Winter Sports: The Ultimate Challenge Wii Game $20.99

[quote name='babylonian007']Does anyone have any non-customer reviews of this game? I like and want to know.[/QUOTE]

So you want a review from someone who DIDN'T buy the game?

I could have sworn I saw this game in the $19.99 budget display at FYE B&M yesterday. This was at Ridgmar Mall in Fort Worth.

I wouldn't touch this anyway, even if it was $19.99-$20.99. Not even for $9.99. There's enough games out there to purchase that there's no reason to pick up the crap. Metacritic has it in the low 50's, and Gamespot gave it a 4.5.

Picked this up at Costco for $10.99 yesterday.

IGN/gamspot reviews are not too favorable. Worth keeping?

Got this at Costco for $10.99. It's fantastic for what it is, and certainly doesn't deserve the snap judgement it's gotten in this thread. Graphics are pretty lousy, but most of the events are very fun and well-executed and there's a surprising amount of variety.

I'd say worth $15-$20 for sure as long as you know what you're getting into. Significantly worse production values than Mario & Sonic Olympics, but Winter Sports is more fun.

I picked this up at Costco. I've only played once so far, but it seems worth the $10 I payed for it and I could probably justify $20.

Of the events I tried so far, I'd say downhill sking was the best. Cross-country and speed skating were OK, but seemed a little too easy. Ski Jumping was weird, not sure it the controls were off or it just takes more practice.

Seemed like it would be fun multi-player. Hope that helps, oh and the announcers are dreadful, I was ready to mute it after 5 minutes.

[quote name='levonknowles']Hope that helps, oh and the announcers are dreadful, I was ready to mute it after 5 minutes.[/quote]

OMG! They wouldn't stop talking about coffee.

[quote name='eau']Picked this up at Costco for $10.99 yesterday.

IGN/gamspot reviews are not too favorable. Worth keeping?[/quote]

i thought the promo ended already

[quote name='Judge Groovyman']I could have sworn I saw this game in the $19.99 budget display at FYE B&M yesterday. This was at Ridgmar Mall in Fort Worth.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed $19.99 in the FYE $19.99 display.

bread's done
Back