Turning off TV turns off HDMI connected console

drkrdglo

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
Has anyone else experienced their 360 turning off when the television is turned off? While in the middle of a game, I turned off my TV to go downstairs for dinner. After the tv shut off I noticed my 360 turned off right along with it. This problem never occured when the 360 was connected via component cables, which leads me to believe it's an HDMI thing. I search around for some answers, but didn't find anything. Has anyone else experienced this?

some hdmi tv's have the ability to control other hdmi devices. samsung calls it anynet+, others call it something else. i forget the actual name.

lolz why would you turn off the tv? forget your bathroom needs or your hunger needs and play your 360 lol

Try Asking Microsoft and when they tell you its all your fault then kinda google it seriously thats never happend to me before...

ok, the feature is called HDMI-CEC (consumer electronic control)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-D...nterface#Consumer_Electronics_Control_channel

Consumer Electronics Control channel

The Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) channel is optional to implement, but wiring is mandatory. The channel:

* Uses the industry standard AV Link protocol.
* Used for remote control functions.
* One-wire bidirectional serial bus.
* Defined in HDMI Specification 1.0, updated in HDMI 1.2a, and again in 1.3a (added timer and audio commands).

This feature is used in two ways:

* To allow the user to command and control multiple CEC-enabled boxes with one remote control, and
* To allow individual CEC-enabled boxes to command and control each other, without user intervention.

An example of the latter is to allow the DVD player, when the drawer closes with a disk, to command the TV and the intervening A/V Receiver (all with CEC) to power-up, select the appropriate HDMI ports, and auto-negotiate the proper video mode and audio mode. No remote control command is needed. Similarly, this type of equipment can be programmed to return to sleep mode when the movie ends, perhaps by checking the real-time clock. For example, if it is later than 11:00 p.m., and the user does not specifically command the systems with the remote control, then the systems all turn off at the command from the DVD player.

Alternative names for CEC are Anynet (Samsung), Aquos Link (Sharp), BRAVIA Theatre Sync (Sony), Regza Link (Toshiba), RIHD (Onkyo), Simplink (LG) and Viera Link/EZ-Sync (Panasonic/JVC).

[edit] Content restriction

and mexicanto.... just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen..... not all tv's bother with this feature.

HDMI scares me, but at the same time I am intrigued. Thanks ashram for actually finding out the official name a capability, gotta love wiki.

It has happened to me before with my Samsung TV and Now with my Pioneer Elite Receiver. I think it has to do with a HDMI technology Called CEC. I turned HDMI CEC Off on the TV and ow the problem is gone on the TV. What is frustrating is I have not been able to find out why it is still happening with the receiver. I turn off the receiver and the Xbox360 Resets. I called Pioneer and they told me it was not the receiver it was the Xbox360. I have not been able to find the correct setting to disable this feature.

A few year late to the party, lol. But I'm 90% sure there isn't a setting in the 360 to disable it though, unless it only shows up if your using a CEC enabled tv, which I'm sure my crappy Olevia isn't.

bread's done
Back