Contest (CAG Foreplay #28): Win World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Collector's Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
As detailed in CAG Foreplay Podcast #28, CAG Majora2010 was kind enough to donate a brand new and sealed World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Collector's Edition for the PC.

Listen to the show for details on how to win (or just copy the trend that you see forming of those that actually listened)! Winner will be announced on the next CAG Foreplay.

Good luck everyone and thanks again, Majora2010!

Off topic, but where'd the beard go?

Never played any WoW because my old computer was garbage. I've just recently upgraded but the monthly fees after initial purchase have kept me at bay. Worst case scenario, I'd still love the art book. Thanks Majora2010!

Also, I think you should set up a row of lawn chairs in between the sofa sections.

I played it for about a week when a friend gave me a trial. I didn't really want to dish out the money for the monthly payment, so I didn't keep playing.

I played it during a free trial and could definitely see the appeal, but I couldn't justify the monthly subscription. I felt like that would make me want to just play that and neglect other games because I was paying the monthly fee, rather than purely for fun.

I been playing for a couple years on and off, definitely had good times, and need something like this to rekindle it, or make a quick buck off of, not sure :)

I started playing WoW because I love blizzard's previous games (who doesn't?) and have been playing off and on for the past couple years. I'm a student so there is no way I'd pay that much for a Collector's Edition (I think it was going for close to $99?), but I'd love to have it in my colection with a stroke of luck!

Haven't played it - afraid of it consuming my life. And no one to play it with. But now my FATHER is trying to push me into an MMO - I'm an economics student, and he seems to think that since I spend so much time on the video games anyways, I should try to get some research ideas out of it, and most of the interesting economic interactions in video games occur in the MMO space.

Been playing on & off for a year or two. Right now I'm back into pretty heavily because my friends got back into it, and thats been fun. I dont have burrning yet, so I'd be happy to get it.

As for the furniture, use the odd pieces to make a fort until the other arives. Play yourselfs some live action rampart!

played the free trial of the first warcraft and i thought it was pretty good one of the few mmo's i liked then my trial ran out my sister also enjoyed it so i went out and got it.and as for the missing couch peice you can use a coffe table or use all your old video game concsles.

I'm going to use the alternative contest entry that Mrs. Shipwreck mentioned. Put the sectionals in a space facing each other with end tables in the end where it's supposed to hook up with that last section.

On that topic, I suggest you refuse delivery. What happens if the 3rd piece comes and it doesn't match? Or if it just never comes and they charge you for the whole thing? I'd recommend you tell them you want all or nothing... Unless you're really hard up for a place to sit, of course. :)

I played it a little over a year ago before Burning Crusade even came out, but I just never re-activated my account after my 60 days were up, no real good reason either. And my friend/his brother just started playing again, so I guess if I got my hands on this, it'd be motivation to restart my account.

I played WoW pretty hardcore for about two years but got burned out and quit. Just recently picked it back up when some friends decided to start from scratch. Haven't got to the point of needing to buy BC on my new account yet so woots if I win. =P

I am currently playing WoW as a mid-level (35) night elf druid on the Trollbane (non-PvP) server. I play solo, and most just enjoy running around the world looking at and doing stuff. I'm nowhere near the level cap yet, and have yet to get into Outland, the extra continent the BC expansion adds.

i put countless hours of gameplay into WOW before i ran out of money and could no longer afford to play it. I would love to get back into it. A collector's edition of the game would be a great reason to jump back in

o_o Wow... I'd love to go back to WoW.. (Yes, I've played WoW :p Spent the last two years playing it.. then I kinda just forgot about it >

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Off topic, but where'd the beard go?

I''l save this post by entering the contest after I get to listen.[/quote]

I noticed that last night.

I'd like to know where the parrot went? Did one of the mice get ahold of it?

I bought it about a year ago because I had 2 roommates that said they'd help me level up. Then for christmas my sister bought me a two month pass so I could play with her while she's at home with her baby. I dont have burning crusade yet, though, so it'd be nice.

I played wow for a couple of months and did not want to pay to play a game. Put some bumper stickers on it to put the couches together.

I played WoW for one hour on a private server. Got bored. I wouldn't mind a copy of Burning Crusade so that I wouldn't have spend hours to download it - then I could take my precious time getting to level 70 and forgetting to do homework.

I played for a while, untill lvl 20 and got burnt out. but my dad is the WoW person he's almost at lvl 60 this would be an awesome gift

I play it off and on. I stop whenever I have to go back to college, so I only play on my breaks. It's a great game, just like all of Blizzard's other games. Benn playing it off and on ever since it came out, actually.

I played for about two weeks after ending my 2+ year account with FFXI. I was a little disappointed. Joined a PVP forum because I thought I would be able to talk to my cousin, but she was never on, and the only people that wanted to talk to me just wanted my head on their pointy sticks. It was pretty and fluid, though, and ran well on a 56k modem. It was a little too easy compared to FFXI, though.

Edit: I've removed my post since I do not want to be considered for the contest. I meant to post in the other Foreplay thread.

