- - - - -

Post pics of your HD DVD and Blu-Ray collections!!

#211 jacknicklson  

jacknicklson

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:59 AM

Spoiler

#212 xMalachi   Meow Mix Disaster CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:13 AM

That is impressive jack.

#213 DarkNessBear   CABear CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

DarkNessBear

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:59 AM

Is that Michael Crichton Prey I see? Great book =)

Yep it is. Great book!

jw darkness, are those aranged specifically some how?

Uhm, not really. They are categorized in my importance (from top to bottom) and then I like to display at least one movie/game on each shelf, either it be one I am currently playing or one that I just really enjoy. It also takes up more space and helps keep the others up. And I don't like having miss matching boxes together so I put box sets together. (Not like I have that much) And alphabetize everything.

My collection isn't huge, because I just recently started collecting. I've always depended on my brother to have every movie, so when he moved out I had 2 dvd's (one that he gave me, haha) and around four 360 games. I'm just now starting to get addicted to collecting. Bad addiction! My money is going down fast!

And at Jack:

Nice collection! And I think you have the same case as me. Awesome.

#214 GrilledWitOnions   Thrillhouse! CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

GrilledWitOnions

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:52 AM

Uhm, not really. They are categorized in my importance (from top to bottom) and then I like to display at least one movie/game on each shelf, either it be one I am currently playing or one that I just really enjoy. It also takes up more space and helps keep the others up. And I don't like having miss matching boxes together so I put box sets together. (Not like I have that much) And alphabetize everything.

My collection isn't huge, because I just recently started collecting. I've always depended on my brother to have every movie, so when he moved out I had 2 dvd's (one that he gave me, haha) and around four 360 games. I'm just now starting to get addicted to collecting. Bad addiction! My money is going down fast!

I really like the way your shelf looks. I don't have the space to face any of my movies or games, they are all bookended (and then stacked on top of those!) I really like having some things sort of 'spotlighted', and hopefully I'll one day have a bigger shelf and can do that again. My collection looks pretty cool but has no personality if that makes any sense.

#215 DarkNessBear   CABear CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

DarkNessBear

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:20 AM

I really like the way your shelf looks. I don't have the space to face any of my movies or games, they are all bookended (and then stacked on top of those!) I really like having some things sort of 'spotlighted', and hopefully I'll one day have a bigger shelf and can do that again. My collection looks pretty cool but has no personality if that makes any sense.

Thanks man!

Yea, I am regrettably going to have to go book ended soon. The displayed cases was just going to be a temporary thing, but then I really enjoyed the look of it. Some say my case display looks a little "immature" but, I guess that's how I am and that's how I like it!

But, I do appreciate the compliment.

#216 Lice   Hero Squad CAGiversary!   1472 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:25 AM

Why did they say it looks Immature?

Because theres figures on it or that they are not stacked so it looks like a boring department store?

I vote leave it like that and when your collection grows weed out some of the filler!

And Im sorry I took the collection. Though Im very proud that your collection is growing :bouncy:

#217 jacknicklson  

jacknicklson

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:13 PM

That is impressive jack.

#218 Animal7390   Something Clever CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:23 PM

darkness if i had the room in my cases to do that i would too. screw it if it looks "immature" (i dont think it does) do what you want and forget what other people say.

#219 rsigley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1218 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2008 - 04:06 PM

filled up my first dvd stand with hd media so figured need new pictures. wish i knew how to take them tho

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#220 DarkNessBear   CABear CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

DarkNessBear

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:17 PM

Holy crap.

You have a couple HD Movies don't ya...?

Nice collection. I didn't know Hot Rod was in HD! I want it!

#221 DestroVega   Life is short... stunt it CAGiversary!   7191 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

DestroVega

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:50 PM

I know who Killed me?

#222 Lice   Hero Squad CAGiversary!   1472 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:19 PM

Rsigley, Did you just buy every single HD movie that has come out? Just because?

#223 FREAKMIKE3   O RLY? CAGiversary!   235 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

FREAKMIKE3

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:59 PM

No pics, but heres a link to my dvd collection.

http://www.invelos.c...aspx/freakmike3

#224 metallicoholic   Metal 'Til I'm 60 CAGiversary!   1218 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

metallicoholic

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:18 AM

I'm assuming rsigley that you must work at some sort of DVD store. Otherwise, how do you have Michael Clayton and In the Valley of Ellah on HD already?

#225 rsigley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1218 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:47 AM

Rsigley, Did you just buy every single HD movie that has come out? Just because?

i guess, i just buy the ones that look interesting, but i try to give every movie a chance unless i think it looks too stupid. i usually buy all the new releases day of and i get catalog's in BOGO or through sales unless i really enjoyed the movie or wanted to see it but never watched it, then i'll buy it day of

I'm assuming rsigley that you must work at some sort of DVD store. Otherwise, how do you have Michael Clayton and In the Valley of Ellah on HD already?

nope, i actually run my own company - nothing to do with dvd sales tho.

i got clayton/elah from WHV, they shipped it out on thursday and i got it friday. usually when i order from WHV i get it on friday or monday morning, depends on how fast UPS gets it from cali to nj

watched both today, really good PQ on both (especially Elah). didn't really care for the stories on either tho. clayton has only deleted scenes which were useless, but elah had a nice 45 min or so documentary that was interesting, in SD of course.

