- - - - -

Complete Guide to Freebie Sites - Beginners to Pros - Get high approval rates!

#1 iowaholdem   Tooters CAGiversary!   1997 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:53 AM

Posted Image

Be sure to expand all the
Spoiler
tags!

TABLE OF CONTENTS

I. GETTING STARTED - TIPS FOR MAXIMIZING YOUR POINTS

Spoiler

II. QUALITY FREEBIE SITES - MY PERSONAL SUGGESTIONS
Spoiler

III. PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF - THESE SITES REALLY WORK
Spoiler

IV. TIPS ON GETTING MORE REFERRALS FOR YOURSELF
Spoiler

V. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Spoiler

I. GETTING STARTED - TIPS FOR MAXIMIZING YOUR POINTS

This section here is non-specific to any particular freebie site, but should be useful for both the new and experienced users of freebie sites. The idea behind referral sites is this: The parent company (ie: the site you sign up for) has affiliate relations with advertisers (read: spammers) that want your information, namely your name, address, email and phone number. What these advertisers will do is agree to pay the parent company every time that parent company provides them with a legitimate referral (YOU!). That parent company then promises you credit for their site to intice you to sign up with the advertisers. This is how you get your freebies. It's important to remember that NO site is going to give you 100% credit for your signups and effort - however this guide is intended to give you tips to maximize your efficiency (ratio of points earned to points applied for) to ensure you get what you deserve and get many free prizes! Now on to the tips!

1. GMAIL - IT'S YOUR BEST FRIEND

Spoiler

2. VALID INFO - BUT CHOOSE THAT INFO WISELY

Spoiler

3. NEVER SIGN UP WITHOUT BEING REFERRED - YOU MIGHT GET SOMETHING BACK

Spoiler

4. START OFF SMALL

Spoiler

5. RECOGNIZE HAZARDS - PART 4 CONTINUED

Spoiler

6. RADIO BUTTONS - YES, NO, OH BOY

Spoiler

7. DOT METHOD - GMAIL SERVES IT'S TRUE PURPOSE

Spoiler

8. COOKIES - NOM NOM NOM

Spoiler

9. FINALLY - KEEP GOING

Spoiler

II. QUALITY FREEBIE SITES - MY PERSONAL SUGGESTIONS

1. GAMING LAGOON

Posted Image

Referral link: http://www.gaminglagoon.com/?ref=21423

PROS:

100% legit
Offers are well divided into sections: 100% Free, Credit Card Required, Purchase Required, Free But May Not Credit, Financial Offers, Daily Surveys
Great support: Scheduled hotline calls, support tickets, forums
Very high approval rate as of recent
Loads of contests for free points
Daily gaming card give aways
Ability to custom order from nearly any site

CONS:

Dangerously strict with banning people that appear to have multiple accounts or that ever access their account on someone else's computer
Support ticket system is very slow
Verification of account can be a pain in the ass

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:

This is the first freebie site I signed up for. And this is the site on which I have had by far the most success. They were great in the beginning, then really slacked off for awhile, though within the last few months they really cleaned up their act and approval rates have soared again. Credit card offers are plentiful, and almost alway credit. If they don't, there is a system to requesting manual credit with the support tickets. The support forums are very active and a great resource. I definitely recommend this site for first time freebie goers.

MY PRIZES:

(2) Wii Classic Controllers
(2) Nyko Wii Remote Chargers
(2) Referral Cards to Give to Friends
(1) Point Donation to Ella
(1) Guitar Hero III Bundle for Wii
(185) Best Buy Gift Card Credits
(1) 2000 Wii Points
(2) Triwing Screwdrivers
(1) Logitech Action Wireless PS2 Controller

RATING: Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

SUGGESTED USER BASE:

Everyone! This site is great for beginners. The expectations are well layed out and it's easy to understand what's needed to do for credit. Also, there's something about hitting [COMPLETED] after each offer that really lets people know that they're submitting an offer for evaluation and credit. This site can be a little intimidating at first though. With the phone call validation at sign up to the voice message validatation of identity before receiving your first price, it can feel a little daunting. But once that's taken care of, the site is top notch, and has, by far, the most potentia to earn a lot of points and big prizes.

