Cases for Rockband instruments

As many of you that have this game and many friends... They always want you to bring Rockband, your 360, and all the instruments with you. Does anyone have and good recommendations for carrying cases for these instruments. I've seen gig bags for the guitars, but the biggest duffle bag I have won't fit the drum kit, and its pretty unwieldy. What do you guys usually do?

to be honest, when my friend carries his rock band we usually drop the legs to the guitar a few times...hang the footpedal's cord on a few things, and awkwardly put the drums in the trunk of my car....i carry my guitars in my gh case. the 360, mic, cords, etc go in a duffel.

i'm not sure there's a good way to move this stuff.

The worst is that the RB guitar won't fit into my Red Octane GH bag without a fight because it's taller than the GH guitars.

well, you could get some actual drum cases.. would probably cost more than the game itself though, haha.

for the guitar you could get an actual guitar gig bag, they arn't very expensive (I have a decent one that cost about 20 bucks) and that would hold 1 (if not 2) guitar controllers)

Have your friends chip in to buy you the cases...if they're too lazy to come over, that's the least they can do. :)

I don't yet have a solution for the drums, so I will eventually probably cave in and get the official RB drum bag. It's expensive, but it seems well designed for its purpose, and there don't seem to be third-party equivalents yet. Maybe one day they will have it on sale.

For guitars, I use these React cases, which seem to be sold only at Best Buy. They are $15, come in 4 different patterns, are pretty sturdy, and have both hand and removable shoulder straps. They also have two pockets on the outside, so all my of my small RB gear (mic, hub, etc.) fit into them. The larger pocket will also fit a couple of game cases. Xplorers and the wireless Les Paul fit easily. The RB Fender is a little snug, but it certainly fits, even though it's physically longer than the others.

Sadly, I now have four of these cases (two Xplorers, a Les Paul, and a wired Fender), and I will probably soon get a fifth for the wireless Fender. :roll:

As soon as I get a few days off, I'm going to work out a template for a carrying bag for the drums. If it turns out half as well as my laptop pouch, I'll be satisfied.

you gonna bust out the ol' sewing machine and make some cases there Sp00ge? if the price is right, I might be interested in one too!

[quote name='kaptinmorgan']yeah i could be in for a spooge case, you need to patent them and put a huge SPOOGE on the bag. that would be rad[/QUOTE]

Spooge on a bag? On second thought... Maybe not.

yeah he's just gotta make sure and cover that thing with spooge, get spooge all over the case, even on the inside, just spooge everywhere.

The idea of spooge on a bag has cleared my mind of this. I think I'm just gonna keep all of it in the box it came in. That is until it gets wet and I falls apart. Then maybe I'll have to spring for that case.

[quote name='Malik112099']why would you move all that shit? tell people to come to you[/QUOTE]
I can empathize with CoconutSport, being that I'd hate to clean up after a bunch of half drunk wannabe rockstars.

bread's done
Back