I played for about six months, two years ago. I've been thinking of getting back in to try burning crusade, fingers crossed.... :)

Played, insanely hardcore up till last summer. Guild disbanded for RL reasons (college, work). I'd like a copy for my friend. I already have a CE but he said if I bought the game for him he'd start playing w/ me.

/sigh

First time listener here. regarding WoW, I have seen some of my friends play it and it looks ok, but unfortunately I haven't played it, I'm affraid I might get addicted to the game (like my friends), and I just don't know if the monthly subscription is worthy, but I might give it a try

I've never played WoW for fear of my life going down the toilet of video game addiction. But my brothers play now, so I guess I could rationalize it to keep in touch with them.

As for your couch? Maybe you could pile up xbox 360 shipping cartons to fill the hole.

BTW, the xbox live situation is infuriating. I don't have a 360, just the big old black and green POS, and haven't been able to play halo 2 in weeks. The DLC stuff would make it even worse.

I have been playing World of Warcraft for almost 2 years now. The reason for starting up is because several friends of mine kept urging me to try the game. Even before I ever started, I thought I would hate this type of game. I was into FPS games before (ex. Counterstrike ) and never would have picked this up if it wasn't for my friends.

WoW has it's ups and downs, but the only real reasons for me to keep playing is the invention of the Arena system and widespread popularity of the game. If you have never played WoW, the Arena system is basically the Player vs. Player aspect of the game, which has me attached to it because of the new competition that it has brought up. PvE content only goes so far for me as I've seen almost all the game has to offer in that aspect, but PvP is what has kept me playing.

The other reason that attracts me to the game is the popularity of the game. At my High School, there is a large group of people that actually play WoW, some you would suspect that they would never be caught playing a video game. This is great because I've made great friends with people that I probably would have never met otherwise.

World or warcraft was a great game when I first layed my eyes on it. I would go to my friends house and be there 24/7 sleep overs and everything. I even ended up buying a crap computer and used it to play in his basement with him. We played for HOURS we did quests and leveled. The addiction level was through the roof! Then I asked myself If I was really going to pay monthly for this game. After about 4 days of thought I decided it was not worth paying MONTHLY for. So I went out and bought a game at BestBuy. Before I mention the next part you should know that I really only play online games to play ONLINE. Anyways, I went to best buy and saw Counter Strike 1.6 on sale, thinking that it would be an OK game I bought 2 of them gave one to my friend and we still play to this day (Source though). The point of this is that I did not buy/play WoW because although it was extremeley addicting it the monthly price was too much for a MMORPG. Seeyeah Later!

I've never played WOW before because we had dialup that would only connect at 24.6 on a good day, usually got 21.6. Cable or DSL is not available and we found out we are in the Spring EVDO network and now have had wireless broadband for a few weeks now. Now that we have a great connection I'd be willing to try out WOW and see what its all about. (not to mention it opened up the Xbox Live and Wii Shop Channel floodgates.)

Why are Mr. T and William Shatner are on tv commercials for this game?

How about a hammock between the couches?

I installed WoW once from a free trial disc but never played much. I think it took longer for me to install, download the patches and update than the time I actually played. I liked Warcraft III though so I could see myself playing more if I put some time into it.

I have played WoW on trial with my family actually, my uncle and cousins kinda got me sucked into it so... yeah. and about the couch thing, you should totally get a gaming chair with speakers and put it up on a platform to be even with the couches and yeah use it when you game.

I've never played the WOW games. Everyone says the suck the importance out of all other aspects of life, leaving WOW to be the only thing left. Terrifying.

I have always wanted to play WoW because i had an addicted roommate who got kicked out of college playing it. The gf is against it but I say it is my life and I am gonna take a stand.

For the couch situation...put one couch behind the other and raise the back one...instant leveled seating.

I played EQII all the time, then i had a baby.... I'd love to get back into an mmo again and why not give warcrafta whirl right?

ducktape ftw

i never played WoW cuz i'm not into MMOs, but i want to win so i can give it as a gift. POW!

I've never played WoW but I've heard nothing but good things about it. I don't want to it take over my life like I have seen happen to other people...but hey it's 2008. getting this would be a nice change to the year.

I had to ditch WoW for college as well, so this would be the perfect opportunity to get old characters back into fighting shape and try out the BC content

Also: Couch-minifridge-couch -> bliss

Yes, I have played World of Warcraft. I actually have a subscription right now. I like it, not as hardcore as some people though. My highest is a lvl31. I play on and off.

And double sided tape.

I've played World of Warcraft and recently (December) activated my account from the trial again. I only have a 47 mage at the moment and would love to win the expansion.

I've never actually played the game even though I'm a huge Blizzard fan. Something about paying for a game more than once always rankled me. However, if I snag this swank copy for free, I'm gonna bite the bullet, pick up the original and sign up.

I used to play all the time. I used to raid and I loved it. I was in a guild that was the first on my server to kill C'Thun, the legendarily ridiculous boss of AQ40. I like the raid aspect of the game the most.

never tried world of warcraft, but if I win, I'll buy the first wow, and give both of them to my brother. Why? because he is the biggest runescape player ever. If I pay for the first month or so, I'm sure he'll pay the rest, and I can say goodbye to the monstrosite that is runescape

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back