2. PRIZE REBEL

Posted Image

Referral link: http://www.prizerebe...ndex.php?r=2637

PROS:

Easy sign up process - very little information required
Amazingly fast support system - answers in MINUTES
Offers credit very quickly - if they credit
Custom orders from Amazon.com - including Amazon Gift Certificates

CONS:

No support forums
No manual credit for credit card required offers
Custom order ONLY from Amazon.com
New offers aren't common

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:

This has been my little side site for gaming goodness. In the beginning, I found it amazingly fast and easy to use, but recently I think it's gotten harder for freebie offers to credit. This might just be me, but I don't often do offers anymore. Prizes have been shipped very quickly, however there's little in the way of communication between PR staff and the user with updates on prize status. Lacking the [COMPLETED] button of Gaming Lagoon, it's easy for users to feel as if this site is not legit if several offers go uncredited in the beginning. Of course, if you've read the GETTING STARTED portion of my guide, you should be well prepared to earn plenty of points.

MY PRIZES:

(1) Wii Nunchuck
(1) Guitar Hero III Bundle for Wii
(35) Best Buy Gift Card Credits

SUGGESTED USER BASE:

I think Prize Rebel is a great site for two types of people. The first being those that have already got a good understanding of a freebie site like Gaming Lagoon that are looking for a secondary site to earn anywhere from 20-100 points for some extra schwag. I also think this is a good site for people that don't want to mess with the validation of a site like Gaming Lagoon. At sign up, all that is required is a name, email address, password and agreement of the TOS. They'll never ask for your phone number for identity verification.

3. REWARDS1

Posted Image

Referral link: http://www.rewards1....eferrer_id=7919

PROS:

Easy credits on free offers
Support tickets and support forums
Literally any prize can be ordered from Amazon.com - not limited just to gaming supplies
Will attempt to order BUY IT NOW eBay auctions
Can custom order any gift card from any store

CONS:

Tough to tell if credit is coming
Terrible break down of different categories of offers - Free, Credit Card - Free, Credit Card - Pay, Cell Phone offers all mixed together
Not a whole lot of offers available

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:

I was able to very quickly earn points to order a $30 Best Buy gift card. Fulfillment of that prize took a full three days, which is a little slower than exepected, but well within the range of times they quote (2-7 days for prize validation). This site was really exciting at first, but quickly died out for me as it got very hard to keep earning points as there are so few offers. I do like the site a lot, but it's nothing amazing. As far as personal preference, I like it more than Prize Rebel (which is rated lower, based on it's quality of being a freebie site), though I doubt I'll earn nearly as many points with it as I did there.

MY PRIZES:

(1) $30 Best Buy Gift Card
(1) $15 Best Buy Gift Card - Can't be processed due to PR's credit card

SUGGESTED USER BASE:

Looking for some really quick points from free offers? This is the place to go. Set up much like Prize Rebel, the site is very easy to get started on and even easier to earn points. Again, there are not too many offers, only about 115 (maybe a 1/10 of what Gaming Lagoon has), but I earned over 20 points in my first 24 hours on the site. Don't expect to earn points along the scope of getting a gaming console - though they are listed as prizes - there just aren't that many offers. However, quick points can be earned as the free offers tend to have quite large point values.

4. FREE PRIZE SITE

Posted Image

REFERRAL LINK: http://www.freeprizesite.com/?ref=79

PROS:

Just like GamingLagoon - in essence - which could be good
Fastest offer approvals experienced
Run by one person - which could be good
No identity verification like on Network Lagoon sites
Prizes confirmed in under 24 hours
Over 1200 offers at opening

CONS:

None, at the moment

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:

This site has been absolutely perfect so far. Granted, it's only a week old, but it's still nailed every point that makes a freebie site great. Offer approvals are blazing fast (generally less than 5 minutes), and I was able to earn enough points to order a $10 eBay gift certificate by the second time I sat down to do some offers. That prize request was fulfilled in less than 24 hours, too. Below you'll see that this site is getting a 5-star rating. That, I imagine, is just the initial excitement. The site is great right now, though I expect it to slow down at some point, and then I will readjust the rating.

