Completel re-built Gameroom - take a look TONS of pics!

sylentwulf

CAGiversary!
http://www.electricquarter.com/gameroom.htm

Used to be a garage long time ago (new house, we move in in april) but the previous owners added heat to this room, and built a 2 car garage.
I had to put the ceiling, walls, etc... in, and build a subfloor on sloped concrete (joy).

Just about done now, just need to re-arrange and tidy up, but that's an ongoing project for everyone, so I figured I would at least get some pics up and go from there since I haven't updated my pics in 1-2 years, heh. Lemme know what you think!!

Nice room, OP. As soon as I move out... As soon as I move out...
sci-nod.gif

I HAVE to add a disclaimer in there.
That TV is a placeholder.
I have a 47" widescreen HDTV upstairs for my modern games, and am getting a 27" TV to go where that one is downstairs with fron A/V jacks.

[quote name='sylentwulf']I HAVE to add a disclaimer in there.
That TV is a placeholder.
I have a 47" widescreen HDTV upstairs for my modern games, and am getting a 27" TV to go where that one is downstairs with fron A/V jacks.[/quote] Do they make system selctors for that many systems?

Cool room. I've got the same thing going in my super small bedroom at home. Maybe someday after college...

They don't make system selectors for that many systems. I think the maximum is eight :p

You can just have two running together like a daisy chain with monster cables.

If there was a fire and you lost everything, what would you do?

If it was me, I'd just kinda.. sit down for a few weeks and just.. cry.

[quote name='opportunity777']They don't make system selectors for that many systems. I think the maximum is eight :p

You can just have two running together like a daisy chain with monster cables.[/quote]

Or you could build your own, if you have the required skills.

You have a Vetrex. I love my old Vetrex. I lost all of the the screens that go on top but I still have the games.

Old School baby.

I'm wondering why you would turn your garage into a game room......

I'd either A. use the basement or B. suffer without personally.

Because I have a 2 car garage, the previous owners started to convert this old garage into a room, but stopped after putting in the heater and ceiling.

Rich? HAH! A 4 person family making 60K a year is FAR from rich. FAR FAR FAR away.

Yes, I built the shelves :)

Thanx for the feedback guys! I'm just so happy to finally have my game room setup!

[quote name='sylentwulf']Because I have a 2 car garage, the previous owners started to convert this old garage into a room, but stopped after putting in the heater and ceiling.

Rich? HAH! A 4 person family making 60K a year is FAR from rich. FAR FAR FAR away.

Yes, I built the shelves :)

Thanx for the feedback guys! I'm just so happy to finally have my game room setup![/quote]

Yes.. I have a 2 car garage. We put 2 cars in the garage.....

[quote name='sylentwulf']Rich? HAH! A 4 person family making 60K a year is FAR from rich. FAR FAR FAR away.[/quote]

Looking at your game room, I can't help but wonder why you don't have piles of money in the bank. :whistle2:k

Very nice, and yes, I'm jealous, but only a little.

[quote name='sylentwulf']
. . . FAR from rich. FAR FAR FAR away.[/quote]

Are you serious? With all those free things your getting with rebates I'd assume you basically got your new room handed to you!

[quote name='danh920']that's awesome, but why the beat tv?[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking... for the price of a few games in that collection he coulda bought at least a decent 32 inch.

Nice,

I plan on doing this eventually also. I am in the process of finishing my basement bath and entertainment room.

Once thats done my upstairs spare bedroom will become my game room even more than it is now..

where did u get the shelves from that are holding the holding the games, and the ones that have compartments for all the systems looks like u made that one yoursef? but the 2 on either side of the doorway holding the games doesnt where did u get those?

I'm debating whether or not to have an entertainment room or a study.

One, I would love to go and get a room with a tournament size pool table... but then the random jump shots would scare me if I had a tv remotely close....

But then again, I love the idea of having a bookshelf full of books like you see in the movies, with a nice maple or modern desk, couch and a classy kind of feel.

Decisions decisions.

Rock on dude, way to make your dream come true - ignore the nay-sayer's in here, to each their own. Crazy that your wife agreed to it. =)

That's not bad. Do you even play half of those consoles? As much as I hate selling shit, I hate letting it sit and collect dust. That's why I'm down to a measly 9 consoles.

[quote name='swetooth9']how did you get all that stuff if you arent rich?[/quote]

He isn't rich, anymore.... he wasted all his cash on games.

Years, that IS how I got it all, I've been collecting for over 10 years, unlike some of the people you can tell are so jealous that they're posts show it :)

The 2 car garage DOES hold 2 cars, as I said, this USED to be a one-car garage 10-15 years ago before we bought the house.

I make roughly $15-$20 an hour, and my wife makes $12-$14 an hour, both working 40 hours per week. Decent paying, but FAR from rich.

The carpet is new, I just put it in, the walls are painted, not wallpaper, and also new. The TV, as stated, is being replaced with a 27", and isn't even hooked up yet, I do my gaming on my TV upstairs.

This board is weird, every time I post about anything half the teenyboppers just HAVE to bash SOMETHING, and the rest seem perfectly normal with reasonable posts. My questions is, how do you normal people put up with the other kids around here?

Anyways.... Yes, I built ALL of the shelves except the huge entertainment center that holds my DVD's, and the plastic drawers in the shelves I built. I originally had the plastic shelves in their plastic cheap-ass walmart sterilite thingies, but they sucked, and could only be stacked 3 high, so I built a bookcasse style shelving unit to hold the plastic drawers (they fit games almost PERFECTLY 4 NES games wide, 6 Atari games wide)

It's a very nice room, I really like the shelfs you used to hold the consoles. I just hope that you have that room very well protected, you never know when some dumb ass kids may try to break in and try to steal your stuff.

Everytime I see people's collections, it makes me wish that I was smart enough to keep my old-school boxes, just for the sake of completeness. Your shelving units look great, especially for the consoles. Someday, I too will have a room like that. Be proud of your collection!

For those that are confused, the guy has 2 garages. One that is a 2 car garage that he parks cars in. The other is an old abandoned garage that was in the process of being turned into another room, hence why heat and such was added. The old abandoned garage is now his game room. He still parks his cars in the 2 car garage.

Now we can stop being dicks. If you dont like his gaming room, thats cool, just move on. The guy obviously put some work into it and is proud of it. As a fellow gamer, let him enjoy his moment in the sun.

[quote name='rywateska'][quote name='sylentwulf']
. . . FAR from rich. FAR FAR FAR away.[/quote]

Are you serious? With all those free things your getting with rebates I'd assume you basically got your new room handed to you![/quote]
[quote name='sylentwulf']...but FAR from rich.[/quote]

I've had enough! Where do you get enough FREE AFTER REBATES to get such an insane room!?! Quit holding back the rest of the community and share your wealth of information!!!

bread's done
Back