions. I hate to say it but a lot of guys just except certain services. It is the ones that catch them "off guard" that count.

Neushane

#74 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17716 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:50 AM

I will definitely give this a shoutout on the CAGcast this week and will put together a sizable care package of my own. Mrs Cheapy will be thrilled I'm getting rid of some of this stuff.

#75 HotShotX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3532 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:31 PM

I will definitely give this a shoutout on the CAGcast this week and will put together a sizable care package of my own. Mrs Cheapy will be thrilled I'm getting rid of some of this stuff.

Awesome, thanks Cheapy.

~HotShotX

#76 crazydiamond79   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   1 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

crazydiamond79

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:19 PM

With the help of Shane and all those who donated games; my time out here will be more enjoyable and faster. Keep it up and thanks again

Sgt walters
USMC:applause:

#77 xHTFx MARINE   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   1 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

xHTFx MARINE

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:42 PM

Be safe MARINE

#78 Justden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   203 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:20 AM

I bet the United State Marine Corp could get your busted Robocop gun fixed and put it to good use. :D

BTW, I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning this but Briansraregames has asked that his prize for the Child's Play raffle (XBOX360 Rainbow Six Vegas) be donated to the Troops in Iraq. So I'll be sending that out ASAP!

#79 HotShotX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3532 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:46 AM

I bet the United State Marine Corp could get your busted Robocop gun fixed and put it to good use. :D

BTW, I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning this but Briansraregames has asked that his prize for the Child's Play raffle (XBOX360 Rainbow Six Vegas) be donated to the Troops in Iraq. So I'll be sending that out ASAP!

That's awesome! Thanks Brian!

~HotShotX

#80 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:38 PM

I received a package today from a fellow CAG who would like to remain anonymous that donated the following:

- Mass Effect (brand new & sealed) :360:
- Metal Slug Anthology (brand new & sealed) :ps2:
- Soul Calibur 2 :xbox:

I want to say thank you for the very kind donation. Someone will be very greatful. I will be sure to pass along where the generosity came from to the people that receive the games.

http://www.imagehost...001063.JPG.html

Cheapy, thank you for the shoutout on the CAGCast. I am still in the process of downloading it. It looks like it will be about 2 hours for it to finish with this 5-6kb per sec connection I have going. I cheated by looking at the spoiler in the thread...:lol:

#81 HotShotX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3532 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:38 PM

Hey neushane, I've got 6 more games coming your way, I'll be shipping them tomorrow:

Tony Hawk's Underground (GC)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (GC)
The Simpsons: Hit & Run (GC)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (GC)
Madden 2002 (GC)
The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (GC)

CAGs, this thread isn't seeing much action, come on, help these guys out. We've got over 100,000 members on CAG, I know not all are active, but I think the thread could at least hit 300 replies, and maybe 20-30 unique donations.

These guys sacrifice a large part of their lives to be out there, particularly time with their families, and while I believe the best thing would be to bring them home immediately, the least we can do outside of government intervention is send some entertainment their way, a little piece of home, regardless of whether you agree or disagree with the war. (I know none of this is about that, but maybe it is holding some of you back on helping them out).

In all honesty, where would you rather see your games end up? On a GameStop shelf, or in the hands of a fellow CAG in need?

~HotShotX

#82 HotShotX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3532 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:08 PM

Neushane, I sent the package out today, you should get it in a few days.

Also, I've been asked if PC games could be sent out and put to good use as well. Any thoughts?

~HotShotX

#83 thorbahn3   Everyone talks too much! Super Moderators   4201 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:41 PM

Sent out some new games that range from decent to comical for a Marine to be playing. Oh and XXX treat too. Look out for the name "Thorbahn."

#84 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:53 PM

Sent out some new games that range from decent to comical for a Marine to be playing. Oh and XXX treat too. Look out for the name "Thorbahn."

Hahaha...I will be looking for that one Thorbahn. Can always use some good pr0n to wisk the time away. Thanks for contributing to the cause.

#85 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:55 PM

Hotshotx, I replied to your PM.

PC games are good as long as they do not require some crazy graphics cards only found in todays high end desktops. If it can run on a good laptop then please go for it! I can put anything to use with these guys out here. Anything new to them is golden.

#86 apokalipze2   piledriving that azz CAGiversary!   1067 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

apokalipze2

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:43 AM

How much is shipping to Iraq?

#87 HotShotX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3532 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:17 AM

How much is shipping to Iraq?

3 Day Airmail to Iraq will run you about $6.50 to ship 6 games (1 lb 14 oz).

The post office also told me today that when shipping Airmail to an FPO (Military) address, they will provide the box, look into that.

~HotShotX

#88 DesertEagleXIX   Semper Economus! CAGiversary!   3247 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

DesertEagleXIX

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:32 AM

I'll be looking through my collection tonight for some games to send.

Two games for sure:
- Final Fantasy XII - PS2 (Sealed)
- Max Payne (Xbox)

#89 neushane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

neushane

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:06 AM

Shipping will vary from $1.40 (1 game in bubble mailer / 1st class mail) to $8.95 (flat rate box / priority). If the postal clerk says that it will cost more than $8.95 than make sure you get a flat rate box from the post office. Boxes for priority mail and flat rate priority mail are free. I usually get priority mail in 4-6 days. Just a little slower than what you would expect in the States. Not bad for being 5000 miles away.

Deagle, thank you for contributing.

#90 Mavric329   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   1 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Mavric329

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:29 AM

Thanks COG, donator's and thanks Nueshane for putting this together. I have just recieved "Mass Effect" from Nueshane. Its really awesome for everyone supports us out here. I hope that more people donate and more people can take part in getting some games to keep thier mind ofF shit on thier down time. THANK YOU AGAIN!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!:lol: