Rogue Galaxy @ Amazon $19.99

[quote name='dopa345']Kmart has it also for $10[/quote]

wOOt, off to Kmart (later today). Might as well pickup a copy of Disgaea 2 while I am at it.

Is there a chance I'd like this if I've hated every single Level 5 game so far? I like the more science fictiony setting, but I'm not sure how this plays.

[quote name='spamfree2']Check your local Targets... They are clearenced at $10. YMMV though.[/QUOTE]

Mine never, ever has ANYTHING on clearance :(

[quote name='paddlefoot']wOOt, off to Kmart (later today). Might as well pickup a copy of Disgaea 2 while I am at it.[/QUOTE]

So this and Disgaea 2 are $10 if your Kmart has them? I should look.

That kinda sucks that I could've got it cheaper elsewhere but....there is no Gamecrazy or Kmart remotely near me. Sears is a slight possibility, but last time I was there their selection of games was complete crap and very limited. I've also never seen any games clearanced out at Target. My stores suck.

Same here

[quote name='DualDisorder']That kinda sucks that I could've got it cheaper elsewhere but....there is no Gamecrazy or Kmart remotely near me. Sears is a slight possibility, but last time I was there their selection of games was complete crap and very limited. I've also never seen any games clearanced out at Target. My stores suck.[/quote]

I picked this up not to long ago from Amazon.com for $27.99. Is there anyway of getting a price change diffrence credit or coupon from amazon? I've read about people getting them before if a products price changes.

[quote name='T3kN']I picked this up not to long ago from Amazon.com for $27.99. Is there anyway of getting a price change diffrence credit or coupon from amazon? I've read about people getting them before if a products price changes.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember for sure how long you have-maybe 30 days?

[quote name='Wolfpup']Is there a chance I'd like this if I've hated every single Level 5 game so far? I like the more science fictiony setting, but I'm not sure how this plays.[/QUOTE]

IMO Level-5 hasn't made a bad game yet. But that said, RG plays very similarly to Dark Cloud (minus the random dungeons). So if you didn't like the way DC plays, you probably won't like RG either - unless the random dungeons were what really bothered you about DC.

[quote name='argyle']IMO Level-5 hasn't made a bad game yet. But that said, RG plays very similarly to Dark Cloud (minus the random dungeons). So if you didn't like the way DC plays, you probably won't like RG either - unless the random dungeons were what really bothered you about DC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I didn't like the random dungeons, but I didn't like much of anything else either. The only Level 5 game I didn't end up completely abhorring was Dragon Quest 8, and even then I eventually quit playing as I don't like it as well as even Final Fantasy 1 :whistle2:(

Even still, I'd pick this up if it ever gets super cheap or as a rental maybe. There are so few science fiction RPGs!

[quote name='Wolfpup']Thanks. I didn't like the random dungeons, but I didn't like much of anything else either. The only Level 5 game I didn't end up completely abhorring was Dragon Quest 8, and even then I eventually quit playing as I don't like it as well as even Final Fantasy 1 :whistle2:(

Even still, I'd pick this up if it ever gets super cheap or as a rental maybe. There are so few science fiction RPGs![/quote]I'm sorry to disagree with you, but Dragon Quest VIII is the best game I have ever played.

No joke.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']I'm sorry to disagree with you, but Dragon Quest VIII is the best game I have ever played.

No joke.[/QUOTE]

Yikes...well, we really disagree on that one! (Though I did think the graphics and characters were kind of nifty.)

[quote name='whoknows']I couldn't stand Dark Cloud 2 but I love Rogue Galaxy.[/QUOTE]

How are they different then? I can't even remember what happened with Dark Cloud 2. I think I started out liking it, but it got too hard and generic.

I just hated the characters and story. The main guy has a serious mom issue and won't shut up about he didn't know how great this adventure would be or that it would be an adventure or whatever. Damn annoying.

Combat seems a little faster paced in RG and the characters are likeable. Plus, the voice of the main character (Jaster) is done by the same guy who did Terry in Batman Beyond :shock: :p

[quote name='clockworkgreen']Raise your hand if you thought this was a lost Lucas Arts Star Wars title.[/quote]
LOL, *raises hand* ^__^

[quote name='whoknows']I just hated the characters and story. The main guy has a serious mom issue and won't shut up about he didn't know how great this adventure would be or that it would be an adventure or whatever. Damn annoying.

Combat seems a little faster paced in RG and the characters are likeable. Plus, the voice of the main character (Jaster) is done by the same guy who did Terry in Batman Beyond :shock: :p[/quote]
Will Fredie, who played Eric Matthews in Boy Meets World.

[quote name='whoknows']I just hated the characters and story. The main guy has a serious mom issue and won't shut up about he didn't know how great this adventure would be or that it would be an adventure or whatever. Damn annoying.

Combat seems a little faster paced in RG and the characters are likeable. Plus, the voice of the main character (Jaster) is done by the same guy who did Terry in Batman Beyond :shock: :p[/QUOTE]

Well, that's kind of cool.

[quote name='coldwine']Just started playing, but it reminds me of a mix between DQ8 & Kingdom Hearts. I definitely like it![/QUOTE]

Hmm... Well I hated KH 1, but enjoyed the second one...although mostly because of the gratuitous characters. Still had to slog through it.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Thanks. I didn't like the random dungeons, but I didn't like much of anything else either. The only Level 5 game I didn't end up completely abhorring was Dragon Quest 8, and even then I eventually quit playing as I don't like it as well as even Final Fantasy 1 :whistle2:(

Even still, I'd pick this up if it ever gets super cheap or as a rental maybe. There are so few science fiction RPGs![/QUOTE]

While it's sorta like Dark Cloud, it's far, far better than Dark Cloud ever was.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Oh, and if you want a science fiction RPG, try Xenosaga.[/QUOTE]

Hated the first one. Couldn't get past an early boss battle. Plus I really want more real science fiction versus the Japanese...whatever the heck it is they're doing there.

bread's done
Back