Circuit City 8.96 360 games Project Sylpheed and Bullet Witch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll let this stand as it is a heads up that the games are on the CC web site available for purchase, but note that there has been an ongoing discussion about which games are on clearance (and more recently, which have dropped to $8.96) here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164314

and in particular on page 10:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164314&page=10

Just keep in mind there are more cheap games than the 2 in the OP of this thread, though most will only be available in store (and YMMV at that).

This does remind me that I do so very much need to head back to CC and price adjust that $16.96 Sylpheed I bought a few weeks ago ;).

Bullet witch is one of the most annoying games I have ever played but yet i went throught it about 5 times, if you plan on getting the achivements you must do this. I refuse to go after the 1000 point since i have 999 and am just so tired of this game.

at that price it might be worth it but prepare to be frustrated, game just gets unfair and cheap and harder difficulties.

[quote name='NegativeZero']Bullet witch is one of the most annoying games I have ever played but yet i went throught it about 5 times, if you plan on getting the achivements you must do this. I refuse to go after the 1000 point since i have 999 and am just so tired of this game.

at that price it might be worth it but prepare to be frustrated, game just gets unfair and cheap and harder difficulties.[/quote]

Did 'live' offer any updates like the back of the Bullet Witch box promised?

Bulletwitch has lots of DLC on Live, most of it cheap (like 20 points from what I remember) but it seems to me like your paying to unlock something already on the disc.

I enjoyed Bullet Witch. I'm on my second play through now. As far as updates go there were a few costumes which are free, and some tweaks to allow you to use magic anywhere among other things which cost points.

I enjoyed both games. They were under-rated in my opinion. They're not AAA titles, but they had their own charm if you like the style and mechanics of Japanese games. I felt like Project Sylpheed was pretty much Ace Combat in space.

[quote name='io']I'll let this stand as it is a heads up that the games are on the CC web site available for purchase, but note that there has been an ongoing discussion about which games are on clearance (and more recently, which have dropped to $8.96) here:[/quote]

I probably sound like a jerk here, but as always I have to point out that most people can't read 1200 threads every day to keep up with possible price drops-it's a struggle just to scan the threads since yesterday, and we'd never know about it if not for these posts. These prices aren't even in the original post there.

Wish Bullet Witch was still in stock. Guess I'll play the demo for the new Slypheed to see if I'd like it.

Dammit i already bought Slypheed for 16.96, guess i go buy the 8.96 version and take my 16.96 version back. That 8 Bucks will buy me another clearance Game.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Guess I'll play the demo for the new Slypheed to see if I'd like it.[/quote]

I wouldn't recommend it on sale price $8.96 games. It'll be gone by the time you try to get it (unless you happen to catch it back in stock later, but I never got Monster Madness a couple weeks back when I didn't jump on it right away).

[quote name='GBmanNC']Just a headsup, it very well may be all clearence games jumping to this price as shown in this sundays (6th) ad[/quote]

That's what threw me when I saw this thread, I knew this sale was coming up, but you may have a hard time getting most of these titles when Sunday rolls around if they start putting them up at this price before the sale starts. Something to watch for.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Dammit i already bought Slypheed for 16.96, guess i go buy the 8.96 version and take my 16.96 version back. That 8 Bucks will buy me another clearance Game.[/quote]

Buy FFV with it :cool:

Darnit...it SAYS Sylpheed is in stock online, but when I try to finish the order, it won't complete it...what gives?

yeah same thing happened to me , I put sylpheed and rogue galaxy in my cart and when i got to the shipping choice page it says it's not available for shipping even though it's "not available for in-store pick-up" and removes itself from my cart. What the hell?

If anyone happens to find an extra LOTR 360 on the cheap, CML. I've got a sealed Monster Madness as well as a few other clearance items from various stores.

Just try your local store, I just got back from the Keene, NH store and they had about 5 copies of each. So I picked both up along with Advent Rising for $1.97

[quote name='StarKnightX']yeah same thing happened to me , I put sylpheed and rogue galaxy in my cart and when i got to the shipping choice page it says it's not available for shipping even though it's "not available for in-store pick-up" and removes itself from my cart. What the hell?[/quote]

Welcome to the wonderful world of CC e-commerce. Another fun thing they do is let you order an item on backorder at a great price, never fill the order, and then stock it in stores and online again at regular price.

