Springfield Illinois gamers?

FreshTekRadio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So I have been lurking here for over a year now and have found only one other gamer on here from the Springfield Illinois area and was just wondering if there were anymore and if so we can post local deals we have had luck with in this area. For example;

Don't stop by the Target store off of Veterans Parkway as I attempted to use the Target clearance thread to my advantage walked up to the counter with Gun-360, Ghost Squad-Wii and Def Jam Icon-PS3. None of them rang up in the computer and the manager refused to sell them too me as they no longer carried the items lol. Anyway avoid that one like the plague.

Now its your turn!

*yes I am an idiot and said trolling lol I should have changed it to strolling.....

I think the word you are looking for is lurking not trolling. Trolling usually entails going through the forums and trying to incite flame wars and just general unpleasantness.

Well guys I am in good ol' Springfield as well. I guess I'll subscribe to this thread and post any local deals I come across.

Good luck out there cheapskates!! :)

I'm 45 minutes away, and I always have pretty good luck at the Target. I've never had problems with them saying stuff is out of the system. I've been getting stuff there for at least the last 3-4 years. I've always had very good luck at CC too.

Does anybody know where the stuff ends up that Target clearances out? I think there is a Goodwill store in Chatham, but I've never stepped into it.

Anyway, it would be great if you guys actually in Springfield could keep an eye out at Meijer and Big Lots and post here if they ever have anything worthwhile again--I haven't seen anything worth the trip at either place in at least a year. Remember those endcaps Meijer used to have?

I have had great luck with CC but nothing but problems at Target. Meijer is really hit or miss as is Shopko so all Springfield deals are YMMV I believe. In all actuality I think there are a few Ebay hoarders in this town swiping up all of the good deals and leaving nothing left for the rest of us.

On a sidenote if anyone from the area has a copy of Earthbound they would be willing to part with I will buy or trade u some good stuff. Shoot me a pm!

Ok, did ok today at places I usually don't have much luck at.

GameSpot (White Oaks) has the Master Replica Halo die-cast guns for $5 each.
Big Lots had a new selection of PC games since the last time I was there. Most are overpriced at $6 (IMO) but they had Tribes Vengeance for $4 so I got the last one.
Target had Jericho (PC) for $7.xx, and Universe at War (PC) for $12.48. Both of those had dropped from a couple weeks ago. There was only one Universe of War left.
They also had some others, including Quake Wars, but it was still $24.xx.

Well, looks like Springfield Target is a couple weeks behind the curve on their drops. They had Simpsons Game (360) for $24.98 and NHL2K8 (360) for $29.99.

I couldn't believe BB sold out of all their HD-DVDs and according to the sales person didn't have to go further than 30% off.

Can anybody in Springfield tell me how the current selection is at CC on the clearance games? They have a sale coming up next week, and there is a chance I could stop by there Sunday but last time I was there it was a pretty poor selection.

On Sunday there was one Spiderman 3 (360) left at Target for $7.xx, maybe gone now.

If anybody knows what Goodwill the Target stuff ends up at I'm still looking for the answer to that question too.

CC has been picked over badly on there clearance games at this point which sucks as they had Folklore for PS3 for $19.99 and Quake Wars for PS3 for $9.96. Damn bills needing to be paid. Other then that all they have is some used copies of Night Journey into Dreams for Wii.

I had a chance to stop in CC Friday. There were a lot of games in the bins that were marked 19.99. I didn't figure they were clearance, but I took them up to check. When I went to check out, the checkout drone said that the only games on sale were the ones pictured in the ad. I opened the ad and showed her where it said "hundreds" (I didn't even go into that I think I've been to a CC game clearance event before and know it isn't just pictured games) and she said well the ones in the ad were the ones they were likely to have. I didn't even talk to her any more I just checked out with the last copy of Jaws Unleashed (not a great game but my son tried it on GameTap before they yanked it and it isn't horrible for a Jaws/shark fan).

I forgot to mention entire stock at F.Y.E. in the mall is 50% off. They were picked over when I was there a while back. I think I was there on the 3rd. Anybody score any deals?

I was just there yesterday, and only half the store is open. Really picked over now, but still some deals to be had if they drop to 75% off.

I guess we'll see what happens at Circuit City.

I picked up a few copies of Halo 2 for Windows at Meijer for $11.99. I think it was supposed to be 40% off $30 but they marked it 40% off $20. I've been waiting to get that one cheap. I didn't feel too bad about picking up a few extras on a game that only runs on Vista and has probably been on clearance there for a while and is not at most people's favorite games list. . .

Well I have returned lol and a few days late on letting you all know that the $10 off 2k games coupon did work at Meijers so I picked up NHL 2k9 for $4.99 brand new. Score one for the good guys!

I'm from Springfield also. I just never wonder into the regional part of the forums.

Is that Clint I'm assuming from "fresh tek radio" Duh. I don't know
if you remember me but I was involved in the Halo Leagues several years
ago at the EB Games on Veterans. I'm pretty sure you worked there part
time. I was the long haired guy from Team Hardcore.

Yeah that would be me, altho I didn't actually work at the Veterans store they were our radio show sponsor so I was always there for tournaments. I did work part time at a diff store for the discount tho lol.

Springfield Gamer here as well, I have always had luck at the shop ko on wabash for some older games, and dont forget game Xchange for really old games they have worked some good deals for me.

bread's done
Back