MY PRIZES:

(1) $10 eBay Gift Certificate
(55) Best Buy Gift Card Credits

RATING:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

SUGGESTED USER BASE:

Anyone that wants to get on board a new freebie site in its infancy. KoA/FredericoX comes from a good freebie site background, so he should know how to run the site pretty well. If not, I bet he can find some help with the Dietzel staff.

III. PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF - THESE SITES REALLY WORK

1. GAMING LAGOON

Spoiler

2. PRIZE REBEL

Spoiler

3. REWARDS1

Spoiler

4. FREE PRIZE SITE

Spoiler

IV. TIPS ON GETTING MORE REFERRALS FOR YOURSELF

"All this is nice, but how do I get referrals?!" Oh this must be the most asked question in this history of freebie sites - that and "How do I cancel my free trial?" Well the real trick to getting referrals is finding good places to refer people! That and being creative and not annoying. No one likes a spammer. Seriously, no one. Check out these easy methods of earning referrals.

1. REFERRAL BANNERS - DUH

Spoiler

2. DON'T SPAM - OBEY THE T.O.S.

Spoiler

3. REFERRAL CARDS - FREE ADVERTISING, BUSINESS METHODS - CUSTOM REFERRAL CARDS INSIDE

Spoiler

4. iTUNES - SHARE YOUR REFERRAL LINK WITH YOUR MUSIC

Spoiler

5. CONTESTS - EVERYONE LIKES TO WIN

Spoiler

Edited by iowaholdem, 22 September 2008 - 11:05 PM.

#2 iowaholdem   Tooters CAGiversary!   1997 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:54 AM

V. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

hey can u give me any real pointers on how to get stuff from gaminglagoon.com? i tried and after 14.64 they stopped approving my offers?

My real pointers are in my guide. Expand the spoilers. It tells you everything you need. I'm not keeping the "real pointers" to myself. All of the tips and tricks I've learned over the year or so that I've been doing these freebie sites are in my guide!

Sorry to ask but do we need a credit card for this?

I'm broke at the moment so buying games is out of the question do you guys recommend this?

Absolutely not! On all of these sites there are more than enough offers to earn you plenty of games. On Rewards1, since signing up last night, I've done ONLY 100% free offers (no CC required) and earned $19.80 with more pending! Gaming Lagoon has by far the most offers that are completely free though. Of course, if you're willing to use a credit card (or debit card...), the offers that require CC's pay out HUGE points which will go a very long way towards earning freebie stuff.

I read someones thread on CAG, and now I am paranoid about text message/phone bills. Have you ever gotten any crazy phone charges or anything like that? I have been careful not to do any offers where I have to receive calls and enter pins or anything like that. I was just wondering if I should be seriously worried about this.

Yes, I did an offer labeled Cell Phone Required once and was charged 9.99 on my cell phone bill. They texted me, I entered the pin in to the website, and bam, charged. I canceled immediately after receiving credit which was only a matter of minutes, but it was too late. Other times I've seen this happen without having to confirm a PIN is with Bid4Prizes.com and all of their offers.

whoah big problem! the OP says never to give ur phone number, but for freeprizesite they asked me for my phone number, called me, and I input my "activation number:

am I screwed? I sent them a nasty email saying to cancel my account and remove any records of my personal information....

No, that's not what I say at all! I say be careful when the offer sites ask specifically for a cell phone number with the goal of sending out text messages that require PIN number verifications. Sites like these are FlyCell, Bid4Prizes, and LoveTips (among many others). Sites like these SHOULD NOT be completed because you will be charged. That DOES NOT mean use a fake cell phone, or to always enter in a fake cell phone number. Most sites will never bother with your cell phone, but you have to keep an eye out for those that do and AVOID them, don't give them false information. And besides, FPS is legit, and yes they require a real phone number (cell or landline is fine) in order to validate your account and alert you of processed prizes. All Lagoon Network sites also require a valid phone number. Read that section again, and carefully.

