Why couldn't I "Connect to Xbox LIVE"?

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!
Is anyone having problems connecting to Live right now? I haven't used my 360 in a few weeks, just powered it back on, and I couldn't log in. It sat on the "twirling 360 logo" screen for a minute and then dumped me back to whatever screen I was on.

My network tests checked out-it claimed it can connect.

After maybe the tenth attempt, it finally logged in, while I was writing this, but I'll post it anyway just to see if anyone else has had issues.

I spoke too soon...it's connected, but something's still wrong as it thinks there aren't any game demos available to download. Ditto for X-Box 1 games and anything else I tried viewing.

Well, nice to know I'm not the only one having problems right now...

On a possibly related note, Major Nelson's site seems to be down, and I can't log in at xbox.com online either.

K. Glad I'm not the only one. My dashboard tells me I'm connected but I can't join any games in COD4, it tells me I must have a internet connection to play XBL games.

whew! i was goin crazy tryin to figured out why i couldnt play CoD4 either. It says I am logged into XBOX Live, but a popup says "Can't log in to Messenger."

Think it'll be back up soon? I really wanna play, lol.

I'll post once mine is back up, if someone would do the same thatd be awesome.

Several days ago I couldn't connect all day. Not in the slightest. I thought it was my connection in some way, shape, or form but after a few diagnostics it ended up being Live. After checking Live's site and whatnot they posted that Live was down for different customers and they were working on it. Seems like it's been an issue for almost a week and it's quite random.

All I know is that when it hits I get upset. ;)

i know! it takes a minute or two for my Marketplace/Profile/Game blades to load up and it wont let me download any demos!!! it keeps on saying that i cant due to restrictions i have on my setting but i have them on unlocked

Major problems trying to create a new gamertag and signup to XBL for my little bro on his new 360. Way to sour the experience for new adopters MS.

I received my repaired-from-rrod 360 from fedex on Wednesday and although it passed network tests and had an IP it wouldn't log in any live accounts. I gave up, but then a new game successfully connected to live to get updates.

Props to the fedex guy who wrote his cell number on the "sorry we missed you" tag stuck to the door. Called the number and luckily he was only three minutes away from me. I drove to meet at his next stop and signed for the package. He said there were five more packages just like it on the truck.

I wish I always had the number of the person with my package that is "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" since 6:55am. I would even be okay with just a 30 minute window of when they will be at my address.

I had problems yesterday getting to the dashboard when logged into Live. I had to disconnect and then connect from CoD4. Even then, I had problems getting into games and then getting booted. It's pretty ridiculous.

I was having problems yesterday and today trying to get on Xbox Live. It finally let me on about 20 minutes ago.

mine was acting weird on tuesday, my 360 would log into live on the dashboard, but as soon as i started rock band, it disconnected and would not reconnect.

I had some problems with xbl yesterday.

It connected to xbl no problem but then it couldn't retrieve my HALO 3 rank and connecting to servers was just a no-go strangely.

I had crazy problems yesterday. It stopped waiting after 3 minutes for the dashboard to load. I kept getting that dotted circle thing for ages. It was only whilst trying to connect to live. I hope it goes away soon.

[quote name='munch']I had crazy problems yesterday. It stopped waiting after 3 minutes for the dashboard to load. I kept getting that dotted circle thing for ages. It was only whilst trying to connect to live. I hope it goes away soon.[/QUOTE]
Press "X" in the dashboard so you can do stuff. Once you load the game, go into multiplayer and you should be able to connect. I couldn't get to my dashboard at all while it was trying to connect to Live.

yea i spent about an hr trying to get xbl to recover my gamertag. it didnt work at all.. stupid errors. ill try it out today ... to see if everything goes well.

I just bought a wireless adapter and thought that was the problem. I'm sort of glad to hear that everyone had problems.

still having problems signing but this time im getting furthur into the process and then getting the error. so.. i guess maybe thats better idk

Well, I'm glad to hear it's not just me!

[quote name='Braskley']I received my repaired-from-rrod 360 from fedex on Wednesday and although it passed network tests and had an IP it wouldn't log in any live accounts. I gave up, but then a new game successfully connected to live to get updates.[/quote]

Yeah, it's really weird. MANY multiple attempts to get logged in, but then Bioshock updated without problems...but it took an hour trying to get that free download pack for it.

