Post pics of your HD DVD and Blu-Ray collections!!

Jedi1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
191 (100%)
I dont recall seeing a thread like this recently and i figure with all the recent BOGO on both sides it might be interested seeing various collections...of course they usually change fast so it is kind of hard to keep the pics up to date;)

I am also curious how some of you organize them...

dsc01491yg0.jpg
dsc01492tc0.jpg
dsc01483bz3.jpg
dsc01486qy1.jpg

there's no real movie forum, so i don't see why its so bad being here

i'll post some pics tomorrow, gotta take new ones

[quote name='rooter']wow, you own a lot of really bad movies in HD![/quote]

lol...yea i know but they were either dirt cheap or i havent seen them yet to decide for myself...and some i blame the wife for:lol:

Damn... I love your collection. My collection of HD titles is weak is so, its growing though.

Here's mine.

The picture is missing The World's Fastest Indian (loaned it to a friend) and Dune/Red Dragon (will be here on Friday)

The two cases that are giving off the fucking massive reflection are Blade Runner and Ray.

hdcollection1kv1.jpg

hdcollection3nh8.jpg

- edit Better #2 picture.

[quote name='Beana Blasta']hey sporadic, is that band of brother true HD?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, everything in those photos are real HD-DVDs (unlike that one guy from AVS who takes photos of his homemade "HD-DVDs" and derails the thread for just about a whole page)

I imported Band Of Brothers from Japan.

- edit If you are talking about audio, they are DTS-HD

[quote name='Beana Blasta']hey sporadic, is that band of brother true HD?[/QUOTE]

I'm not Sporadic but, yes, its the now Out of print Japanese HD DVD import. I was really considering ordering it from xploitedcinema but now I can't.

Sporadic, you lucky SOB! ;)
You have two titles I want: Band of Brothers and Perfume!

I'll post pics of mine in a few minutes

[quote name='Ed_']Sporadic, you lucky SOB! ;)
You have two titles I want: Band of Brothers and Perfume! [/QUOTE]

:D I have to say, if you ever get the chance to get them, jump on it. They are both great.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i'll post mine when my 5 come in the mail from BB, i cant even come close with two big collections though[/QUOTE]

Hey, we all have to start somewhere.

This was the first picture of my collection I posted over at HighDefDigest back on 06-02-2007. It was only a very modest 12 back then.

sporadic1km6kn0.jpg

Sporadic: Total Recall and Terminator 2 are on HD-DVD? I thought they were Blu-ray only.

I've got 111 total currently, 52 HD 59 BD. I arrange them alphabetically by format. I'll picture it up tomorrow I guess.

[quote name='dg7md']Sporadic: Total Recall and Terminator 2 are on HD-DVD? I thought they were Blu-ray only.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are on HD-DVD in different countries.

Mine are from France and the really cool thing is my Terminator 2 has both the Director's Cut and the Theatrical.

Didn't think about them being imports. Makes sense with the no region coding. Thanks guys.

[quote name='technole']I see you are missing Bourne [SIZE=-1]Supremacy, ha![/SIZE][/quote]

lol...its on its way from best buy as we speak, ha!;)

[quote name='Jedi1979']lol...its on its way from best buy as we speak, ha!;)[/quote]

lol. I just got it today from BB on the B3G2 deal. Are Blu first than HD? Or do you just get the best deal no matter which format its offered in? Thats pretty much how I am.

[quote name='technole']lol. I just got it today from BB on the B3G2 deal. Are Blu first than HD? Or do you just get the best deal no matter which format its offered in? Thats pretty much how I am.[/quote]

depends on the deal but i try to stick with the blu versions if i can...unless there is a huge difference between the two regarding features or Picture quality

[quote name='bballplaya210']What is that Forbidden Planet box set? I've never seen it before.[/quote]

it just has a small Robby the Robot figure and some very nice lobby cards...i got it cheap but unfortunately this one was mispackaged and contains the regular DVD 2 disc set when the outer cardboard stated it was HD DVD...Warner is supposed to be sending me a prepaid label to send it back...

[quote name='johnmirra']where did you get mulholland drive on hd dvd ? possibly my favorite lynch movie ever[/quote]

I'd also like to know :drool:

[quote name='johnmirra']where did you get mulholland drive on hd dvd ? possibly my favorite lynch movie ever[/QUOTE]

[quote name='casualty']I'd also like to know :drool:[/QUOTE]

Import from France.

You guys would be best off buying it from XploitedCinema. They are an importer based here in America so you won't have to deal with currency issues or high/slow shipping.

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/mulholland-french-release-p-11235.html

I am going to warn you guys though; it isn't a massive upgrade (don't come in expecting it to look like the latest summer blockbuster or Planet Earth), some people have an issue with audio (see pitch correction/issue on my FAQ for more info http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161125) and since Universal has the rights, you think they would release it eventually in America.

But if you are a really big fan, I don't see how you could go wrong since it's only $15ish more than an American HD-DVD release.

You know i was looking at my collection today and even took a picture of it feeling good about what i've got in a fairly decent amount of time. Then i saw this thread and quickly became depressed. Nice collections going on CAGs! I picked up Hot Fuzz and Children Of Men last week on the amazon deal, so they're on the way.

DSC00657.jpg

Tagged. I really don't have any storage system for my hi-def stuff, so I'm too embarrassed to post pics right now.

I guess I'll post a pic when my orders from the BOGO arrive, but my collection isn't as impressive as some of yours D:

Very impressive collections.
I'll post mine in a few days once some of my movies from amazon bogo show up. Could you guys post pics from a little bit further back? I am trying to figure out what kind of dvd storage rack i want to buy and was looking for ideas.

[quote name='Sporadic']:D I have to say, if you ever get the chance to get them, jump on it. They are both great....[/quote]

I found a site that has Perfume on Blu-Ray. They have others too, like Exorcism of Emily Rose and Idenpendence Day...but I've tried creating an account and it keeps giving me an error...since it asks for an address in Spain. I'm going to email them to see what's up!

Back on topic- I'm going to pick up a few other BDs at BB today so I will post my pic later :cool:

ill have to post mine after i get my latest batch from b1g1 amazon sale.
Considering i don't pay more than $10 for a movie(effectively) as a new rule, i think its a decent sized collection

yall must be bored out of your fucking mind. yall a bunch of grown pussy eating, pussy fucking motherfuckers and have nothing better to do than post pics of your fucking dvd collection. Like who gives a fuck on how many movie you have. Get some pussy then talk to me. I'm gonna post a new thread post a pic of a female u fuck in the last week i wanna see how many of you guys respond except cheapy his marry

here's mine, the stand works fine if its two separate ones, but when i stack it on top the middle row is too small to fit dvd's and i'm too lazy to rebuild it now

blu ray - 94
hd dvd - 97 (22 combos)

hd11.jpg

hd22.jpg

hd33.jpg

i'll post my pics later... I only buy HD-DVD's and only on sale or discounted and only movies that I really like or are worth it. question to the guy that said he buys the blu-ray version of a movie unless it has a signifigant upgrade in special features etc... why? that's almost like buying a PS3 version of a game instead of the 360 version...

Heres my humble collection. :cool:

Blu-Ray = 71 (+4 On Order)
HD DVD
=
15 (+5 From Promo)

(click thumbs for grande)

Yes i know many are still sealed, i only open them when im ready to watch them. ;)

Holy shit when do you people find time to watch all of that? The only ones I have are King Kong and Transformers - and I still haven't seen either of them yet!! Tonight might be a good night for Transformers though...

bread's done
Back