Baten Kaitos: Origins $12.82 at walmart.com

Excellent price for a fun RPG. In my opinion, it is much improved over the first BK game in many ways (story, character development, voice acting) but even though the combat fundamentals are similar, I did like the way the original had seperate decks for each character. In Origins, everyone uses the same combat deck which makes getting that much-needed character-specific card more difficult to show up in your hand.

Otherwise, this is a solid buy for any Wii owner looking for some RPG goodness.

[quote name='karmapolice']Is the original or this one better? I have never played either but I am interested in the series.[/quote]

Original, I really didn't like the modifications they made to the combat system in Origins.

Thanks OP - personally liked the original more even though they sounded like they were talking in a bathroom stall through toilet paper holders.

Now... where's my Skies of Arcadia sequel damn it?

As much as I had issues with the battle system, I'd probably give the whole series another try if I could find the first game under $10 again. Don't want to just get the prequel.

$14 on half.com and you get to keep your anal virginity. I'm a cheap bastard with few ideals, but nothing from walmart is a deal.

I picked this up at Everett, WA KMart for $10 a couple of weeks ago, and they still had one copy left the last time I went there yesterday (12/31).

Of course, YMMV!

bread's done
Back