#226 rsigley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1218 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:50 AM

I know who Killed me?

ha yea, kind of regret that one

i got it for $8 shipped brand new from amazon marketplace, so wasn't too bad

#227 THECLAW92   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   155 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

THECLAW92

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:16 AM

All i have to say is how much money do you waste having 200 blu rays and 199 HD DVDS? I could never have that many so fast. No way you can spend all of that in the BOGOs unless your rich.

#228 DarkNessBear   CABear CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

DarkNessBear

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:59 PM

Good Luck Chuck says, "yes".

All i have to say is how much money do you waste having 200 blu rays and 199 HD DVDS? I could never have that many so fast. No way you can spend all of that in the BOGOs unless your rich.

Yea, even if you got every movie for 10 dollars a piece it'd still come to like 4 grand.

#229 rsigley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1218 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

ha with good luck chuck i went to best buy to get the buy saw 4 get good luck chuck/war/or 3:10 to yuma for $15 and GLC was the only one they had, so i didn't want to waste a trip

<<All i have to say is how much money do you waste having 200 blu rays and 199 HD DVDS? I could never have that many so fast. No way you can spend all of that in the BOGOs unless your rich.>>

well i have 254 total (12 HD DVD import, 123 HD, 119 blu), but its not like i buy them and not watch them. there's only about 22 we haven't watched yet, but thats bc my girlfriend is taking the bar this year so we haven't had as much free time since she uses most of it to study

i don't really consider it a waste and the money isn't that significant

#230 Lice   Hero Squad CAGiversary!   1472 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:12 PM

This is cheap ass gamer sir not AVS! ;)

Though I do agree if you watch them its a good value of entertainment. Beats going to the theater to deal with the audiences there, getting around that is priceless.

#231 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3728 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:31 PM

rsigley, you dont have to defend yourself. Nothing wrong with what/how much you buy. You watch them and its your money, so no waste there. Hell I have a game collection that would make most people think I am NUTS, and I am.........about games. I am now up to around 4200 games, half still not beat. I am crazy I guess, but if you have the money and its your hobby, do as you please.

#232 Animal7390   Something Clever CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:23 PM

i am personally envious so good job rsigley

#233 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15547 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:30 PM

The way i figure it - going to movies nowadays with your babe is at least $20. If you buy anything there bump it up to $30.
I'd rather spend the money to get a movie forever and chill on my couch for $10(my limit on spending for next gen movies).
Of course theres the initial investment of a badass TV but you can use that for everything.

#234 Sporadic   done with this site CAGiversary!   9499 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:55 AM

I need to get a new photo of mine, I recently past the 90 mark.

#235 GrilledWitOnions   Thrillhouse! CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

GrilledWitOnions

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:40 AM

1. Post Pics of your HD Movies Thread is begun.
2. Pics Are Posted.
3. People say, "why so many HD movies?"

;)

At least you seem down to earth rsigley. It's true, money isn't everything, and if you've got it, well, it's a better hobby than, say, crack-cocaine.

#236 Veronica Mars   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2690 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Veronica Mars

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:47 AM

It's true, money isn't everything, and if you've got it, well, it's a better hobby than, say, crack-cocaine.

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

#237 DarkNessBear   CABear CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

DarkNessBear

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:04 AM

ha with good luck chuck i went to best buy to get the buy saw 4 get good luck chuck/war/or 3:10 to yuma for $15 and GLC was the only one they had, so i didn't want to waste a trip

<<All i have to say is how much money do you waste having 200 blu rays and 199 HD DVDS? I could never have that many so fast. No way you can spend all of that in the BOGOs unless your rich.>>

well i have 254 total (12 HD DVD import, 123 HD, 119 blu), but its not like i buy them and not watch them. there's only about 22 we haven't watched yet, but thats bc my girlfriend is taking the bar this year so we haven't had as much free time since she uses most of it to study

Haha, it's all good. I'm just jealous of your collection!

It's great to have a huge collection for when people come over. That's really my number one reason for upping my collection.

#238 freshzen   Big Mon CAGiversary!   4409 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:43 AM

Alright I have 52 BD & 8 HD, but if you include extras and stuff coming in the mail it goes from 60 to 80 :)

Spoiler

#239 Layd Dly  

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:28 AM

Blu-Ray is Currently up to date but HD is missing the 5 free i fianlly got after 6 months. Ive put off buying during the past few weeks so i could upgrade my computer, but here they are and teh count is @ 88 Blu-Ray & 19 HD DVD.
Posted Image

#240 Lice   Hero Squad CAGiversary!   1472 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:51 AM

Open your movies!