Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector - $27 shipped

[quote name='paintball745']what are the advantages of this because the wii can already do wifi.[/quote]

It's for people without wireless routers or people who can't get their wireless router to work with the Wii/DS.

That's a good price, but it's a shame the product is garbage.

Nintendo's support for this POS is downright atrocious. I actually bought one of these things almost 2 years ago to play some online DS games. The only way I was eventually able to use it was to completely shut off any and all anti-virus and firewall software (or else buy new compatible software). I kept hoping for them to improve compatibility, but they didn't.

I eventually gave mine to my brother when he moved into a place which didn't allow personal wireless networks (he gave me his wireless router), and then he proceeded to spend a ton of time trying to get it to work with his setup (of course at the time he couldn't even use it on his good computer since it took them a couple of months to get Vista support for the device).

Anyways, according to Nintendo's official website http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineUSB.jsp
It's now a discontinued item, to be honest I wish it was discontinued ages ago considering how poorly it was supported.

Yeah, the Wii has a G card and uses a B driver, so it doesn't work on pure G networks; and forget WPA2. I bought the wired ethernet adaptor and ran a cable. Nintendo doesn't understand networking to save their lives. I don't get all the pissing and moaning about the 360's lack of built-in WiFi; Micro$oft didn't put in a major security hole for once and people are upset.

I had problems with this the day it came out. Went to support, we had an ongoing discussion about it, and support was terrible. Ended up not using it because it just didn't work.

bread's done
Back