Where can I find cheap video game Official Soundtracks?

yellowaznboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I found http://gkworld.zoovy.com/ , which has some of the best prices I could find (specifically, for SaGa Frontier and XenoGears). My bro actually purchased Front Mission 3's OST (2 Discs, 47 tracks) from the above site for $9.95. Pretty damn good if you ask me!

Still, does anyone know of any better sites? Thanks for looking.

That site is awesome! It seems a little too good to be true, though. I might just have to make an order and see ...

Well, like I said, my brother purchased the Front Mission 3 OST. Pretty fast shipping, too (ordered on Saturday, came Friday).

I guess this is the best site; I'm going to order the SaGa Frontier OST (3 discs, 70+ tracks!).

Get em at gamemusic.com if you want real stuff. Ongoing debate on whether to buy real or bootleg. Real = more expensive but help support composer's work. Fake = cheaper of course.

gamemusic.com sells real stuff now? I ordered from them a long time ago (I think 6 years) and got bootleg CDs. I didn't know they were bootlegs at the time, but since I found out they were, I've never ordered from them again.

I haven't ordered from GameMusic.com in about 2 years now, but in total, I've ordered around 20 CDs from them. I have never received a bootleg from them. If I remember correctly, they did once sell bootlegs, as you say, Jack, but even then I remember them being labeled as such.

Yeah, I think they were marked as SM or Ever Anime. I was new to game soundtracks at the time, so I didn't know that those weren't the real publishers.

Besides Gamemusic, are there any other guaranteed non bootleg places to purchase game soundtracks?

Thanks for the heads up on GKWorld. I was watching a few of their auctions on eBay.

Although I never ordered CDs from them, I'm pretty sure animenation.com sells the real ones. rightstuf.com has official US releases, but no imports.

How can they get away with selling bootlegs? It looks like a pretty big site, you'd think they would get shut down for that. They must be pretty convincing copies.

http://www.videogamedepot.com

I bookmarked this site a couple of years ago because I saw that they sold game music at decent prices. Some of their soundtracks, like the big 4CD sets, sell for $25, but you'll find a lot of them for normal CD prices (i.e. $14). They seem to have a pretty decent selection too. However, I've never ordered from them, so I can't speak for their service or whether their soundtracks are real or bootlegged. I checked into them on BizRate and they've been rated very highly, so it may be worth checking out.

I've ordered games from videogamedepot.com twice. Very good service. I wasn't happy with the condition of a used game I bought and they took it back without any problems. Their CDs are bootleg though. Aything that says EA (Ever Anime) or SM (Son May) is a bootleg.

You could also try cduniverse.com and amazon.co.jp, their stuff seems official. amazon.com also has official CDs, but watch out for other stores selling through amazon.com, they may not be official releases.

I also found these links that you may find useful:

http://chudahs-corner.com/links/

Unless you are paying $25 or more for a soundtrack, it is a bootleg, likely from EverAnime or Son May (SM). The bootleg discs look and sound the same as official releases - usually the only difference is the label on the disk, and the logo on the package.

CDs in Japan have ALWAYS cost more, due to economic differences between our two countries. Combine this, with a strong yen and import/export fees, and it is economically impossible for an "official" soundtrack to cost anything less than $25. CD print runs tend to be short for certain games as well, so if u just bought a Soul Edge soundtrack that is brand new, I can 100% guarantee it is bootleg. So, if u are paying bargain prices, you are buying bootlegs.

[quote name='ZForce317']How can they get away with selling bootlegs? It looks like a pretty big site, you'd think they would get shut down for that. They must be pretty convincing copies.[/quote]

I think if they haven't been released in your country then it's perfectly legit. At least, that's why people don't get in trouble for downloading unreleased in the US anime.

are the boots from VGD of good quality? do the come with everything originals have? im asking cause im tinking of getting the ff7 OST, and the rez ost when i order my gameboy. i just want to make sure these arent gonna suck or be missing anything

bread's done
Back