[quote name='turls']That's what threw me when I saw this thread, I knew this sale was coming up, but you may have a hard time getting most of these titles when Sunday rolls around if they start putting them up at this price before the sale starts. Something to watch for.[/quote]
For those who might have trouble finding your copy at Circuit City (like me), don't forget that quite a few different companies will price-match those games easy and fast.

:)

Damn, was hoping to get Project Sylpheed since I was debating getting it from the Gamefly sale for $13 or $14 and would be $11.66 shipped new from Circuit City (already got Bullet Witch from the sale). Hope it comes back in stock later, thanks OP.

[quote name='VIDEOGAME IGODI']For those who might have trouble finding your copy at Circuit City (like me), don't forget that quite a few different companies will price-match those games easy and fast.

:)[/quote]

Like who and how? Some of the games will work, it'll be in the ad, but not all of the games will be. It would involve calling them, and that'll also do a stock check.

[quote name='io']This does remind me that I do so very much need to head back to CC and price adjust that $16.96 Sylpheed I bought a few weeks ago ;).[/quote]...Because it sucks?

I understand that we're all cheap asses here, but you seem particularly adamant.

Yeah CC online is a pain in the ass. The last time they had these cheap games I ordered Monster Madness, Call of Juarez and Red Steel. Then, after having already taken my money, they send me an email telling me they're out of stock of Red Steel. I sent three e-mails asking for a rain check which received precisely zero responses. At least three weeks after the first two arived I was reimbursed for the game I didn't receive...

I guess I may still buy Bulletwitch if it comes back in stock though....

[quote name='ddrpower']Like who and how? Some of the games will work, it'll be in the ad, but not all of the games will be. It would involve calling them, and that'll also do a stock check.[/quote]

It also won't work if the ad states that the games are on clearance. Most places won't PM clearance games.

[quote name='ddrpower']Like who and how? [/quote]
Who will price match? I've never had a problem price-matching items at walmart. The only time I've ever had a problem is when I tried to price-match an item from a different walmart. As far as price-matching with a different company, I've had no problems (5 different games).

:)

[quote name='siderealshift']...Because it sucks?

I understand that we're all cheap asses here, but you seem particularly adamant.[/QUOTE]

No, it's because I can get $8 back with minimal effort and I'm about to hit 30 days on that receipt so I need to do it soon. That is all ;).

However, with the possibility that ALL the $16.96 games may drop on Sunday I'm hesitant to go in there now. I could get back $24 now (Sylpheed, Custom Robo, NBA Street Homecourt) or possibly get MUCH more back on Sunday. Ah hell, I'll probably do those 3 now and then just go again if I have to...

[quote name='wolfpup']
I probably sound like a jerk here, but as always I have to point out that most people can't read 1200 threads every day to keep up with possible price drops-it's a struggle just to scan the threads since yesterday, and we'd never know about it if not for these posts. These prices aren't even in the original post there.
[/quote]
Well, that is exactly why I left it here - but the fact that these would go OOS pretty quickly on the web site is why I directed people to the other thread. I wouldn't want people to miss these when there's a good chance these two games, in any case, are still in stock at many CC's. And I put the link to page 10 because I knew the OP wasn't updated with the recent drop ;).

Picked up both Project Sylpheed and Bullet Witch at my local store for the $8.96 price. They didn't have the games seperated or priced correctly on the floor yet, but they rang up correct.

The last Slypheed was gone so i couldnt rebuy it and then return my $16 copy, will they do a price match now that the clearance price lowered, i know some dont.

But i did manage to grab Bullet Witch, and Elite Beeat Agents. I Passed on Custom Robo and FFV (Trade Fodder).

[quote name='yuffiestrife']Okay I must be the only one here who liked Bullet Witch AND Final Fantasy X-2.[/quote]

I acually want FFX and FFX-2.
But, I don't wanna to pay 20 bucks for them.

Bought a copy of Bullet Witch at the City of Industry CC. There was still 2 left when I left which was about 10 minutes ago.

I actually bought the Japanese version of this game because I liked the art so much and while the game is lacking, it's not a terrible game. The sad thing is that the graphics on this game puts some current X360 games to shame.

Project Sylpheed was nowhere to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back