Posted Image

#3 iowaholdem   Tooters CAGiversary!   1997 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:05 AM

Middle of the night, insomniac bump!

#4 iowaholdem   Tooters CAGiversary!   1997 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:37 PM

Good morning everyone. Bump! Rewards1 is crediting nicely. I'm up to 16.20 points in less than 12 hours!

Posted Image

#5 iowaholdem   Tooters CAGiversary!   1997 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:23 AM

Big update today! Check the last section for tips on getting referrals! C'mon guys, this has been quite a project for me - POST POST POST! Let me know what you think of the guide, the sites, and suggest some more to me. But don't just post your referral link looking for a hand out, talk to me about the sites, intrigue me. Anyone spamming in here will have Foladar to answer to! Haha.

Posted Image

#6 SpitFire158  

SpitFire158

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:36 AM

Nice guide Iowa. Prize Rebel is a legit site, i got a 1 month card from them.

#7 iowaholdem   Tooters CAGiversary!   1997 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:35 AM

Nice guide Iowa. Prize Rebel is a legit site, i got a 1 month card from them.

Yeah, it really is a good site. Not the best, but I definitely like it. What other sites do you use? I think I owe you one for being my referral on Goozex... sometime I'll use your link to sign up for Points2Shop!

I suppose since this is my thread, I can post about anything in here, right? Well completely off topic - anyone watching American Gladiators? Haha, I'm so glad this childhood adrenaline show is back! It's great.

Posted Image

#8 RepedeGoesWoof   Woof Woof Woof CAGiversary!   1496 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

RepedeGoesWoof

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:57 AM

very organized and clean, I could stare at this thread for a bit before I close it =P.

American Gladiators? I used to watch that on ESPN Classic for a bit, now it's back? Gotta check it out, that show actually made me laugh at times.

666277.png

#9 iowaholdem   Tooters CAGiversary!   1997 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:11 AM

very organized and clean, I could stare at this thread for a bit before I close it =P.

American Gladiators? I used to watch that on ESPN Classic for a bit, now it's back? Gotta check it out, that show actually made me laugh at times.

Thanks, if only you knew how many times I've gone through and edited and previewed my edits before posting. I bet it's upwards of 30 or so by now. I tried very hard to make it look pleasing. Before I added all the SPOILER tags, it was a serious WALL OF TEXT! And I figured no one would bother. So I really feel it's definitely worth reading, check them out if you haven't already. Also, for you specifically, Ichicgo, thanks for turning me on to rewards1 and suggesting a worth referral (SMMM). I hope he's enjoying it!

Posted Image

#10 Ruisu107   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   24 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Ruisu107

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:32 AM

I'm broke at the moment so buying games is out of the question do you guys recommend this?

#11 SpitFire158  

SpitFire158

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:38 AM

Ya none of those require a CC

#12 iowaholdem   Tooters CAGiversary!   1997 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:40 AM

Absolutely not! On all of these sites there are more than enough offers to earn you plenty of games. On Rewards1, since signing up last night, I've done ONLY 100% free offers (no CC required) and earned $19.80 with more pending! Gaming Lagoon has by far the most offers that are completely free though. Defintely check them out, ask questions and I'll help. I haven't bought a game since Super Paper Mario several months ago! And that's not by forfeitting new games - but by using these freebie sites!

So Ruisu107, find a good referral link up there and give it a shot! Good luck! :applause:

Posted Image

#13 Ruisu107   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   24 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Ruisu107

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:41 AM

Ya none of those require a CC

Great thanks so much I'm on price rebel just made an account so maybe i wont be afraid to give this a shot

#14 iowaholdem   Tooters CAGiversary!   1997 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:44 AM

Great! Welcome to the wonderful world of freebie sites! Be sure to read SECTION I of my guide to help you earn the most points possible! Tell us, did you use someone's referral link?

Posted Image

#15 Ruisu107   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   24 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Ruisu107

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:47 AM

Great! Welcome to the wonderful world of freebie sites! Be sure to read SECTION I of my guide to help you earn the most points possible! Tell us, did you use someone's referral link?