And then once I *DID* finally get it to start downloading, both that and the Dark Messiah of Might and Magic demo I downloaded went super fast, like there was nothing wrong. It's just trying to actually START them that was bad.

I get the notice saying I logged in and it even has the pop up for friends online, but it doesn't actually show them on the LIVE tab and instead has the connect to xbox live choice. Once I load up a game, I get the you have signed in to live notice as well as all my friend notices again, and it seems to be fine after that. Still pretty damn annoying, and these issues have been happening for like a week or so now.

Mine has been acting funky for a few days now. Pissed me off because I lost 2 XP in Halo 3. I never leave early and that was the first time I ever lost anything. I couldn't connect about an hour ago either. I thought maybe it was just me.

Mine didn't sign in automatically and took about 3 minutes to even do that. Looks like Microsoft needs some more servers.

I'm still getting the loading icon for an eternity as well. When it finally goes away it shows that I'm signed in to my tag but not signed on to the service.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I'm still getting the loading icon for an eternity as well. When it finally goes away it shows that I'm signed in to my tag but not signed on to the service.[/quote]

I had that too. I was getting into 1 player Lone Wolves matches on Halo 3. Weird stuff.

From the XBox Support Page (which now has a longer explanation)

Up and running
Users may experience issues performing transactions dependent on Windows Live ID availability including but not limited to Xbox 360 and Zune account creation, renewal, recovery, all DMP transactions, and logging into or creating Windows Live ID accounts. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Yeah, it's down again (has been for a couple hours). It's all over the x-box.com forums.

Here's the current message on the X-box live support page.

Up and running

Users may experience issues performing transactions dependent on Windows Live ID availability including but not limited to Xbox 360 and Zune account creation, renewal, recovery, all DMP transactions, and logging into or creating Windows Live ID accounts. Users will experience intermittent issues including but not limited to: Tournaments, Storage Downloads, Gamer Tile, Statistics through Arbitration, Match Making, and Messaging. Additionally, Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 users may experience issues joining matches or posting statistics. Customer Support may also experience issues referencing customer data. We are aware of the issue and are currently working to resolve it. We apologize for any inconvenience.

This is getting a bit old.

I was finally able to connect for the first time all day. Hopefully my luck won't abandon me before the KUF:COD demo finishes downloading. :/

[quote name='looploop']I was finally able to connect for the first time all day. Hopefully my luck won't abandon me before the KUF:COD demo finishes downloading. :/[/quote]

Great demo also :), wow the XBL servers are getting slammed since christmas

Damn. A poster on the xbox forums said they called customer support and asked for an estimate on when it would be fixed. Said they were told it would likely be tomorrow afternoon before everything was fully resolved.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Damn. A poster on the xbox forums said they called customer support and asked for an estimate on when it would be fixed. Said they were told it would likely be tomorrow afternoon before everything was fully resolved.[/quote]

wow i hope thats false, I just bought a 1 month live pass 2 weeks ago, and xbox live worked maybe for a week, what a wast of cash

im joining the, my xbox live is messed up for some reason club. i can't connect to games in cod4 and i am having the same problems as all of you, making my winter break from college sucky and boring.

I really think Microsoft should offer some form of reimbursement because like many my live has sucked since xmas.

Since Christmas I have not been able to use Live which we are all paying for a service that does not function. At the very least a free month or so would be nice and a message that they screwed up.:bomb:

This is just sad. 50 bucks a month for a service that gets messed up almost one a Week for every month? I mean It must be nice for the Free Customers on the PS3 cause if there service goes down, they don't really have anything to complain about. But what about the people playing monthly? This is just sad. I hope we get some kind of Reimbursement.

Yeah, they really need to give everyone a free couple of days or something, if not a whole month.

But they won't as the license agreement says they're not responsible for technical difficulties, outages etc.

to many people r online because of the christmas and new year

Hopefully MS does something about it this weekend, but I have a feeling most of their Xbox Live chronies are taking the Holiday weekend off. Prove me wrong MS, prove me wrong!

bread's done
Back