I'm really sorry i didnt see the links until after so i went straight to the site

but if its possible i could make a new account doing it

I don't know how to start

#16 SpitFire158  

SpitFire158

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:49 AM

Have u signed up for Points to Shop?

#17 iowaholdem   Tooters CAGiversary!   1997 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:50 AM

I'm really sorry i didnt see the links until after so i went straight to the site

but if its possible i could make a new account doing it

I don't know how to start

Before you syart I strongly suggest you read my guide. Be sure to do everything up there before starting at PR or any other freebie site.

Posted Image

#18 Ruisu107   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   24 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Ruisu107

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:54 AM

Have u signed up for Points to Shop?

I cant seem to find it

BTW I need to go tomorrow I have to present my senior project so i need to rest for that thnx again i Booked this page just in case

#19 SpitFire158  

SpitFire158

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:56 AM

it's in my sig. Iowa said it was ok to post it in here.

#20 Ruisu107   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   24 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Ruisu107

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:02 AM

OK I booked it is it ok if I ask more about this tomorrow?

#21 SpitFire158  

SpitFire158

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:05 AM

Sure, if you need help about P2S ask me or Pm me

#22 iowaholdem   Tooters CAGiversary!   1997 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:07 AM

Yep. But if you have any questions about Points2Shop - I won't be able to help. I've only used Gaming Lagoon, Prize Rebel and Rewards1. So good luck on your senior project. Hopefully you'll get some good freebie earning time tomorrow!

Posted Image

#23 iowaholdem   Tooters CAGiversary!   1997 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:27 AM

BUMP! The OP has been updated with a new TIP and the second post has been turned in to section V. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Posted Image

#24 iowaholdem   Tooters CAGiversary!   1997 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:15 AM

Rewards1 really continues to impress me! I just did another 3 point offer from RJR (that's the forth one!) that should clear in the next several hours like the last three did. With that done, I expect to wake up to find at least 25.00 points in my R1 account! I'll immediately go ahead and custom order a $25 Best Buy gift certificate from the site at that point. Then I can go ahead and give it a rating! However, with the rating, I already know I'm going to take off 1 star for limited offers. It's a great site, but there's just not enough there to really give people a lot of reason to keep going back. It's really unfortunate because that site really is great.

Well, bed time here. Enjoy earning freebies while I catch some sleep z's. See what I did there? Haha.

Posted Image

#25 Litherish   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   40 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:06 AM

I have one point so far. But almost all the 100% free offers on Gaming Lagoon require phone numbers, something you advise against...I'd rather not give my phone number away to 100's of different random websites.

#26 Foladar   Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff Forum Moderator   3622 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:12 AM

Great thread Iowa, them spoiler tags are a good idea .. hmmmmmm.
BTW Litherish, you can use your cell phone (if you have one) that way you can see who is calling you, if your worried about "phone spam" .. however the only time they should be contacting you is if your signing up for more information on a company/school.

#27 Ruisu107   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   24 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Ruisu107

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:51 AM

just woke up a few minutes ago and i'll be leaving in a few but I for got to ask yesturday How much Snail Mail do you guys recieve?

#28 SpitFire158  

SpitFire158

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:19 PM

just woke up a few minutes ago and i'll be leaving in a few but I for got to ask yesturday How much Snail Mail do you guys recieve?

What's snail mail?

#29 iowaholdem   Tooters CAGiversary!   1997 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:54 PM

Quite a bit. Mabye 5 or so pieces a week. Of course, if you read the guide about using valid info, there's a tip that may help you control the snail mail.

Posted Image

#30 iowaholdem   Tooters CAGiversary!   1997 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:57 PM

I have one point so far. But almost all the 100% free offers on Gaming Lagoon require phone numbers, something you advise against...I'd rather not give my phone number away to 100's of different random websites.

No, I don't necessarily advise against ever using a cell phone, but that you be sure that you read the signup agreements to make sure they won't text message you or start a subscription service with your number.

Posted Image